UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 01, 2017 - 05:16 AM

https://www.theringe...s-anthony-davis

Marc J. Spears also reported that Cousins’s representatives told the Kings after the 2014-15 season that Boogie wanted to be traded to the Lakers. That summer, Adrian Wojnarowski reported the Lakers and Kings had discussed a framework for a trade. On the night of the trade to New Orleans this February, Boogie’s agent, Jarinn Akana, said his client wouldn’t re-sign with the team that trades for him. It was likely just a threat to Sacramento’s leverage in a trade, thus maintaining Boogie’s chances of earning a super max with the only team allowed by the new CBA to give it to him. But Woj also reported that Cousins could go to the Lakers as a free agent, and that L.A. had even discussed a trade for Boogie but was unwilling to give up Brandon Ingram.

At the very least, there’s a lot of noise going back to 2015 regarding a Boogie-to-Lakers move. I’ve heard similar rumblings in recent months. A reunion with John Wall in Washington also seems plausible, but that’d require a sign-and-trade. Wall previously told The Undefeated that Cousins “said he would come to D.C.” Regardless, if Cousins isn’t “stubborn and loyal,” he’ll have a chance this summer to sign with any team that wants him, though the number of teams with the requisite space may be limited. Cap projections by ESPN’s Bobby Marks reveal only six teams (Lakers, Hawks, Nets, Bulls, Mavs, and 76ers) that can realistically create a max slot. Cousins is already schmoozing with LaVar Ball, and if the Lakers are to attract LeBron James, they’ll need to add at least one more star. LeBron has already called Cousins the league’s best big man. “It starts with the head of the snake and that's Big Cuz,” LeBron said in January 2017 when asked about the challenges of facing the Kings. “He’s the best big man in our game. His ability to not only play in the interior, but he handles the ball extremely well. He’s shooting 3. He gets his guys involved at times too.”

Multiple front-office sources I spoke to said they’re expecting the Pelicans to ride it out this season, unless they’re an unsalvageable disaster once the trade deadline rolls around. “Trading Cousins would mean the end of Davis,” said one executive. “Keeping Cousins gives them more time if he comes back.” But the Lakers are expected to have the cap space to sign two max-contract players, and could easily add a third using a combination of salary fillers and prospects. No matter what LeBron decides to do, I’d be nervous about Cousins leaving to start anew in Los Angeles.

Edited by UKUGA, November 01, 2017 - 05:16 AM.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#542 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,271 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 01, 2017 - 09:35 AM

Only way I’d consider cousins is if LeBron was already on board. I stated repeatedly why I’m against the idea. I don’t even really see LeBron coming unless we see more progress from our young core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • GCMD and LACAS like this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#543 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 01, 2017 - 10:04 AM

Only way I’d consider cousins is if LeBron was already on board. I stated repeatedly why I’m against the idea. I don’t even really see LeBron coming unless we see more progress from our young core.

Agreed...

tenor.gif

#544 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,733 posts

Posted November 01, 2017 - 10:30 AM

Lebrons relationship with ball has actually changed my perspective on lebron coming to the lakers. I almost think it's possible now. They're relationship is something to watch

People said oh lebrons not at summer league to watch ball but he was there twice. Then suddenly he wishes him happy birthday "young king"

Oh and lonzo says his dad and lebron taught him to take blame

Rich paul is at laker games partially for KCP I'm sure but there are a lot of coincidences going on here

Edited by last stand 2.0, November 01, 2017 - 10:32 AM.

• GCMD, UKUGA and kball like this
Posted Image

#545 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 01, 2017 - 10:41 AM

Lebrons relationship with ball has actually changed my perspective on lebron coming to the lakers. I almost think it's possible now. They're relationship is something to watch

People said oh lebrons not at summer league to watch ball but he was there twice. Then suddenly he wishes him happy birthday "young king"

Oh and lonzo says his dad and lebron taught him to take blame

Rich paul is at laker games partially for KCP I'm sure but there are a lot of coincidences going on here

I'm not keeping up with it like that but I do believe LeBron would be attracted to a PG that is unselfish and talented after his very public spat with his former PG who wanted to get out from his shadow.  If we can land either PG13 or Cousins via trade this season, landing LeBron becomes HIGHLY likely.  Also sends the message that we are going to be aggressive in building around LeBron/Ball and PG13 or Cousins.

Would also be VERY INTERESTING to see if Randle can flourish at the 5 spot.  That opens up a whole new set of (good) problems and options this summer.

• UKUGA likes this

tenor.gif

#546 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,238 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted November 01, 2017 - 12:27 PM

Would most certainly take Cuz even without Lebron. Would def make Lonzo game even more better. Both of their games fits like a glove for one another..

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, November 01, 2017 - 12:28 PM.

• UKUGA likes this

#547 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,369 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 01, 2017 - 12:36 PM

LeBron is at the point of his career where it's championship or bust each season. There needs to be a better reason for LeBron to come to the Lakers other than him liking Ball (you guys remember shabazz napier??). So its either the Lakers young core makes enough progress to attract stars to come here or nothing.

• Busty Bluth and Rekal like this

#548 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,733 posts

Posted November 01, 2017 - 12:45 PM

LeBron is at the point of his career where it's championship or bust each season. There needs to be a better reason for LeBron to come to the Lakers other than him liking Ball (you guys remember shabazz napier??). So its either the Lakers young core makes enough progress to attract stars to come here or nothing.

Lol what? Lebron has 3 rings, he's not remotely in a "championship or bust" place in his career

He's in a do whatever the hell he wants place of his career.
  • MaceWindu likes this
Posted Image

#549 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,369 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 01, 2017 - 02:17 PM

Lol what? Lebron has 3 rings, he's not remotely in a "championship or bust" place in his career

He's in a do whatever the hell he wants place of his career.

You can say that and some others will, but the general consensus is he's trying to catch Jordan and Kobe and be the best ever. He knows it will help his case if he had more rings and he will choose the team that will give him the best chance to win. If he's truly not seeking winning rings anymore, then there's even less of a reason for him to come to the Lakers and assemble another super team. Take the max and stay with the Cavs.

Edited by Jackson, November 01, 2017 - 02:20 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#550 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,502 posts

Posted November 01, 2017 - 02:32 PM

Good video. Mav Carter gives insight into what LeBron is thinking for next summer.

Short version: he doesn't care about being in LA.

https://mobile.twitt...816665526300672
  • GCMD likes this

#551 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,733 posts

Posted November 01, 2017 - 04:14 PM

Good video. Mav Carter gives insight into what LeBron is thinking for next summer.

Short version: he doesn't care about being in LA.

https://mobile.twitt...816665526300672

These are usually the types of things I don't buy. He's one of lebrons yes men. So his entire job is to keep the curtain closed and not reveal what's behind it
  • Jody Smokes likes this
Posted Image

#552 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,733 posts

Posted November 01, 2017 - 04:17 PM

You can say that and some others will, but the general consensus is he's trying to catch Jordan and Kobe and be the best ever. He knows it will help his case if he had more rings and he will choose the team that will give him the best chance to win. If he's truly not seeking winning rings anymore, then there's even less of a reason for him to come to the Lakers and assemble another super team. Take the max and stay with the Cavs.

He has more to gain in la than Cleveland. From both a basketball and non basketball perspective

Cleveland is set in how their roster is going to look so I wouldn't call them the contender they were, especially with kyrie gone

And la has more cap room and a promising blue chip prospect in lonzo ball

Sure I could see lebron just taking one more massive pay day in Cleveland and inching towards billionaire status but I don't think it's a total lock by any stretch and I do believe LA is.the best of all worlds under the assumption they are able to bring someone else in here
Posted Image

#553 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,466 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 01, 2017 - 07:48 PM

Cavs are playing like [expletive], their defense is horrible

#554 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 01, 2017 - 08:59 PM

never will they give up ingram for lebron or anything like that!

I totally agree

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, November 01, 2017 - 08:59 PM.

#555 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,212 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 01, 2017 - 09:43 PM

I believe he's a lot more than a yes man or a flunky.  He's a business partner.  

These are usually the types of things I don't buy. He's one of lebrons yes men. So his entire job is to keep the curtain closed and not reveal what's behind it

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#556 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted November 01, 2017 - 09:46 PM

Cavs are playing like [expletive], their defense is horrible

There waiting for the playoffs there just coasting right now

#557 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,295 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 02, 2017 - 04:54 AM

You guys do realize the Cavs nor any other team has played 10 games right? 

Fire Luke

Ball sucks

Ingram sucks

Cavs are playing like [expletive]

Etc...

#558 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 06:33 AM

Would most certainly take Cuz even without Lebron. Would def make Lonzo game even more better. Both of their games fits like a glove for one another..

No one disputes Cousins' talent...it's his head.  Very few people dispute he's a distraction (at best) if not kept in check.

Another option:  Make a splash for another star.  Have someone he wants to play with on the roster already.

He can be a yes man and still speak the truth.  There is nothing he said that was false.

LeBron doesn't need LA.  He likely WANTS LA but he also wants to win.  If we can present a situation where he can win, we have the best chance (IMHO) of being the place he chooses.  That's why I'm preaching "make a move in season"...give him data to make a decision on, not just "wouldn't it be nice?"...

tenor.gif

#559 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,466 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 02, 2017 - 07:30 AM

Did I say Cavs will suck this season? No. Right now, Cavs are playing like [expletive] and their defense looks terrible, those are facts.

#560 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 02, 2017 - 07:50 AM

Did I say Cavs will suck this season? No. Right now, Cavs are playing like [expletive] and their defense looks terrible, those are facts.

Some people say the same things about the Warriors.  Doesn't mean they aren't the favs to win in the Summer.  Lots of basketball left to be played.  It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

And don't forget that the Cavs had some really poor stretches last year.  That didn't stop them from going to the Finals.

tenor.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users