#921 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,041 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 08, 2018 - 04:30 PM

We have more space now, we aren't signing more than 1 star next FA (or even none), so we're keeping Randle, like it or not.
  • Busty Bluth and Rekal like this

#922 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,730 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 09, 2018 - 08:41 AM

Dude straight up bodied any Thunder player that got in his way last night.  Probably the only guy on our team I would absolutely not want to f with if I was an opposing player haha  

• Busty Bluth and Rekal like this

#923 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,319 posts

Posted February 26, 2018 - 05:16 PM

Good start for Randle in the Hawks game.  Playing his size.  He's much better attacking the rim within the flow of the game.  I still think his best position is the 5 for us.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#924 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 27, 2018 - 06:10 AM

There is no reason to believe he wouldn't have put up similar numbers to what he's been doing now all season long. His per 36 numbers have been at 20/10+ all season. 

Over the last 15 games he's been getting heavier minutes and the results have been: at 19.1 points (58.8% fg), 9.4 rebounds, 3.9 assists in 30.6 minutes 

Those numbers over a season would land him at 31st in scoring, 13th in rebounding, and 50th in assists league wide. To put that in perspective... there are only three players in the league averaging that combination of points, rebounds, and assists: Giannis, Cousins, and Westbrook. And for a team which has been outscored by 122 points this season he has a net rating of +1.2 points/100 possessions. 

Randle is playing well. And he is playing winning basketball. 

via J.C. Smith

In the last 12 games Randle has played 30 or more minutes (33 average minutes in those 12 games): 21.3PPG/10.9RPG/4.6APG on 107 for 175 FG's 61%... and the team has a winning record

Yep....

Also 

Lakers are 15-7 in their last 22 games. 

Which is essentially since the front court of Randle and Lopez have started together in the same frontcourt. (15-8) 

It was best statistical lineup throughout the season that Luke gave the least minutes to till recently.   Once that change was made, the team has benefited.

Starting at the Charlotte game when the front court of Randle and Lopez were finally started together, the Lakers have gone 15-8 while playing Top 5 Defense in the league. 

The Lakers are also 6-1 when starting the game with the starting lineup of Lonzo Ball, KCP, Brandon Ingram, Julius Randle, Brook Lopez. 

Edited by Majesty, February 27, 2018 - 06:17 AM.

• UKUGA, Rekal, dazz and 1 other like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#925 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,901 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 27, 2018 - 07:32 AM

As good as Julius has been playing, he remains a back up plan for the Lakers, lets just call a spade a spade...

That said he's been playing great! I'm happy for him, he's earning that paycheck!

• GCMD and UKUGA like this

#926 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,144 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 27, 2018 - 09:37 AM

Randle played better as a result of his signing.

Luke didnt sit Randle... the coaching staff as a whole as well as front office personnel are part of these decisions.

Majesty so obsessed with players that he forgets that its sn organizational decision at times.

Like we would have been a playoff team of another coach was here...when we cant shoot 3s or free theows or hokd on to the ball and we have mo experienced closers besides the brand new iT.
Nance not Clarkson gor us a first rounder. Thats why he was played

#927 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts

Posted February 27, 2018 - 03:58 PM

Lakers are 6-1 with the lineup they should have started the season with.  The Lakers are 15-8 with the frontcourt of Randle and Lopez (which again people expected them to start the season with). 

Our record is likely a better one than it currently is if the season is started that way, and right now the mid-late season tear we've been going on started as soon as that decision was made. 

Make of it what you will. 

Edited by Majesty, February 27, 2018 - 03:58 PM.

• UKUGA likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#928 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,538 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted February 27, 2018 - 06:43 PM

Majesty!!!!!
What's the word good sir?
  • Majesty likes this

#929 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,319 posts

Posted February 27, 2018 - 07:23 PM

Lakers are 6-1 with the lineup they should have started the season with.  The Lakers are 15-8 with the frontcourt of Randle and Lopez (which again people expected them to start the season with). 

Our record is likely a better one than it currently is if the season is started that way, and right now the mid-late season tear we've been going on started as soon as that decision was made. 

Make of it what you will. 

Lopez is playing more on the wing and Randle is playing more in the post.  Doesn't matter what position they normally play, Lopez is playing the Stretch 4 and Randle is playing the 5 when they are on the court together.

Randle also plays a lot of minutes at the 5 WITHOUT Lopez.

Lopez helps Randle be productive by stretching the floor...I predicted that.  It's common sense.

Randle helps himself by playing to his strengths which is his strength around the basket and speed.

Randle's best position for us is the 5.  It's the position that matches his skillset no matter who he shares the floor with.

Edited by GCMD, February 27, 2018 - 07:24 PM.

tenor.gif

#930 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts

Posted February 28, 2018 - 06:21 AM

Majesty!!!!!
What's the word good sir?

not sleeping :D  

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#931 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,319 posts

Posted February 28, 2018 - 01:29 PM

Does anyone think Randle's recent play affects the 2 Max Slots Plan?

tenor.gif

#932 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,901 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted February 28, 2018 - 01:50 PM

No, Randle remains a back up plan, a safety net, a security blanket...

• GCMD likes this

#933 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted February 28, 2018 - 02:03 PM

he’s no Lebron or PG so, no.
I want to keep him.
I’m glad he’s finally shown his worth and made believers out of a lot of people but, we can’t pass on two max slots.

still a lot of factors playing out though imo
  • GCMD likes this

#934 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,149 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 28, 2018 - 02:32 PM

The only two max free agents im intrested in are Lebron and George. I think George is coming but if Lebron doesnt i have no problem re signing Randle. His play has surprised me
  • Adam likes this

#935 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,319 posts

Posted February 28, 2018 - 04:46 PM

he’s no Lebron or PG so, no.
I want to keep him.
I’m glad he’s finally shown his worth and made believers out of a lot of people but, we can’t pass on two max slots.

still a lot of factors playing out though imo

This is the way Randle should have been playing from the start.  I raged against people trying to change him into a stretch 4 because that didn't fit his skillset.  Glad he's found his nichè.  Hate to say it but he kinda reminds me of rich man's Faried...I hope I'm wrong.

The only two max free agents im intrested in are Lebron and George. I think George is coming but if Lebron doesnt i have no problem re signing Randle. His play has surprised me

You do realize that if we don't get LeBron, Randle is going to ask for around 18-20M/year, right?  That will eat up most of the other max slot.  We won't be able to keep him and add another max player in 2019.  You cool with that?

I'd sign him for 15M/year...that's the most I'm comfortable with but it's not my money so...

Edited by GCMD, February 28, 2018 - 04:47 PM.

tenor.gif

#936 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,730 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 01, 2018 - 10:23 AM

We'll see what he gets offered on the open market. Not like we can't trade him later if we re-sign him. Just happened with Tobias Harris and Blake Griffin. The only thing that can screw us is if a team offers him a deal and we let him go waiting on LBJ and PG and then neither of them sign.
  • Rekal and Adam like this

#937 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,538 posts

Posted March 01, 2018 - 10:36 AM

They can offer but he doesn't have to sight anything offer sheet(s), right?

#938 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,319 posts

Posted March 01, 2018 - 05:17 PM

We'll see what he gets offered on the open market. Not like we can't trade him later if we re-sign him. Just happened with Tobias Harris and Blake Griffin. The only thing that can screw us is if a team offers him a deal and we let him go waiting on LBJ and PG and then neither of them sign.

That won't happen.  That assumes those guys don't already know where they want to go and Randle can get 5yrs from us.  He'll wait to see if he can get a S&T before signing an offer sheet.

tenor.gif

#939 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 14,319 posts

Posted March 01, 2018 - 05:22 PM

Better screens.

Less outside shooting.

More passing.

Less ISO.

More post moves.

Better focus.

More time at C.

All of the things I wanted from Randle.  All of the things I said would make him better.  As long as he uses his strength and body, he'll be a productive NBA player...how good he will be will depend on the system and players surrounding him.

tenor.gif

#940 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,538 posts

Posted March 01, 2018 - 07:13 PM

Keep the guy
  • Persian Gulf likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users