562 replies to this topic

#481 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,283 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 28, 2017 - 08:14 PM

You make a statement like this almost leads me to believe you didn't even watch the Finals.  I also don't think you really understand how good the Warriors are. The fact they added KD to the squad, he's a perfect fit AND that they were contenders w/o him says a lot.  OKC is contender now?  What because they added a 33 year old Carmelo Anthony? Are we being serious right now?  Getting Melo now simply put them as a serious challengers to GS?  

For every reason people believe that OKC/Cavs will not succeed, there is a reason that they will. It's 50-50. However, the Cavs and OKC are composed with great, smart players. It's likely that they will both be very impressive -- a lot more impressive than the Lakers. They will put up tough challenges for the Warriors.

These 2018 threads will likely start to die out during the season.

• GCMD likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#482 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 420 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 29, 2017 - 07:08 AM

The Warriors are probably coasting again to another championship.

However, I'm not sure it's so much about them being that good as it is everyone else in the league is that bad. You should be able to post Draymond and KD all game long.

Back on topic: Can we wait and see how LeBron performs this season before committing a ridiculous amount of money to him? The absolute best we can hope for is still a mommoth sacrifice. I don't get why we get stuck with players on the decline and with bloated contracts. He looks so old and beat up in his media day pictures.

#483 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,442 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted September 29, 2017 - 07:20 AM

However, I'm not sure it's so much about them being that good as it is everyone else in the league is that bad. You should be able to post Draymond and KD all game long.

Back on topic: Can we wait and see how LeBron performs this season before committing a ridiculous amount of money to him? The absolute best we can hope for is still a mommoth sacrifice. I don't get why we get stuck with players on the decline and with bloated contracts. He looks so old and beat up in his media day pictures.

wtf...
  • GCMD likes this

#484 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,283 posts

Posted September 29, 2017 - 07:51 AM

Yes because posting up all day long is what wins games in the zone era

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#485 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,609 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted September 30, 2017 - 01:31 AM

With Westbrook extended and rumors that OKC is wiling to foot the large tax bill, I can definitely see a scenario where George and Melo stay. We need a plan b for someone to pair with LBJ in 2018 FA. Or ride it out with Ball and Ingram. Not sure how competitive they will be against younger teams like the Wolves and Sixers and Bucks in the next 5 years though. 

#486 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,711 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted September 30, 2017 - 04:57 AM

With Westbrook extended and rumors that OKC is wiling to foot the large tax bill, I can definitely see a scenario where George and Melo stay. We need a plan b for someone to pair with LBJ in 2018 FA. Or ride it out with Ball and Ingram. Not sure how competitive they will be against younger teams like the Wolves and Sixers and Bucks in the next 5 years though.

Plan B would be Boogie

But George is leaving OKC i think.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, September 30, 2017 - 04:58 AM.

#487 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted September 30, 2017 - 08:57 AM

Not worried about next summer, if the kids meet or surpass expectations everything else will work itself out.

#488 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,729 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted September 30, 2017 - 10:54 AM

Until and when PG extends, we roll with making a push for PG and Lebron. Plan B will be Boogie and Bron
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#489 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted September 30, 2017 - 12:31 PM

Paul George said in July that he would make his 2018 free agency decision in collaboration with Westbrook...

OKLAHOMA CITY -- All-Star small forward Paul George said Saturday that Russell Westbrook's five-year extension with the Oklahoma City Thunder will "absolutely" factor into his decision on his own future next summer.

"We've been on an unbelievable start right now, and for him to be committed here, it says a lot," George said. "

Not only in us pairing together, but just knowing what type of dude Russ is and his values and his beliefs and him being committed to this organization says a lot. And I'm one person that's enjoying it here, so I think when that time comes, the decision will be easier to make for myself."

On Friday, Westbrook inked the largest deal in NBA history, a five-year extension on his current contract worth $205 million.

"From the commitment from the front office all the way down to Russ, the commitment here is off the charts," George said.

George will hit unrestricted free agency next summer, with plenty of buzz circulating around the league about where he'll end up. Many presume he has an eye on his hometown Los Angeles Lakers. The Thunder traded for George hours before free agency opened last July, knowing his future was uncertain. George said in July when he was introduced that maybe he would make a decision in concert with Westbrook next summer, but that scenario is now off the board with Westbrook's extension already done. George said he wasn't surprised Westbrook committed early.

www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20873182/paul-george-oklahoma-city-thunder-says-russell-westbrook-extension-absolutely-factor-decision-next-summer

Could be that Westbrook committed to OKC because it is 205 million dollars. But it also could be that he and George want to play together as George in his recent interview mentioned the word commitment a handful of times. Could be a smokescreen. We have to hope that OKC runs into problems and loses a lot of games.

Edited by Jackson, September 30, 2017 - 12:56 PM.

#490 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,283 posts

Posted September 30, 2017 - 12:53 PM

Paul George to LA isn't as a done deal as we thought.  I mean things change but I do believe Lakers still have a huge shot.  Lonzo and BI have to be good this year.  Everything is banking on those guys.  

• Jackson likes this

#491 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted September 30, 2017 - 12:57 PM

Paul George to LA isn't as a done deal as we thought.  I mean things change but I do believe Lakers still have a huge shot.  Lonzo and BI have to be good this year.  Everything is banking on those guys.  

Or hopefully the OKC chemistry questions are real and OKC struggles to win games/compete.

But it's increasingly looking like the Lakers blew it in FA by low balling the Pacers.

Edited by Jackson, September 30, 2017 - 12:57 PM.

#492 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,609 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted September 30, 2017 - 03:13 PM

George stated he'll stay if they make the WCF.

OKC management has stated they'll pay luxury tax.

Westbrook just signed the extension.

I think they make the WCF. I feel like George will stay. Hopefully Cousins is unhappy.

#493 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,283 posts

Posted September 30, 2017 - 06:55 PM

Im not sure where you got they low balled them.  There was literally no way to attain Paul George w/o trading the #2 pick.  They turned down Randle, 27 and 28.  What other assets could they have offered?  Ingram?  If Paul George wants to also win then trading Ingram for him to play with a rebuilding team on a 1 year deal would be nothing short of stupidity.  

I dont understand why some of yall have to find someone to blame.  Sometimes deals just can't happen.  

Or hopefully the OKC chemistry questions are real and OKC struggles to win games/compete.

But it's increasingly looking like the Lakers blew it in FA by low balling the Pacers.

• KidRN likes this

#494 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted October 03, 2017 - 02:49 AM

The Lakers regular season team won't look much different than this pre season team. Doubt this team the way it's setup will entice PG13 to join the Lakers.

#495 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,711 posts

Posted October 03, 2017 - 04:06 AM

The Lakers regular season team won't look much different than this pre season team. Doubt this team the way it's setup will entice PG13 to join the Lakers.

Maybe.

I think the Lakers will unload Clarkson and Randle during the season, which will put them in position to add both Lebron and Paul George. If they manage to unload Deng's contract they might even be en position to keep KCP or go after a solid FA such as Avery Bradley. In addition they could possibly even keep Lopez. If push comes to shove, they may

Westbrook, George, Melo, Adams is a nice core, but

Lebron>>>>>Westbrook

George-George

Ball-Ingram-Kuzma-Nance-Lopez/KCP/???/ major market / Money to spend >>>>>>>>>> Adams and Melo.

#496 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,581 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 03, 2017 - 04:54 AM

Boogie is an option.  Not sure if Lebron would want to play with him; yet, in some ways, he's a perfect guy for Lebron to help elevate into a champion.

Can't ignore trades, either.  Today, we don't know who.  But, who thought Kyrie and Chris Paul would be traded this past off-season?

Edited by UKUGA, October 03, 2017 - 04:54 AM.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#497 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 03, 2017 - 05:32 AM

I don't get the Boogie thing really, the guy is good but.....

Ill wait to see how Lopez and Bogut look after 25 games...

#498 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 03, 2017 - 07:04 AM

The only way PG comes is with another major STAR. We have to do quite well this season to become a magnet. I think some players who we thought were not going to contribute are going to do well and some hype will be exposed

#499 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,283 posts

Posted October 03, 2017 - 08:43 PM

Not sure how they unload Deng's deal.  More than likely he ends up getting stretched IF a big name is ready to sign. 

#500 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,711 posts

Posted October 03, 2017 - 10:13 PM

Boogie is an option.  Not sure if Lebron would want to play with him; yet, in some ways, he's a perfect guy for Lebron to help elevate into a champion.

Can't ignore trades, either.  Today, we don't know who.  But, who thought Kyrie and Chris Paul would be traded this past off-season?

Boogie should be an option. He might be a headcase, but he's the type of player that team's dont have an answer for. Surround him with talented and switchy wings - Lonzo-Kuzma-Ingram-George/Lebron-etc and you have a team that's tough to handle.

Not sure how they unload Deng's deal.  More than likely he ends up getting stretched IF a big name is ready to sign. 

The best option is if Randle plays well early this season and they flip him for a late first rounder. Offer that pick, as well as a future Lakers pick and/or other minor assets and maybe there's a chance.

If we go into the summer with Deng on the roster and we have to move him to make room for Lebron, George or Boogie there is always a possibility to include Ingram in a trade, but that should be a last resort.

Or the stretch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users