29 replies to this topic

#21 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 17, 2017 - 05:26 AM

Last year's team was 10-10 after the first 20. Then it was hit with some key injuries and the losses started piling up.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#22 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 08:39 AM

How in hell can you guys determine the record when we don't even know the schedule ? Lol.

This, lol.

#23 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,670 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 18, 2017 - 01:11 AM

I mean REAL bad.  I could see them going 4-16 in their 1st 20 games...that would not shock me.  Too many new pieces and too many changes.  3 new starters that weren't on the roster last year and 2 guys who didn't start the entire season last year.

This offense will take time.  

The turnovers will be high.  

Chemistry and timing will not be there yet.  

A LOT of people questioning Ball, his shot and our fast pace.  

People claiming Russell would have been a better fit than KCP.

People either throwing Ingram under the bus or claiming he's the TRUE face of the Franchise.

People calling for Lopez to be traded, like ASAP.

People wanting to start Kuzma after 3 games and play Randle at the 5 (not a bad idea, actually - LOL).

It will be wild but it will be Ok.  Just wanted to prepare you guys for the sky falling early on.  Don't expect the starters to look like the Summer League guys.  Don't expect our starters to play as fast as the Summer League guys.  Don't expect to see Showtime right away (or at all within the first 30 games).

Expect the Worst.

Hope for the Best.

I'm not so sure about that. They will play at a super fast pace with guys sprinting down the floor at every opportunity so i could see them winning a few games by simply outrunning the opponent. But once teams catch on i think we will regress a bit.

Last season we won 26, but might have been closer to 30 if we had actually tried.

I'd argue that we've made upgrades on all 5 starting positions.

Lonzo is an upgrade over DLo. Not saying Lonzo will be better than Dlo next season, but i'm sure his style will have a more positive impact on the teams success.

KCP is an upgrade over all guys we had at the 2 last season, including Lou, Swaggy and Clarkson.

Ingram will improve a lot from yr 1 to yr 2.

Ditto for Randle, who looks chiseled, Nance and new guy Kuzma.

Lopez >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mozgov (offensively)    Lopez < Mozgov, defensively.

#24 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,808 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 19, 2017 - 12:56 PM

The SL team built instant chemistry after the first game. I expect our team to do the same. I think we will surprise a lot of people.
  • dazz likes this

#25 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,385 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 19, 2017 - 04:29 PM

All i saw in SL was a bunch of skinny, (some even balding) white guys gunning from the boonies. 

Thats not what i even consider basketball

:glasses:

Edited by kball, July 19, 2017 - 04:29 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#26 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,808 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 19, 2017 - 05:43 PM

All i saw in SL was a bunch of skinny, (some even balding) white guys gunning from the boonies. 

but it was better than last year right

#27 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 761 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted July 19, 2017 - 05:52 PM

For some reason you and another million people (myself included) tuned in to a summer league game... played in a desert.. in July...

...times they are a changing, I can see those preseason exhibition games selling out. Magic and Rob built it and here they (both haters and homer loyalists and everything in between) come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#28 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 25, 2017 - 09:15 PM

My thinking is there are 2 issues more importan than who theyre even playing.

1. Small sample size (easier to predict whole season than a portion of it)

2. In early season contests teams havent been scouted much so theyre both harder to prepare for, and can surprise stronger teams before they are taken more seriously as the season wears on.

For these reasons i think Lakers just as likely to come out of the gates better than expected as they are worse than.

Also agreeing with GCMD is just wrong on principal for me in many cases.

(not to be disrespectful or anything) 

That's the stance a lot of people take without knowing it.  If they didn't know I wrote the post, they'd likely agree with it.  Sad because a lot of arguments are started because people WANT to disagree with me, not because I say a lot things that are wrong or overly controversial.

•     likes this

tenor.gif

#29 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,670 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 26, 2017 - 02:46 AM

Sad because a lot of arguments are started because people WANT to disagree with me, not because I say a lot things that are wrong or overly controversial.

If it's any consolation i usually disagree with you because you say things that are wrong.

• Busty Bluth, Jody Smokes, Rekal and 1 other like this

#30 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 08, 2017 - 11:55 AM

If it's any consolation i usually disagree with you because you say things that are wrong.

Until you agree with me...then, I'm right.

And disagreeing with you means I'm WRONG?  Wow...Quite full of yourself or you think you're always right...news flash, you're wrong again.

Jody, you argue with everyone.

Bluth, you're irrelevant.  You add nothing to any conversation and it's sad.  You're barely above lurker level and I say that with no disrespect meant.  You just comment to disagree and bash others takes.  No original ideas, whatsoever.

I may be harsh at times but I add substance to the conversation.  If I take a "radical stance", I'm usually proven right.  Just because you disagree doesn't mean I was wrong...

Edited by GCMD, August 08, 2017 - 12:01 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

tenor.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users