562 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,272 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 19, 2017 - 01:11 PM

Okaay Guys, I think its time to open this thread..

So there are multiple rumours and reports about LBJ being unhappy again in Cleveland and that he becomes a Free Agent in 2018 and has LA as his destination, or in that case, lets say option.. He might consider leaving Cleveland for a second time..

So we all know his agent is KCPs agent too. Does this might have an effect on the FA 2018 ? Probably.. Will it have an effect? We dont know yet. All I want to ask you guys..

LeBron is currently 32 years old. He turns 33 in December. How time flys,right? So that makes him 33,5 years old in the summer of 2018.

If,....IF he signs with the Lakers.., what will his role be? 

Clearly LeBron would be an UPGRADE to any basketball team, especially to our youth,growth and rhytmn heading into the right and new direction. BUT on the other hand, LeBrons arrival could also be a disfunction in this progress of this "LAKERS YOUTH MOVEMENT". Because all the expectations and hype will be set again on LBJ. All the hero-ball etc. callings will settle on LeBron and he will be called to action and will be the person in charge... I dont want this. I dont want LeBron to be our leader for this young core...

So here is my idea. 

Why dont we handle LeBron like a veteran and give him the same role as the warriors did with Andre Iguodala in 2014-15 ? He came via trade and established himself a role as a true veteran prescence of the bench! Of course you can not imagine LeBron coming off the bench with 33 years old, probably still avering 20+ points, but you can imagine him slowing down in minutes per game etc. Plus he can play the 4, which makes Brandon Ingram settle on the 3 position...

You can chose between a lot of options, but at the end of the day it all comes down to how Lonzo-Ingram and Co. will work out and how the Cavaliers road is determined and how their destiny is going to be come next season.

Who knows..maybe its also just everything summer talk and LeBron will re-sign with the Cavs, ..at the end of the day we all know it by summer of 2018...

• UKUGA and bfc1125roy like this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#2 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,398 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted July 19, 2017 - 01:22 PM

If Bron chose to come to LA I would welcome him at PF, he can be 80% of what he was last season and thats still 90% better than the rest of the league... the only problems I could see would be:

-How much would he play for?

-I wouldn't want to trade any of our core youth (Ball, BI or Kuz) in order to make it work financially.

-I also wouldn't want to stunt the development of the kids but at this stage in Brons career he wouldn't stunt their growth, he would enhance it.

• LAkerFan85 likes this

#3 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 19, 2017 - 01:31 PM

He's not coming. If his Cavs can't beat the Warriors then no way in hell will this team will. George, or no George.

• Rekal likes this

#4 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,729 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 19, 2017 - 01:33 PM

He's not coming. If his Cavs can't beat the Warriors then no way in hell will this team will. George, or no George.

haha I'm making this my sig. lebron is coming and when he does don't jump on his kak
  • manaro90 likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#5 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 19, 2017 - 01:36 PM

haha I'm making this my sig. lebron is coming and when he does don't jump on his kak

What's your reasoning?

WE HAVE MAGIC JOHNTHON?

WE HAVE LONTHO BALL?

The dude wants to win a championship. That's not ever happening with the Lakers anytime soon. And even if he comes, he's not going to beat the Warriors. He's going to get fatigued and worked out simply playing superior western conference teams all season, and playing 3 rounds vs western conference opponents.

His best bet is to play for an eastern conference team so he can take the regular season off, the first 3 rounds off, and then hope the Warriors sustain injuries enough that his team has an advantage.

Moving on.

#6 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,149 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 19, 2017 - 02:39 PM

Lot of kak jumping and swallowing mamba - ball juice on this forum lol

#7 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,547 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 19, 2017 - 03:22 PM

I wouldn't mind him signing, but worried it could be a sign and trade. I wouldn't be too hyped if that were the case.
  • LACAS likes this

#8 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,609 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted July 19, 2017 - 03:39 PM

Do it Magic! 

#9 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 19, 2017 - 03:50 PM

I don't get why anyone WOULDN'T want him. We're not stacked with so much talent that we can't use LeBron. His IQ alone is worth everything to us and the coaching staff. His brand is worth ten fold what the Lakers pay him. It's a no brainer if he wants to come here.

BUT, we've seen this same [expletive]ing story every single time LeBron's been a free agent. Remember when Melo and LeBron were supposed to come play with Kobe? LeBron might leave Cleveland, yes. They're stuck in a cap mess moving forward and their current lineup isn't sniffing the Warriors. Still, there's zero reason for him to come play in the West.

• Rekal likes this

#10 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,417 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted July 19, 2017 - 03:54 PM

Bron comes to LA PG comes to LA guarantee!

#11 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 761 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted July 19, 2017 - 04:05 PM

Must be sad to like and hate a team at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#12 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,729 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 19, 2017 - 04:53 PM

Must be sad to like and hate a team at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you got that right, them people bring bad juju to the team.
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#13 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,987 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted July 19, 2017 - 05:12 PM

i would welcome it and i hope he can help us win rings however the Lakers have to be in the right direction for us to win imminently when he gets here or a year away. 

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,288 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 19, 2017 - 07:48 PM

Did this dude suggest a top 3 of all time player should come here to play the Igguy role w/i in a year of having one of the best individual finals performances ever?  LMFAO 

Edited by Jody Smokes, July 19, 2017 - 07:49 PM.

• KidRN likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#15 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted July 19, 2017 - 08:51 PM

Did this dude suggest a top 3 of all time player should come here to play the Igguy role w/i in a year of having one of the best individual finals performances ever?  LMFAO

Those are the types of posts that make me log off

#16 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,272 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 19, 2017 - 08:53 PM

to me, if he comes great, but without being a "STOPPER" in the growth of the youth please..

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#17 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 19, 2017 - 09:19 PM

to me, if he comes great, but without being a "STOPPER" in the growth of the youth please..

Lebron is one of the best playmakers and facilitators of this generation... not sure how he would be a "STOPPER in the growth of the youth".

Pretty funny cause I'm 100% certain that the primary thing Lebron would do for our youth is accelerate their progression and development.

Bottom line is, do we have a shot at Lebron next year?  There's no doubt, I'd probably give us a 25-30% chance at the moment which can increase or decrease depending upon a multitude of factors such as how our young core plays this year, how far the Cavaliers get, as well as whom we are able to attract in next year's offseason.

• manaro90 and Jody Smokes like this

#18 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,559 posts

Posted July 19, 2017 - 09:27 PM

Dan Gilbert is smart enough to make LeBron happy.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#19 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,715 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 19, 2017 - 10:09 PM

Okaay Guys, I think its time to open this thread..

So there are multiple rumours and reports about LBJ being unhappy again in Cleveland and that he becomes a Free Agent in 2018 and has LA as his destination, or in that case, lets say option.. He might consider leaving Cleveland for a second time..

So we all know his agent is KCPs agent too. Does this might have an effect on the FA 2018 ? Probably.. Will it have an effect? We dont know yet. All I want to ask you guys..

LeBron is currently 32 years old. He turns 33 in December. How time flys,right? So that makes him 33,5 years old in the summer of 2018.

If,....IF he signs with the Lakers.., what will his role be? 

Clearly LeBron would be an UPGRADE to any basketball team, especially to our youth,growth and rhytmn heading into the right and new direction. BUT on the other hand, LeBrons arrival could also be a disfunction in this progress of this "LAKERS YOUTH MOVEMENT". Because all the expectations and hype will be set again on LBJ. All the hero-ball etc. callings will settle on LeBron and he will be called to action and will be the person in charge... I dont want this. I dont want LeBron to be our leader for this young core...

So here is my idea. 

Why dont we handle LeBron like a veteran and give him the same role as the warriors did with Andre Iguodala in 2014-15 ? He came via trade and established himself a role as a true veteran prescence of the bench! Of course you can not imagine LeBron coming off the bench with 33 years old, probably still avering 20+ points, but you can imagine him slowing down in minutes per game etc. Plus he can play the 4, which makes Brandon Ingram settle on the 3 position...

You can chose between a lot of options, but at the end of the day it all comes down to how Lonzo-Ingram and Co. will work out and how the Cavaliers road is determined and how their destiny is going to be come next season.

Who knows..maybe its also just everything summer talk and LeBron will re-sign with the Cavs, ..at the end of the day we all know it by summer of 2018...

If Lebron is actually considering the Lakers as an exit-strategy that allow him to prolong his career and move his off-court businesses to LA (which might be the plan) we cant treat him like anything but the superstar he is. 

This is why shedding Deng and Clarkson before the offseason is so damn important, because that puts us in a position to have close 80M in cap space, which would allow us to add not just Lebron at the max, but also Westbrook, George or Boogie at the max and even be in a position to spend 10-20M on a third player (depending on the max guys we sign).

Third player could be KCP, Avery Bradley, Nerlens Noel, Derrick Favors, Brook Lopez etc.

I dont care that we are young right now. Add two of those max guys and one of those 3rd guys to Lonzo and Ingram and we'll have a [expletive]ing dynasty for the next decade.

#20 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 19, 2017 - 11:35 PM

I know this is not popular and I completely understand but if LeBron makes it known to CLE he wants to come to LA, I'd be willing to trade Ingram for him in a heartbeat...wouldn't even flinch.  They'd probably want something like infinite picks but if they said they wanted Lopez/Ingram/2019 1st round pick for LeBron, done and done.

tenor.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users