Photo

There are reasons to get excited about Julius Randle this year

• Please log in to reply
1261 replies to this topic

#1081 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 14, 2018 - 03:33 AM

VYqgpzR.jpg

• UKUGA, MaceWindu and Adam like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1082 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 14, 2018 - 05:51 AM

http://www.espn.com/...-angeles-lakers

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Julius Randle has heard more times than he cares to count how Magic Johnson and the Los Angeles Lakers will put on a full-court press this summer for two superstar free agents at his expense.

The Lakers' big man is fully aware that his future is tied solidly to the team's master plan to woo the likes of LeBron James and Paul George this summer and that he will more than likely have to go to help clear up to $70 million in cap space.

"Oh, man, it came to a certain point where I was just numb to it," Randle said.

But Randle is not sitting idly by and accepting whatever his fate may be. Instead, he's doing all he can to show the Lakers, and the rest of the league, what he can do.

With James in Staples Center for perhaps the last time as a Cleveland Cavalier on Sunday, Randle turned in a superstar performance, posting a career-high 36 points, 14 rebounds, seven assists and two blocks before a nationally televised audience. He made his final nine shots and scored 19 points in the last 18 minutes to turn a close game into a Lakers rout.

Randle is trying to alter the narrative about him having to go in order to land James and George by playing the best basketball of his career, and in the process, he's doing his best to make the Lakers think twice about what to do with him.

"I haven't talked to a lot of other coaches about him, but what he's doing right now, he has to be on everyone's radar," Lakers coach Luke Walton said. "He's playing unbelievable basketball. He's a matchup nightmare for teams; he's versatile. This is just me guessing, but I would imagine most teams are pretty impressed with what he's doing."

Even James had to take notice of Randle, who is averaging 18.4 points and 9.1 rebounds since entering the starting lineup on Dec. 29.

"Everybody's had a hard time with him as of late," James said.

• Busty Bluth likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#1083 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 14, 2018 - 06:27 AM

"He's that hybrid forward position that five or six years ago, there wasn't necessarily a place for him in the league," Miami coach Erik Spoelstra said before Randle set the tone by bullying the Heat for 21 of his 25 points in the first half of a 131-113 Lakers win on March 1. "And now everybody is trying to find a guy like that."

• Busty Bluth likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#1084 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,223 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2018 - 06:46 AM

Lowkey Randle might be a more impact player than Paul George right now

• UKUGA, Busty Bluth, Persian Gulf and 2 others like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1085 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,602 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 14, 2018 - 09:43 AM

No he isn't
  • bfc1125roy likes this

#1086 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted March 14, 2018 - 09:47 AM

VYqgpzR.jpg

Someone tell Westbrook to knock it off.

He aint even in the top 5 MVP race and look at those freaking numbers!

AGAIN!!

Those are thisclose to his averages for the SEASON.

AGAIN!!

Edited by kball, March 14, 2018 - 09:47 AM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1087 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,367 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 14, 2018 - 10:01 AM

one is a need the other is a luxury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1088 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,562 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2018 - 10:06 AM

You've got to be kidding me.

This is right up there with Jodie Meeks is as good as Klay Thompson and Jordan Farmar is better than Rajon Rondo. 

The guys playing well, but don't be that delusional fan who overstates the capabilities of our players so much. This is how other fanbases lose respect for us.

#1089 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,121 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted March 14, 2018 - 10:08 AM

Which is which?

• UKUGA likes this

#1090 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 14, 2018 - 10:15 AM

Randle has averaged 23.9 points (60% fg), 9.3 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 0.6 blocks, and 0.9 steals in 7 games this month.

Julius Randle has averaged 21/10/4 on 59.7% from the field in 33 MPG across the Lakers last 10 games. The Lakers are 8-2 in that stretch.

Edited by Majesty, March 14, 2018 - 10:15 AM.

• UKUGA and lakerfan98 like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1091 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 28,367 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 14, 2018 - 10:51 AM

Which is which?

You can figure it out. All that really matters is what the Lakers prioritize.

• LACAS likes this

#1092 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,250 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 11:25 AM

The 60 TS% + 25 USG% Club is exclusive company.

Steph
KD
Harden
LeBron
AD
Kyrie
Randle
Lillard

Being able to get to hit those marks without a reliable 3PT shot in today’s game is incredible. (Credit to LFR)
  • JGuez, Majesty and Adam like this

#1093 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,562 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2018 - 11:28 AM

These are all cherrypicked stats. We can always find some threshold of some stat over some arbitrary timeframe that makes a player look like an all time great.

Randle is playing very well, and we are winning. Let's not overstate this more than that.

• KidRN likes this

#1094 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,250 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 12:12 PM

Anyone with a brain knows Randle isn’t an all-time great or top 10 player, some cherry-picked stats aren’t going to change that. All they’re going to do is illustrate how well (Randle) has been playing in comparison to the best in the league. Keep it movin.

Edited by Massacre, March 14, 2018 - 12:13 PM.

• Busty Bluth and JGuez like this

#1095 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,602 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 12:43 PM

Anyone with a brain knows Randle isn’t an all-time great or top 10 player, some cherry-picked stats aren’t going to change that. All they’re going to do is illustrate how well (Randle) has been playing in comparison to the best in the league. Keep it movin.

How come every time someone counters this biased laker fan nonsense you tell them to "keep it movin?"

• bfc1125roy likes this

#1096 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,602 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 12:45 PM

These are all cherrypicked stats. We can always find some threshold of some stat over some arbitrary timeframe that makes a player look like an all time great.

This is pretty much the norm on this forum at this point

• bfc1125roy likes this

#1097 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,250 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 12:53 PM

Because there’s nothing to debate. It’s a stat. Use your common sense to know Randle isn’t on the same level of those players and this is more an indication of how well he has elevated his game lately as opposed to him suddenly becoming a top 10 player who belongs in the same sentence as AD, Curry and Bron.

Y’all wanna have a debate over everything lol I literally copied and pasted a tweet. Good lord. Like I said, keep it moving.

Edited by Massacre, March 14, 2018 - 01:00 PM.

• Busty Bluth, JGuez, Majesty and 3 others like this

#1098 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,602 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 04:04 PM

Because there’s nothing to debate. It’s a stat. Use your common sense to know Randle isn’t on the same level of those players and this is more an indication of how well he has elevated his game lately as opposed to him suddenly becoming a top 10 player who belongs in the same sentence as AD, Curry and Bron.
Y’all wanna have a debate over everything lol I literally copied and pasted a tweet. Good lord. Like I said, keep it moving.

This is a forum...people come here to post opinions. Opinions lead to debates. That is how it works. If you aren't prepared to defend your questionable or intentionally misleading posts, then don't post them! Every time I post about Ball I'm attacked by half the damn forum. I've never seen you come tell anybody to "keep it movin" during those debates.

You guys think because you posts a "positive" statement or stat that you are somehow above being critiqued. That's not how this works. If everyone simply agreed with the ludicrous homerism that goes on here, this forum would be a laughable mess.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is annoyed by the ridiculous homerism. It's beyond terrible on this forum compared to other teams forums that I visit.

A stat wasn't the only thing that was posted. Someone stated that Randle may have more of an impact than PG13, and people have also stated that they would rather keep Randle over signing guys like Lebron and PG13. Combine that with the stat posted, and it's obvious why someone felt the need to say something.

Edited by KidRN, March 14, 2018 - 04:05 PM.

#1099 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,250 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 04:30 PM

I posted a tweet containing a stat, not an opinion. No need to defend statistics...most of the time they speak for themselves. Randle is a beast in the paint and his TS% relative to usage has him ranked among the best in the league. Is he a top 10 player? No. I can’t control how you interpret tweets. I mean...any sensible fan knows Randle isn’t a top 10 player, but his efficiency around the basket in combination with his usage ranks among the elite. Did you honestly think I’m going to come on here and argue that Randle is a top player in this league because of one tweet? Since when is posting stats considered being a homer? Be sensible, man. Ain’t nobody (not me at least) coming on here saying Randle is a top player already. This is a Randle thread and I’m highlighting his improvement.

Lol take that energy elsewhere, man. Go debate the dudes saying Randle>PG13 in terms of impact, I’ll help you cause I don’t agree with that one, not yet at least.

Edited by Massacre, March 14, 2018 - 04:34 PM.

• Majesty likes this

#1100 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,846 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 14, 2018 - 04:32 PM

Jody, wtf man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users