ship him out

#422 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,215 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 14, 2017 - 06:22 AM

Unless it guaranteed the rest of the Lebron's tenure in the NBA that would be an easy NO for me

I was thinking about this last week and I said to myself "if LeBron and his Wife start shopping for high schools in LA, it's a wrap".  

Well folks, that's all she wrote.

I thought they'd start looking in April or May at the latest...IMHO, LBJ and SB aren't even TRYING to be in CLE THIS year...LOL.  

If CLE asked for Ingram for LeBron, how many of you would say no?

• KidRN and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#423 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,348 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted September 14, 2017 - 06:45 AM

Unless it guaranteed the rest of the Lebron's tenure in the NBA that would be an easy NO for me

I agree
  • LACAS likes this

#424 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted September 14, 2017 - 06:57 AM

IIRC, there were rumors in spring/summer that the kids already attended school in LA.  Apparently, not true. 

All that matters, really, is that they sign to play 1 year of college ball at Kentucky. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#425 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,307 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 14, 2017 - 09:50 AM

Agreed.

#426 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted September 14, 2017 - 11:27 PM

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees but I didn't think I should have had to have say that he immediately signs a long-term extension.  I thought that was implied.

tenor.gif

#427 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 15, 2017 - 05:48 AM

I still think those kind of a questions are pointless though.  That scenario just isn't going to happen and you know how [expletive] like that gets the forum off track.  Like 10 arguments stem from it. 

I'm pretty sure everyone agrees but I didn't think I should have had to have say that he immediately signs a long-term extension.  I thought that was implied.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#428 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,315 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 15, 2017 - 11:09 AM

If Cleveland somehow beat the Warriors in the finals what then? Less likely? Unless we see drastic improvements it's wishful thinking he'd consider us this summer. The FO should be smart, don't put all the eggs in one basket. Let's not miss out on everyone waiting on a NO from plan A. Trading for him would make things a lot more interesting next summer. It could happen, don't say it can't. I wasn't expecting Kyrie to demand a trade then be in a deal for Thomas. In two thousand seventeen anything can happen. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#429 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted September 15, 2017 - 11:28 AM

If Cleveland somehow beat the Warriors in the finals what then? Less likely? Unless we see drastic improvements it's wishful thinking he'd consider us this summer. The FO should be smart, don't put all the eggs in one basket. Let's not miss out on everyone waiting on a NO from plan A. Trading for him would make things a lot more interesting next summer. It could happen, don't say it can't. I wasn't expecting Kyrie to demand a trade then be in a deal for Thomas. In two thousand seventeen anything can happen. Just saying.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More likely we sign him than trade for him.

#430 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted September 16, 2017 - 03:42 AM

If CLE offers LeBron for BI, Lakers will make that trade provided LeBron commits longterm.  That simple.

tenor.gif

#431 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,307 posts

Posted September 16, 2017 - 04:25 AM

Speaking of Bron & longterm... how much more do we think Bron has in him? How many more years does he have left of being a top 5 player?

Edited by LACAS, September 16, 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#432 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 16, 2017 - 08:08 AM

Speaking of Bron & longterm... how much more do we think Bron has in him? How many more years does he have left of being a top 5 player?

I'd say about 75% probability he's still top 5 for 2-4 years.

Guys who could legitimately be ahead of him during that time are still pretty few.

KD

Steph

Kawhi

AD?

KAT?

Harden?

Blake?

Maybe a couple others...

This is if he doesn't sustain a major injury like Kobe.

If he does, its possible 20+ guys move ahead of him.

Like the whole league did after Kobe fell *welp*

EDIT: JESUS cant believe i left Westbrook off that list. Shame on me

Edited by kball, September 16, 2017 - 02:56 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#433 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,374 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted September 16, 2017 - 11:28 AM

We'll see this year. This will be the first time in a long while that LeBron will be vulnerable due to increased demand, age, increased offensive load, and a drop in teammate quality. But his numbers should still be better than 90% of the league.

#434 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 16, 2017 - 01:14 PM

Why are we still discussing the idea of Lebron being traded?  He isn't asking for a trade and LA doesn't have enough to touch him w/o [expletive]ing over the team.  To get Lebron it would take Brandon Ingram AND Lonzo to pull that off and I seriously doubt Lebron wants the team he's going to to be devoid of the best talent on it, also CLE has no reason to accept a trash offer.  

• KidRN likes this

#435 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,307 posts

Posted September 16, 2017 - 01:46 PM

Whose trading for Bron? Isn't he a FA next summer? I simply asked how many more years do we think Bron has left being a top 5 player?

Edited by LACAS, September 16, 2017 - 02:10 PM.

#436 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted September 16, 2017 - 02:01 PM

Why are we still discussing the idea of Lebron being traded?  He isn't asking for a trade and LA doesn't have enough to touch him w/o [expletive]ing over the team.  To get Lebron it would take Brandon Ingram AND Lonzo to pull that off and I seriously doubt Lebron wants the team he's going to to be devoid of the best talent on it, also CLE has no reason to accept a trash offer.

I'm not sure why people feel the need to argue about unrealistic trades.

#437 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,307 posts

Posted September 16, 2017 - 02:13 PM

IF and WHEN Bron comes to LA as a FREE AGENT NEXT SUMMER, how many years of a top 5 player could the Lakers get?

Edited by LACAS, September 16, 2017 - 02:25 PM.

#438 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,215 posts

Posted September 16, 2017 - 02:13 PM

The stupid question "would you trade Brandon Ingram for Lebron" has been posed at least 3 different times in the past 2-3 months in this and maybe another thread. 

As far as him being left as a top 5 player? I don't know.  Lebron is still pretty much more athletic/explosive than any player not Westbrook.  On top of that he's a bball genius. I can't see anybody surpassing him as far as on the floor impact for the next 3 seasons outside of Kevin Durant .  If LA can get 2-3 years of this past year or even a step slower version of Lebron they are a top 3-4 team easily IMO.  

Whose trading for Bron? Isn't he FA next summer? I simply asked how many more years do we think Bron has left being a top 5 player?

• LACAS likes this

#439 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,307 posts

Posted September 16, 2017 - 02:17 PM

The stupid question "would you trade Brandon Ingram for Lebron" has been posed at least 3 different times in the past 2-3 months in this and maybe another thread. 

As far as him being left as a top 5 player? I don't know.  Lebron is still pretty much more athletic/explosive than any player not Westbrook.  On top of that he's a bball genius. I can't see anybody surpassing him as far as on the floor impact for the next 3 seasons outside of Kevin Durant .  If LA can get 2-3 years of this past year or even a step slower version of Lebron they are a top 3-4 team easily IMO.  

Ahhh, yeah... silly but its been a long summer so I understand the hypotheticals.

Bron is definitely a beast, so based on what you said, how long would you offer Bron? I think Bron is and will be a top 5 player the next 3-4 years barring any major injuries.

Edited by LACAS, September 16, 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#440 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted September 16, 2017 - 02:58 PM

Ahhh, yeah... silly but its been a long summer so I understand the hypotheticals.

Bron is definitely a beast, so based on what you said, how long would you offer Bron? I think Bron is and will be a top 5 player the next 3-4 years barring any major injuries.

You let him dictate the length.

Probably 3 years w player option 3rd year and no trade clause (id guess)

But if he says 4 years and 4th year player option, you still absolutely do it

Edited by kball, September 16, 2017 - 02:59 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users