525 replies to this topic

#501 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,156 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 04, 2017 - 04:41 AM

Boogie should be an option. He might be a headcase, but he's the type of player that team's dont have an answer for. Surround him with talented and switchy wings - Lonzo-Kuzma-Ingram-George/Lebron-etc and you have a team that's tough to handle.

The best option is if Randle plays well early this season and they flip him for a late first rounder. Offer that pick, as well as a future Lakers pick and/or other minor assets and maybe there's a chance.

If we go into the summer with Deng on the roster and we have to move him to make room for Lebron, George or Boogie there is always a possibility to include Ingram in a trade, but that should be a last resort.

Or the stretch.

Randle will be just as hard to move. He isnt worth 15M-20M which is likely what he will be offered in free agency.

#502 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,212 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 04, 2017 - 05:10 AM

Randle will be just as hard to move. He isnt worth 15M-20M which is likely what he will be offered in free agency.

Bye Felicia.

• GCMD likes this

#503 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,149 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 04, 2017 - 06:22 AM

I don't think that 15-20M is his market anymore.  This past offseason it looks like the market corrected itself a bit.  Randle is likely in the same market as TJ Warren who just got a 4 year 50M extension with PHX.  Not a ton of cash but still too much for them to pay Randle if he can't find his niche here.

• GCMD likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#504 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,156 posts

Posted October 04, 2017 - 07:51 AM

I don't think that 15-20M is his market anymore.  This past offseason it looks like the market corrected itself a bit.  Randle is likely in the same market as TJ Warren who just got a 4 year 50M extension with PHX.  Not a ton of cash but still too much for them to pay Randle if he can't find his niche here.

I think that he easily gets more than TJ

#505 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,149 posts

Posted October 04, 2017 - 05:01 PM

Based on what? They are and have been in the same tier as far as production.  If Noel couldn't get a viable offer sheet this offseason who is offering a 4 year 60/80M deal to Randle?

I think that he easily gets more than TJ

• GCMD likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#506 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,544 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 04, 2017 - 09:31 PM

He's going to be hard to move for value, you mean. I agree he isn't worth 15-20M at all and it's hard to see anyone paying him that amount unless its on a shorter deal.

#507 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,053 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 05, 2017 - 03:50 AM

Didn't Pau just get 16 mil a year?

Debatable but Randle may provide as much though somewhat differently.

Certainly more minutes a game

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#508 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,149 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 06:23 AM

Pau is much better even at 37 lol. 

• GCMD likes this

#509 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,544 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 06:35 AM

I dont think anyone knows why the hell they paid Gasol that much.

#510 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,544 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 09:02 AM

https://basketball.r...-In-NBA-History

So Lebron wants to be at the top of the food chain for as long as possible. In that case, i think the Lakers might be his best option. We've got several fantastic prospects on their rookie deals and you've got one of the biggest markets and a franchise willing and capable of spending money.

• GCMD likes this

#511 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,053 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 17, 2017 - 12:42 PM

Houston i'd say if he wants to be on top (or near it anyways)

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#512 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,212 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 02:43 PM

Houston i'd say if he wants to be on top (or near it anyways)

I can see it due to CP3 being there... but his wife is hellbent on LA.

• GCMD likes this

#513 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,156 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 04:33 PM

Completely OT but the Celtics season is over...that was quick lol

#514 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,324 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 17, 2017 - 04:59 PM

Completely OT but the Celtics season is over...that was quick lol

Yea it's a wrap for them. You never want to see injuries like that.

#515 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts

Posted October 17, 2017 - 10:27 PM

Very bad injury but I don't think it's career ending...I don't even think it ruins BOS's season.

I think it will make Ainge a little more likely to deal some of his picks but for a GOOD player, not just anyone.  I expect a renewed pursuit of Paul George.

tenor.gif

#516 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,212 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 05:03 AM

You never want to see any injuries much less one like the one Gordon suffered, prayers out to GH.

On that note, I think BOS will stay in it, the EC is a joke.

• GCMD likes this

#517 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 05:47 PM

Boogie should be an option. He might be a headcase, but he's the type of player that team's dont have an answer for. Surround him with talented and switchy wings - Lonzo-Kuzma-Ingram-George/Lebron-etc and you have a team that's tough to handle.

If this were the case, Boogie/AD would make NOP a legit contender.  AD is better than any player on this team.  Cousins is overrated because his production is based on getting buckets, not playing well within a team concept.

This offense is all about the team concept.

Bad, bad fit.

tenor.gif

#518 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,156 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 05:56 PM

If this were the case, Boogie/AD would make NOP a legit contender. AD is better than any player on this team. Cousins is overrated because his production is based on getting buckets, not playing well within a team concept.

This offense is all about the team concept.

Bad, bad fit.

Those two are a bad fit. Cousins offensively is about as unstoppable as a C gets at this point. He's an extremely talented player. It seems like you just dislike him. I agree that we shouldn't go after him if we dont also get Lebron or two additional stars but you seem to underrate his abilities.

#519 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,149 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 06:19 PM

I love Boogie but he has a point.  He's talented enough to get buckets on offense but a team based around a high usage volume scoring big that isn't extremely efficient is normally not very good.  Being able to create your own offense as a big is a luxury but for the team to perform at a high level great and easy buckets should be created for them.  Boogie has avg nearly 4 TOs a game in his entire career.  That's pretty poor as a C. Dwight in wasn't far behind him but in his highest TO years he played much more minutes than Boogie did.  One season Boogie avg 30mpg and avg like 3.9 TOs lol.  

I haven't seen enough good from Luke and his staff to suggest that Boogie could be harnessed correctly here.  Only with Lebron would I trust it.  Maybe Paul George but that would mean Lonzo would have to have a huge leap as a player.  

We haven't even touched on his deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball. 

Those two are a bad fit. Cousins offensively is about as unstoppable as a C gets at this point. He's an extremely talented player. It seems like you just dislike him. I agree that we shouldn't go after him if we dont also get Lebron or two additional stars but you seem to underrate his abilities.

Edited by Jody Smokes, October 18, 2017 - 06:20 PM.

• GCMD and LACAS like this

#520 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,544 posts

Posted October 18, 2017 - 10:44 PM

I love Boogie but he has a point.  He's talented enough to get buckets on offense but a team based around a high usage volume scoring big that isn't extremely efficient is normally not very good.  Being able to create your own offense as a big is a luxury but for the team to perform at a high level great and easy buckets should be created for them.  Boogie has avg nearly 4 TOs a game in his entire career.  That's pretty poor as a C. Dwight in wasn't far behind him but in his highest TO years he played much more minutes than Boogie did.  One season Boogie avg 30mpg and avg like 3.9 TOs lol.  

I haven't seen enough good from Luke and his staff to suggest that Boogie could be harnessed correctly here.  Only with Lebron would I trust it.  Maybe Paul George but that would mean Lonzo would have to have a huge leap as a player.  

We haven't even touched on his deficiencies on the defensive side of the ball. 

Two things:

I think one of Luke's biggest strengths is to connect with the players so if anyone could get Boogie in check i think it would be Luke. But of course, having George or Lebron would be important as well.

The only way to beat the Warriors is if you have a guy like Boogie, because trying to beat them at their own game is not going to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users