525 replies to this topic

#481 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 08, 2017 - 08:59 PM

What woj article

An article titled "Randle Unlikely to Have Future with Lakers."  Just basic content that we knew from before. 

• MaceWindu likes this

#482 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,765 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 08, 2017 - 09:59 PM

What woj article

not his typical Woj Bomb but more like crop dusting. He basically reiterated what everyone else already knew which is Randle's future with the team.

#483 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 962 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 08, 2017 - 10:17 PM

Anyone catch Walton’s answer to why he played Bogut?

Seren Winter got it.

Paraphrasing - “we were getting big boyed out there - boguts a good passer and good at D .. we needed to turn around the tide”

... you mean like what randle did?
  • FranklinPeanuts, UKUGA, kball and 1 other like this

#484 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,659 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 09, 2017 - 02:17 AM

http://www.sportingn...l016pns9y2jdxff

Not sure if that one has been posted yet, but it seems Randle could be on the block.

Thoughts? What would we be looking for in a potential deal? What can we realistically get?

#485 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,852 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted November 09, 2017 - 02:56 AM

Yeah, let's get rid of all our good players .. 

• Busty Bluth likes this

#486 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,659 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 09, 2017 - 03:07 AM

Yeah, let's get rid of all our good players .. 

I'm not saying we should trade him, but when Woj is saying that he is unlikely to be a Laker long term, then i think there is something to it.

• GCMD likes this

#487 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 09, 2017 - 05:59 AM

The whole thing was an ESPN production, from this apparent Woj article, to Doris Burke teeing up Mark Jackson with, “Hey Mark, let’s talk about why in the world Andrew Bogut would be in the game right now!?!”

Don't feed the trolls. 

#488 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 06:00 AM

I’m going to game tonight. Should I hold up a “Free Randle” sign?

Don't feed the trolls. 

#489 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 09, 2017 - 06:16 AM

I’m going to game tonight. Should I hold up a “Free Randle” sign?

That.

and also others...

Lonzair Ball

Its Hell Being Luol

Brewer Stinking Like a Sewer

Bogut Never Again

• UKUGA and LakeShow1o1 like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#490 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 379 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 09, 2017 - 07:48 AM

Wojnarowski is pretty attuned with the league, so seeing this published on yahoo sports pretty much makes official what every Laker fan already knew:

https://sports.yahoo...-150001542.html

Adrian Wojnarowski: Julius Randle ‘very unlikely to continue with the Lakers’

The Lakers have made no secret of their plan to chase two max free agents next summer.

LeBron JamesPaul GeorgeDeMarcus Cousins?

Los Angeles wants to be in the mix.

A wrinkle: Julius Randle will be a restricted free agent with a $12,447,727 cap hold.

Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN:

One player whose future is very unlikely to continue with the Lakers is Julius Randle.

Randle is arguably the Lakers’ best player right now, and he’s just 22. He shouldn’t be hastily cast aside.

Still, when the prize could be LeBron and George, renouncing Randle would be a small price to pay. That’s the simplest route to clearing major cap space.

In an ideal world for the Lakers, it wouldn’t come to that. They could trade Randle before February’s deadline for value. Knowing he might no longer fit in Los Angeles will drive down the Lakers’ return, but there’s still value in acquiring his Bird and matching rights. The Lakers could get a future draft pick that wouldn’t count against the cap next summer and might even be useful for unloading Luol Deng and/or Jordan Clarkson or even trade Deng and/or Clarkson with Randle now.

But what if the Lakers strike out on major free agents? They’d regret selling low on Randle now.

So, the Lakers could keep him into the summer as a hedge. If LeBron, George, Cousins, etc. sign elsewhere, the Lakers could re-sign Randle. But there’s always a chance Randle is unwilling to wait around for those stars to decide and presses the issue with an offer sheet. Even in the best-case scenario with keeping Randle past the trade deadline, two stars picking Los Angeles, the Lakers would lose Randle for nothing.

Now, it’s just a matter of the Lakers determining how aggressively they want to pursue outside free agents. They could go all-in and trade Randle before the deadline or hedge by waiting until the offseason to determine how to handle him.

#491 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 379 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 09, 2017 - 07:50 AM

Trading Clarkson would be a mistake, we got him at a good price, and he performs really well for the minutes he's out there.

I don't believe there aren't teams out there willing to take Randle and Deng off us, we might just have to be willing to package in some sort of draft pick, which could be reasonable just so long as we can get someone good and not that old in return.

#492 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 08:01 AM

“Arguably the best player right now”

I just texted that to someone right before I read it.

Edited by UKUGA, November 09, 2017 - 08:01 AM.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#493 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,209 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 09, 2017 - 08:17 AM

Randle arguably playing the best doesn't mean he's the best fit going forward.  They are all in this 2018 free agency plan.  That doesn't include Randle. 

• GCMD likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#494 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 962 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 09, 2017 - 09:45 AM

Randle arguably playing the best doesn't mean he's the best fit going forward. They are all in this 2018 free agency plan. That doesn't include Randle.

best fit with a dream scenario where Lebron and Boogie decide to come here to play with Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma

I’m not putting my eggs in that basket

#495 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 106 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 09, 2017 - 10:03 AM

I like Randle so I hope they figure out a way to keep him. He’s talented and if he learns to play like he is, shore up some of his weaknesses, he can be a great player for us. He’s a big part of the reason our second unit has been so good and that unit is a big part of why the lakers have been close in so many games.

LeBron, cousins, PG3 are great no doubt, but I’d like to get them without giving up Randle.

I’ve seen improved defense, less tunnel vision (although it’s still there). Any comments about his shooting? Around the basket? Mid range? Beyond the arc? His translation game is strong and for a run and gun team like the lakers we need that

#496 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,269 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 09, 2017 - 10:47 AM

Randle arguably playing the best doesn't mean he's the best fit going forward. They are all in this 2018 free agency plan. That doesn't include Randle.

best fit with a dream scenario where Lebron and Boogie decide to come here to play with Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma

I’m not putting my eggs in that basket

We been hearing it for years, it’s a joke now. Till I see a introduction press conference I’m assuming they aren’t coming(Bron Boogie and George). A star should be the final piece, we aren’t close to that. We’ve all seen their is no plan B. It’s all in then craps out. If we aren’t considering keeping Randle it’s time to trade him while he’s healthy and playing well. We’ve already cut loose Lou and Dlo. Those 2 would’ve been helpful this year when we NEED to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#497 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 09, 2017 - 11:25 AM

Why is everyone on this forum except BBIQ thinking that our savior is Lebron.  ASSUMING he agrees to come at the start of the 2017/8 season:

-He will be 33 (almost 34) years old when the season start

-Will have played over 1350 games

-Averaging nearly 40 MPG

-Has been to the finals 7 of 8 consecutive years, maybe 8 in a row

-Clearly showing signs of slowing down defensively

-Is working his tail off to keep the Cavs afloat in the East

Assuming we sign him for the max amount and term, what is that, something like $30m x4?  Realistically, we would be paying for high level production/ leadership/ c-ship pedigree for maybe 2 years at best.  That assumes he can perform at a reasonably high level AND stay injury free for those 2 years.

By comparison, Kobe was effectively  "done" at age 35, after the 2013 season.  But somehow we expect a similar superstar to defy time?  I am also not buying the logic that if LBJ comes, other stars will follow.  An aging Kobe couldn't do it.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#498 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 09, 2017 - 12:02 PM

“Arguably the best player right now”

I just texted that to someone right before I read it.

I hope it was as a joke.

tenor.gif

#499 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 09, 2017 - 12:09 PM

Randle is finally showing up in his contract year and I have to admit, I like his fit at the 5 for us.  If we didn't have Deng, I don't think we'd trade Randle.

But we do...and we likely will.  

Even if we don't move Randle, it will take a few (more than 1) strike outs this summer to place him higher on our FA list.

People keep forgetting:

1) KCP's agent is still LeBron's agent

2) Randle's agent was/is PG13's agent

The Lakers aren't making any moves without some sort of assurances...

tenor.gif

#500 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 12:39 PM

I hope it was as a joke.

Oh, it can certainly be argued that he’s playing the best right now.

He’s highly productive in limited minutes.

I know, I know, we need more 29% shooters.

Don't feed the trolls. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users