308 replies to this topic

#281 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted August 09, 2017 - 06:53 AM

Pau and McHale is a pretty close comparison imo.

I'd give Gasol a slight edge for less injury prone and a longer run. Much more willing passer. Had a left hand too. McHale didnt

I think any list would have to have Elvin Hayes and Elgin Baylor in the top 6.

Baylor being similar in size to barkley

Edited by kball, August 09, 2017 - 06:54 AM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#282 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,980 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted August 09, 2017 - 06:57 AM

I'd give Gasol a slight edge for less injury prone and a longer run. Much more willing passer. Had a left hand too. McHale didnt

I think McHale was better but just my opinion.
  • GCMD likes this

#283 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts

Posted August 09, 2017 - 06:57 AM

Draymond? No. Not yet.

And since when did Robinson and Hakeem become PF's?

Kevin Love?

Wtf is going on in here lmao.

Apparently since the around the same time Unseld and Jerry Lucas did.

Trivia note: Unseld won ROTY and MVP in his rookie year i think.

Thats a pretty tough double win there. Think the last guy to do that

Edited by kball, August 09, 2017 - 07:00 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

#284 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,374 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 09, 2017 - 09:33 AM

McHale played on a broken foot in '87 because he wanted to win a title.

Pau fell apart in the 2011 play-offs due to emotional difficulties.

Pau is highly-skilled, but McHale had superior low-post moves over-all.

I'm giving McHale the advantage and saying that like many guys, he'd have a much longer career if he played in the modern era. 

Edited by UKUGA, August 10, 2017 - 04:17 AM.

• GCMD likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#285 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,995 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 09, 2017 - 09:49 AM

I'll never understand why Lakers fans act like Pau wasn't something serious.  08-10 Pau was an ELITE nba player.  

It's kind of funny in the midst of all the Lebron/Kyrie ish the same rules apply.  Guys like Shaq, Kobe, MJ and Lebron have been so good individually that people downplay how good their teammates were.  Shaq had this effect on Kobe, Lebron had this effect on Bosh and now Kyrie and Kobe to some extent Pau.  

You swap out Pau with anybody less than KG or Tim Duncan in 08-10 the Lakers do not win rings.  Pau may have only avg 18/10 but he made that offense elite.  

Respect that man.  He didn't/doesnt have to be KG, Tim Duncan or even Dirk to be considered all time.  He's every bit as good or better than Kevin McHale, James Worthy was.  

• Busty Bluth and kidpolean like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#286 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,737 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 09, 2017 - 08:01 PM

I'll never understand why Lakers fans act like Pau wasn't something serious.  08-10 Pau was an ELITE nba player.  

It's kind of funny in the midst of all the Lebron/Kyrie ish the same rules apply.  Guys like Shaq, Kobe, MJ and Lebron have been so good individually that people downplay how good their teammates were.  Shaq had this effect on Kobe, Lebron had this effect on Bosh and now Kyrie and Kobe to some extent Pau.  

You swap out Pau with anybody less than KG or Tim Duncan in 08-10 the Lakers do not win rings.  Pau may have only avg 18/10 but he made that offense elite.  

Respect that man.  He didn't/doesnt have to be KG, Tim Duncan or even Dirk to be considered all time.  He's every bit as good or better than Kevin McHale, James Worthy was.  

I'm a Pau FAN.  Loved his game and wish he didn't leave.

That said, top 10 PF All Time?  We can discuss it but it's far from being a sure-thing.

Edited by GCMD, August 09, 2017 - 08:01 PM.

tenor.gif

#287 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,014 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted August 10, 2017 - 07:42 PM

Honestly Zach Randolph is very comparable with Pau IMO, I'm really big on how players perform as alpha dogs on their team. Randolph led his team to the western conference finals with the Grizzlies, Webber was the best player on one of the greatest non champions of all time, come on now. Even McHale won a game in the playoffs on his last legs the year Bird gets injured. Pau was a skilled player but if he never played with Kobe there wouldn't be much discussion
  • GCMD and LACAS like this

#288 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,737 posts

Posted August 11, 2017 - 04:26 AM

Honestly Zach Randolph is very comparable with Pau IMO, I'm really big on how players perform as alpha dogs on their team. Randolph led his team to the western conference finals with the Grizzlies, Webber was the best player on one of the greatest non champions of all time, come on now. Even McHale won a game in the playoffs on his last legs the year Bird gets injured. Pau was a skilled player but if he never played with Kobe there wouldn't be much discussion

Exactly...some of the kids here (younger than 35) don't remember Webber, Z-Bo and McHale in their primes.  IMHO, Webber is one of the greatest PFs to never win a ring...in their primes, Webber was clearly a better player than Pau - same skills (handles, shooting, passing) and basketball IQ with more athleticism, speed and toughness.

• stillshining likes this

tenor.gif

#289 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,133 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted August 11, 2017 - 05:12 AM

Bron calling LA home...

• UKUGA likes this

#290 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,817 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted August 11, 2017 - 10:01 AM

Webber made the single most boneheaded play in a championship game of all time, one that ended up costing his team a national championship. I'd lay off the high basketball IQ take.

Exactly...some of the kids here (younger than 35) don't remember Webber, Z-Bo and McHale in their primes. IMHO, Webber is one of the greatest PFs to never win a ring...in their primes, Webber was clearly a better player than Pau - same skills (handles, shooting, passing) and basketball IQ with more athleticism, speed and toughness.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#291 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,374 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted August 12, 2017 - 05:20 AM

Webber made the single most boneheaded play in a championship game of all time, one that ended up costing his team a national championship. I'd lay off the high basketball IQ take.

Meh.

Let's hold one error a guy made at 19 against him for the rest of his life. Classy.  

There was an assistant coach on the bench signaling for time out, as well.  

I was impressed at the way he owned up to his mistake.  

• GCMD likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#292 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 10:00 AM

Poor C Webb.

He was also the one lunging at Horry for that game winning 3 Vlade assisted on

Edited by kball, August 12, 2017 - 10:00 AM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#293 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,737 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 01:02 PM

Yes because if you make a mistake in the National Championship in college, you can NEVER have high basketball IQ...NE-VER...

LOL...get outta here, breh...one play in college doesn't define a player's aptitude.  This is another example of someone fishing for an excuse to disagree.

tenor.gif

#294 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,454 posts

Posted August 14, 2017 - 01:19 PM

LeBron James @KingJames
Happy birthday @MagicJohnson!! One of the few that's always showed love from day 1 to me! Thank you. Enjoy your day!!

Don't wanna jump to conclusions, but I think we just signed LeBron.
  • UKUGA likes this

#295 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts

Posted August 14, 2017 - 02:52 PM

LeBron James @KingJames
Happy birthday @MagicJohnson!! One of the few that's always showed love from day 1 to me! Thank you. Enjoy your day!!

Don't wanna jump to conclusions, but I think we just signed LeBron to a multi year contract.

Fixed 

#296 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted August 15, 2017 - 07:04 AM

As much as I would love to see it I just cant see LeBron leaving again

#297 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,980 posts

Posted August 15, 2017 - 07:55 AM

As much as I would love to see it I just cant see LeBron leaving again

I can...however, he could likely compete if he stays in Cleveland. Get rid of Love and take a pay cut to bring in another star. Meanwhile, Klay probably leaves GS making them easier to beat. People underrate Klay's impact imo.

#298 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,995 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 15, 2017 - 08:41 AM

Ehh he's still the most replaceable of the bunch though.  They'd still have the best PG, KD and arguably best defensive player in the league with pieces that fit them.  Getting rid of Klay just allows them to balance the team out more financially and may give way to a cheaper option to impact as well. 

I can...however, he could likely compete if he stays in Cleveland. Get rid of Love and take a pay cut to bring in another star. Meanwhile, Klay probably leaves GS making them easier to beat. People underrate Klay's impact imo.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#299 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,980 posts

Posted August 15, 2017 - 08:47 AM

Ehh he's still the most replaceable of the bunch though.  They'd still have the best PG, KD and arguably best defensive player in the league with pieces that fit them.  Getting rid of Klay just allows them to balance the team out more financially and may give way to a cheaper option to impact as well.

He's certainly the most replaceable but his D and 3pt ability will still be hard to replace.

#300 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,133 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted August 15, 2017 - 09:03 AM

People underrate Klay's impact imo.

Agreed... Klay is one of the most underrated players in the game; he gets overlooked playing alongside Curry, KD and Dray...I don't think people understand Klay's importance to GS. Klay doesn't need the ball or the spotlight, the dude is a straight sniper whose solid D helps hide Curry's nonexistent D. Klay on almost any other team would average 25+ ppg.

Come on down Klay, all damn day.

Ball

Klay

BI 

Bron

X

Thats damn nice!

Edited by LACAS, August 15, 2017 - 09:05 AM.

• GCMD likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (4)