Photo

There are reasons to get excited about Julius Randle this year...

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,134 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 15, 2017 - 09:02 AM

In 2011-2012 he played 5 games and in 2013-2014 he played 17 games otherwise he has played: 82, 82, 82, 74, 72, 73 and 75 games.

Hopefully Lopez will commit to playing some D and crashing the boards more, some times a change of environment does a player well...would love to see him get back to his younger years where he was averaging 8RPG.

Edited by LACAS, July 15, 2017 - 09:02 AM.

#22 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 15, 2017 - 09:08 AM

In 2011-2012 he played 5 games and in 2013-2014 he played 17 games otherwise he has played: 82, 82, 82, 74, 72, 73 and 75 games.

Hopefully Lopez will commit to playing some D and crashing the boards more, some times a change of environment does a player well...would love to see him get back to his younger years where he was averaging 8RPG.

I wonder do people realize Brook just turned 29 a few months ago. ???  

#23 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,134 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 15, 2017 - 09:14 AM

I was thinking the same thing there other day, Lopez is still young.

#24 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,078 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 15, 2017 - 11:31 AM

Lmao this is bipolarism at its best. You beat out out Kidpolean.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#25 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,078 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 15, 2017 - 11:32 AM

He's a scrub who can't play defense nor can he rebound + inflated stats due to playing on garbage teams for the most of his career. Can't wait until he's gone.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#26 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 15, 2017 - 12:04 PM

He's a scrub who can't play defense nor can he rebound + inflated stats due to playing on garbage teams for the most of his career. Can't wait until he's gone.

You're weren't very clear. Tell me how you really feel  LOL.  Well we have to deal with it for at least 6 months. Let's hope we can get a little more out of him in a contract year

#27 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,739 posts

Posted July 15, 2017 - 12:05 PM

I'm curious to hear what you guys think Randle's stats will be this year...?

I think 16/12/4apg is a good year for him.

tenor.gif

#28 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 926 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted July 15, 2017 - 12:10 PM

14/8/3 47% 2pt 30% 3pt

#29 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 15, 2017 - 01:12 PM

Lopez has already had many years of great scoring. Doubt he has a breakout year and defensively he's still going to have to see limited minutes.  I think he easily leads the team in scoring and scores between 20-23 a game though

Inclined to agree.

But the teams 2nd leading scorer is a total toss up.

Could be any of 4 guys

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#30 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 18, 2017 - 01:22 AM

None of them have to do with Draymond Green or his Jumper.  Let's make that clear.  I don't think he's going to drastically change his skillset but if you have paid attention to my stance on Randle for the past 3 years, you know that I don't believe he has to nor should he be expected to change a whole lot.

I want to preface this post with this: based on the cap space they are trying to achieve next offseason, there is a 60/40 chance Randle starts the season as a Laker (closer to 50/50) and a 25/75 chance he's a Laker after the trade deadline this year.

Here's some of the reasons I believe you can go ahead and "buy" Randle's stock this year:

1)  Lonzo Ball.  I started with this because it's the most important reason.  He will make Randle more efficient because Randle is a downhill player when he's at his best.  Having a PG who finds you in the right spots to continue fluid movement instead of stopping with the ball and having to start again against a set D will make Randle much harder to guard.

2)  Randle is a finisher, not creator.  As we've seen with Kuzma, if you run and make yourself available, you will get the ball in position to score.  I believe we will see this x5 with Randle.  He has a high motor when motivated...and scoring motivates him.  I'm not saying he can't create just that he won't be at his best if he's trying to force that aspect.  It should be organic, within the flow of the offense, not something he feels he must showcase.  He won't be Draymond but he'll be MUCH better than Faried.  Just keep the ball moving and it will come back to you.

3)  Speed and tempo mismatch.  Randle's faster and stronger than most PFs.  His ability to fill the lanes combined with Ball's ability to find him will force BIGs to have to change ends quickly, which isn't likely.  This should lead to a lot of easy run-outs for Randle.

4)  Rebound and Push.  Add in that Randle can also act as the rebound a push guy to players that will be looking to play fast, it's not hard to see him averaging 4apg off transition plays alone.  If you want to play fast, you must force turnovers and rebound the ball well on the defensive end.  I can see Randle INCREASING his rebounding because he knows that this will lead to passes and scores for him and others.  Passes to teammates who are now sprinting down the court.  Scores for him because the floor will be spread due to defenders having their backs turned trying to sprint down the court to cover Randle's teammates.  Randle doesn't have guard handles but downhill, I don't think there are many BIGS who will strip him once he's gotten a head of steam or he sees a lane open up.

5)  Brook Lopez.  Offensively, he will handle most of the skilled BIG duties for us.  Good outside shooting BIG but underrated passer.  Randle isn't much of a spacer but he could be deadly setting off ball screens.  Those lead to mismatches down low and I believe Brook will find Randle.  I've said before that Randle's best position in this offense is actually the 5 and with Lopez, that's now possible.  I also believe that the added spacing will allow Randle more room to operate in the mid-range off selective ISO Face-up action.  Not too much of this as it's a very inefficient play but it's one of those go-to plays that, given the right matchup and situation, Randle can execute as a primary option in the half court.  That play may not be there every night but when it is, it adds another dimension to our half court to augment scoring in transition when teams go small (defensively).

6)  He doesn't have to change.  People have been calling on Randle to add a 3pt shot (unnecessary) and to play like a Point Forward (why?) but that's not his game.  Can he make basic passes?  Sure.  Can he hit an occasional outside shot?  Maybe (I hope so).  When motivated (and in shape), he's a high energy guy that's built to rebound and utilize his speed and strength to stay in attack-mode.  That's Randle at his best.  Don't try to change him.  Don't try to force him to be someone he isn't.  This team has space for his natural tendencies as long as he's willing to sacrifice on-ball creating to act as a finisher.  Downhill players (like Randle) need to be put in a position to keep pressure on the D.  Changing his focus is a mistake because shifting gears isn't his strength.

Keep it simple, stupid.  Don't try to re-invente the wheel.  There are a lot of reasons to get excited about Randle this year but it's not about what you WANT to see him change/add (skillset).  It's about who he is and how that fits with who we are becoming.

I've been a HUGE critic of Randle (understatement) and honestly, he's deserved every bit of it.  Every year, he tried to "add" something to his game.  He tried to show things that weren't compatible with his strengths.  He didn't fit our previous roster.  He didn't fit our previous offenses.  Now?  If he buys in, he can be a monster.  He has a legit chance to prove that he was worth the #7 pick.  He has a PG and Coach who play/think the game the right way.  He has teammates that make sense alongside him.  

The only things I pray Randle changes is his awareness and effort leveldefensively and off ball (offensively).  Do the little things that don't show up in the stats like using his speed to be aggressive on P&R Blitzes (defense) and putting in effort to set BONE-JARRING screens to free up shooters off the ball.  Be VOCAL on DEFENSE and set the tone with his speed in the open court.  

I'm high on his potential with this group as long as he doesn't try to change his skillset mid-stream.  I think he's got enough to offer that he should solidify the basics before trying to add to his game.  Find a winning role and perfect that.  That's absolutely possible and the reason we should all be excited about Randle.

1. Randle will be great this year playing next to Lonzo.

2. Disagree. Randle will also be a creator next season. Few guys his size can create as his level so there is no reason not to exploit that.

3-4. Agree on both.

5. Lopez will open up everything for everyone. He's going to shoot 7-8 3s per game and hit close to 40%.  

6. Disagree. Randle he does need to improve in certain areas and not just be a finisher. He needs to shoot and hit 3s at 33% or better, he needs to play like a point forward - or Center - he needs to set deadly screens and he needds to become a plus-defender.

#31 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,145 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 18, 2017 - 04:59 AM

lol julius must be [expletive]ting himself right now watching kuzma hahahaha

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#32 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 835 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 18, 2017 - 08:56 AM

Expect more "casual" videos of that improved jumper :rolleyes:

#33 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,739 posts

Posted July 18, 2017 - 11:20 PM

1. Randle will be great this year playing next to Lonzo.

2. Disagree. Randle will also be a creator next season. Few guys his size can create as his level so there is no reason not to exploit that.

This is the problem.  It's what you WANT to see, not what he's best at.  If he finds a way to do it WITHIN the FLOW of the offense, cool.  Don't put it on his plate BEFORE he can prove he can eat it.  He's got a LOT of other things he can do which will help him help us that don't involve creating.

Again, this is what you WANT to see, not who he is.  He's good as is.

3-4. Agree on both.

5. Lopez will open up everything for everyone. He's going to shoot 7-8 3s per game and hit close to 40%.  

6. Disagree. Randle he does need to improve in certain areas and not just be a finisher.

No, he doesn't.  He's NOT a #1 or #2 option on this roster within this system.  His ROLE will be to score, rebound and defend.  Keep it SIMPLE.  You want him to be things that he's not.  How about letting him finding a role once he's good at what he can already DO?

Stop inventing strengths for him.

He needs to shoot and hit 3s at 33% or better

In what universe does EVERYONE need to shoot 33% or better?  He only needs to do that IF he wasn't the strongest player on the floor and could outrun most BIGs AND couldn't bully his way at the rim.  Let him perfect what he's actually good at before creating things he's not.

Randle should ONLY be involved in P&R when the floor is already spread and he's got a clear lane to roll.  He's strong enough and agile enough that the help HAS to rotate early giving him an easy secondary pass to the cutter or 3 point shooter (where the help defender left).

Coaching, and I mean REAL coaching, doesn't work like what you're proposing.  You are a BAD COACH if you put a player out on the court and tell him to BECOME someone he's not.  Give him a role that fits his strengths and that he's CONFIDENT as well as comfortable with and he will EXCEED that role in time.

CREATING a role that doesn't fit the player is how you DON'T develop a player...this is the OPPOSITE of what's in Randle's best interest.

he needs to play like a point forward - or Center

Why?  Because you WANT him to?  That's not smart.  He was a SCORER in high school, a SCORER in college...now?  When he's playing guys that are MUCH better?  He needs to BECOME a point forward?

That's silly.  If he were my family member or if I were coaching him and I heard you say that, I'd tell you to stay in yo' lane.  You are saying things that are detrimental to the development of this guy and you're parading them around as FACT.

We know that he can and likes to score the ball.  

We have NO DATA on him being a great passer as a strength.

I say he needs to concentrate on his scoring role.

You say he needs to be a point forward...why?

Stop making this wish list and attributing it to what he COULD do.  Stick with what we KNOW he can handle and let him build slowly off that.

he needs to set deadly screens and he needds to become a plus-defender.

This is well within his skillset and strengths.  He CAN do these things without changing who he is.  I expect this will be something all of the forwards will be told to concentrate on.

My problem with your wishlist isn't it's not THEORETICALLY possible...everything you said is THEORETICALLY possible for ALL of our BIGs...my problem is it's not based on his STRENGTHS.

Just because you see someone do something every now and then doesn't mean they can then go on and become that full time nor would that improve who they are as a player.

People are saying stuff like "everyone needs to be a good shooter" or "everyone needs to learn how to be a good ball handler"...that's how we teach kids at the AAU level!!!  LOL...once you reach high school or college?  You're taught to work on becoming average at your weaknesses but make your strengths your main focus because that's who you are.  Becoming a well rounded player by becoming a competent ball handler or passer is not the same as becoming a point forward.  Trying to become something you are not will do the OPPOSITE of helping you become well rounded...it will actually distract you from working on the things that make you special as a basketball player in the first place.  

If you're a serious basketball player, over time, your body and tendencies begin to display themselves in your game:

If you're destined to become a scoring guard, you work on your handles and shooting.

If you're destined to become a passing guard, you work on your handles and dexterity.

You don't have to push kids towards the type of player they want to be.  They work on those things automatically. 

Randle IS a scorer.  He's not a shooter nor is he a great passer.  He has room and time to become better at those things but to claim he NEEDS to make those things his focus is just wrong.  

Let him become the best version of himself and if he can add things on top of that, that's fine.  He will always have that foundation to fall back on when/if the additional skills don't work out.

You build a car from the inside out, not the other way around.  Let Randle concentrate on what he does best before he has to add anything to his game.

Edited by GCMD, July 18, 2017 - 11:27 PM.

tenor.gif

#34 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 651 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 19, 2017 - 01:51 AM

#35 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,274 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 19, 2017 - 02:30 AM

You mean like he was supposed to be 'worried' about Nance after last year's Summer League too? 

• Busty Bluth and Rekal like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#36 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 19, 2017 - 02:41 AM

This is the problem.  It's what you WANT to see, not what he's best at.  If he finds a way to do it WITHIN the FLOW of the offense, cool.  Don't put it on his plate BEFORE he can prove he can eat it.  He's got a LOT of other things he can do which will help him help us that don't involve creating.

Again, this is what you WANT to see, not who he is.  He's good as is.

No, he doesn't.  He's NOT a #1 or #2 option on this roster within this system.  His ROLE will be to score, rebound and defend.  Keep it SIMPLE.  You want him to be things that he's not.  How about letting him finding a role once he's good at what he can already DO?

Stop inventing strengths for him.

In what universe does EVERYONE need to shoot 33% or better?  He only needs to do that IF he wasn't the strongest player on the floor and could outrun most BIGs AND couldn't bully his way at the rim.  Let him perfect what he's actually good at before creating things he's not.

Randle should ONLY be involved in P&R when the floor is already spread and he's got a clear lane to roll.  He's strong enough and agile enough that the help HAS to rotate early giving him an easy secondary pass to the cutter or 3 point shooter (where the help defender left).

Coaching, and I mean REAL coaching, doesn't work like what you're proposing.  You are a BAD COACH if you put a player out on the court and tell him to BECOME someone he's not.  Give him a role that fits his strengths and that he's CONFIDENT as well as comfortable with and he will EXCEED that role in time.

CREATING a role that doesn't fit the player is how you DON'T develop a player...this is the OPPOSITE of what's in Randle's best interest.

Why?  Because you WANT him to?  That's not smart.  He was a SCORER in high school, a SCORER in college...now?  When he's playing guys that are MUCH better?  He needs to BECOME a point forward?

That's silly.  If he were my family member or if I were coaching him and I heard you say that, I'd tell you to stay in yo' lane.  You are saying things that are detrimental to the development of this guy and you're parading them around as FACT.

We know that he can and likes to score the ball.  

We have NO DATA on him being a great passer as a strength.

I say he needs to concentrate on his scoring role.

You say he needs to be a point forward...why?

Stop making this wish list and attributing it to what he COULD do.  Stick with what we KNOW he can handle and let him build slowly off that.

This is well within his skillset and strengths.  He CAN do these things without changing who he is.  I expect this will be something all of the forwards will be told to concentrate on.

My problem with your wishlist isn't it's not THEORETICALLY possible...everything you said is THEORETICALLY possible for ALL of our BIGs...my problem is it's not based on his STRENGTHS.

Just because you see someone do something every now and then doesn't mean they can then go on and become that full time nor would that improve who they are as a player.

People are saying stuff like "everyone needs to be a good shooter" or "everyone needs to learn how to be a good ball handler"...that's how we teach kids at the AAU level!!!  LOL...once you reach high school or college?  You're taught to work on becoming average at your weaknesses but make your strengths your main focus because that's who you are.  Becoming a well rounded player by becoming a competent ball handler or passer is not the same as becoming a point forward.  Trying to become something you are not will do the OPPOSITE of helping you become well rounded...it will actually distract you from working on the things that make you special as a basketball player in the first place.  

If you're a serious basketball player, over time, your body and tendencies begin to display themselves in your game:

If you're destined to become a scoring guard, you work on your handles and shooting.

If you're destined to become a passing guard, you work on your handles and dexterity.

You don't have to push kids towards the type of player they want to be.  They work on those things automatically. 

Randle IS a scorer.  He's not a shooter nor is he a great passer.  He has room and time to become better at those things but to claim he NEEDS to make those things his focus is just wrong.  

Let him become the best version of himself and if he can add things on top of that, that's fine.  He will always have that foundation to fall back on when/if the additional skills don't work out.

You build a car from the inside out, not the other way around.  Let Randle concentrate on what he does best before he has to add anything to his game.

These phone books of yours....

Randle IS a scorer and rebounder and i think it's safe to pencil him in as a having a career highs in both categories. But finding a scorer/rebounder is easy enough. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

What makes Randle interesting is his ability to handle, push, attack and distribute from the PF/C position at a very high rate. I know you could care less about "stats" or "accomplishments" but Randle was a top 5 passer at the PF spot last season which is impressive for a 22 y/o. He was also on a very short list of guys that racked up 3 or more triple-doubles. No reason not to try and build on that.

Regarding his shooting, i think it is obvious in this day and age that in order to be effective you need to be able to knock down the 3. For Randle it would open up the floor completely if he was a threat from 3 and to be a threat, you need to hit at least 33%.  

• Busty Bluth likes this

#37 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,274 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 19, 2017 - 12:35 PM

Here's a better phonebook about Randle 

Player progression is in relation to their development. Randle is more in the Bynum mold of players who have huge upside but who came into the league with serious holes in their game. There's other guys who are just NBA ready from day 1. Randle's progression though from year 1 to 2 was huge. His three point shooting was similar though it was better to close the season and his rebounding dropped somewhat but was still good. His points increased by more than 2 points a game though, his field goal percentage by nearly 6%, his finishing improved, his mid-range shooting improved by leaps and bounds, his defense improved, his passing showed huge improvements doubling up on his assists, he also showed improvement as a screen setter, and late in the season his shot blocking showed significant improvements. It looks like he is at least putting in the same level of work this Summer, though his focus seems to be more on conditioning and shooting than it was last season, so I'd expect a similar level of progression. I'd expect nothing less than a 15/10/3 season from him this year. And I'd give him a good chance of being an 18/11/4 guy at 23. 

So let's take a look at some of the All-Stars and see where they were at 22 and then 23. I just went through the last five all-star games to get these. Hopefully you can put that silly argument to rest, but I'm sure you'll find another one. 

- Paul George at 22 (in season 3) had big leaps numbers wise (+5.3 points, +2 rebounds, +1.7 assists) largely due to seeing his minutes go from 29.7 to 37.6. But he broke out and became a star at 23 (in year 4) when he jumped to 21.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.9 steals. This last season (at 26) was the first time he had ever shot above 42.4% since he took on a larger role in year 3 through. 

- Russell Westbrook also made a huge leap in his third season (at age 22) when he increased his scoring by 5.8 per game and his field goal percentage rose from a 41.8% chucker who was hitting 22% of his threes to a respectable 44.2% shooter who was hitting 33% of his threes. He'd say at a similar level until he was 26 when he averaged 28.1/8.6/7.3/2.1 and last season of course he averaged a triple double after Durant's departure at age 28. 

- Kevin Love's breakout came in his third season at age 22. He gained +6.2 points, +4.2 rebounds that season. He'd have another 5.8 point leap in points the following season at age 23, though that was sort of the pinnacle for him. 

- Alridge's big leap came in year 2 (age 22) when he went from a 9/5 player to a 17.8/7.6 one. He'd then hover at that same level for the next three years until making another leap at age 25 going to a 21.8/8.8 player, and peaking at age 28 at 23.2/11.1. 

- Steve Nash was a 22 year old rookie who never averaged more than 8.6 points or 5.5 assists until the age of 26 when he averaged 15.6/7.3 in Dallas. At 27 seemed to peak at 17.9/7.7 and then shocked everyone when he became a superstar in Phoenix. The pinnacle for him came at age 31 when he averaged 18.8/10.5 on 51/44/92. 

- Ben Wallace was a 22 year old rookie, and didn't look like an NBA player in Washington. His break out came at age 26 when he became a 6.4/13.2/2.3 player, a leap of +1.6 points, +5 rebounds, and +0.7 blocks. He'd peak two years later (at age 28) as a 6.9 point, 15.4 rebound, and 3.2 block and would be a 4 time all-star and 4 time DPOY. 

- Igoudala broke out in his third season at age 23 seeing his points increase by +5.9 and his assists by +2.6. He'd be a 19.9 point and more efficient player the following season at age 24. 

- D-Wade broke out at age 23 (his second season) when he saw a jump of +7.9 points, +2.3 assists, +1.2 rebounds, +0.2 steals, +0.5 blocks, and +1.3% shooting. He'd peak at age 27 at 30/7.5/5/2/.2/1.3 on 49.1% shooting. 

- Rondo was not good as a rookie, saw a +4.2 point, +1.3, +0.5 and +7.6% leap in year 2 at age 21 to be a 10.6/5.1/4.2 player. By year 3 (age 22) he was an 11.9/8.2/5.2 player on 50.5% shooting. By year 4 (age 24) he was 13.7/9.8/4.4/2.3. He peaked at 13.7/11.1/5.6 at age 26. 

- Roy Hibbert was a 22 year old rookie who averaged 7.1/3.5/1.1. By year 3 (age 24) he was up to 12.7/7.5/1.8, and at 25 he was up to 12.8/8.8/2. His points and rebounds stopped from there though he would average 2.6 blocks and 2.2 blocks in the next two seasons before hitting his unexpected decline. 

- Deng's breakout came in his third season at what they say is 21 but some might dispute. He saw a leap of +3.9 points, +0.5 rebounds, +0-.6 assists, +0.3 steals, and +4.3% shooting that season and became the deal breaker in a Kobe Bryant trade. That was unfortunately his peak. 

- James Harden's first breakout came in his third season going from an inefficient 12.2/3.1/2.6 player to a more efficient (+5.5% fg) 16.8/4.1/3.7 player. He's of course have his superstar break out in year 4 (age 23) after being handed the keys in Houston when he saw a +9.1 point, +2.1 assist, +0.8 rebound leap. He peaked last year at age 27 at 29/11/8/1.5. 

- David Lee was a 22 year old rookie who averaged 5.1/4.5. He broke out in year 4 at age 25 leaping to a 16/11.7/2.1/1 player, and by the following season (age 26) he averaged 20.2 points, 11.7 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1 steal and was an All-Star. 

- Zach Randolph's break out came in his third season at age 22 going from an 8.4/4.5 player to a 20.1/10.5 one. He's peak at age 25 as a 23.6/10.1/2.2 player. 

- Tyson Chandler started to show some encouraging signs in his fourth year at age 22 when he began averaging 8 points, 9.7 rebounds, 1.8 blocks. It was his sixth season (age age 24) when he started to get serious recognition jumping to a 9.5/12.4/1.8 player on 62.4% shooting. He'd later become an All-Star and DPOY though never putting up exciting stats. 

- Joakim Noah's break out came in year 3 at age 24 when he went from a 6.7/7.6/1.3/1.4 player to a 10.7/11/2.1/1.6 one. 

- Jrue Holiday's leap came in his fourth season (age 22) when he went from a 13.5/4.5/3.3 player to a 17.7/8/4.2 one. 

- Paul Millsap showed a big jump in year 3 at age 23 going from an 8.1/5.6/3.6/1 50.4% shooter to a 13.5/8.6/1.8/1 53.4% one. By year 6 (age 26) he was a 16.6/8.8/2.5/1.8 player. 

- Joe Johnson's first breakout came in year 3 at age 22 going from a 9.8/3.2/2.5 on 39.7% shooting player to a 16.7/4.7/4.4 on 43% one. By year 6 (age 25) he was scoring 25 a night on 47% shooting. 

- Klay Thompson showed steady improvement from a 21 year old rookie until now. At age 22 he was a 16.6/3.7/3.3 player on 42.2/40.1% shooting. Two years later at the age of 24 he was a 21.7/3.2/2.9 player on 46.3/43.9% shooting. 

- Kyle Lowry had never averaged more than 9.1 points or 4.5 assists and never shot better than 43.2% in his first 4 seasons. He too his first leap at age 24 in year 5 becoming a 13.5/6.7 player. He peaked last year at age 30 as a 22.4/7/4.8 player on 46.4% shooting and 41.2% three point shooting. 

- Jeff Teague looked like a total flop in his first two years, never averaging more than 5.2 points, 2 assists, or 43.8% shooting. He had a big leap at age 23 in his third season going to 12.6/4.9 on 47.6% shooting. By 2015 he was an All-Star averaging 15.9/7. 

- Jimmy Butler's first leap came in year 3 as a 24 year old when he went from an 8.6/4 player to a 13.1/4.9 one albeit on an inefficient 39.7% shooting. By the following year (age 25) he was a 20/5.8/3.3 player on 46.2% shooting. Last season (age 27) he was a 23.9/6.2/5.5 on 45.5% player. 

- Kawhii Leonard never averaged more than 12.8 points, 6.2 rebounds, or 2 assists until his fourth season at the age of 23. He then took a leap to become a 16.5/7.2/2.5/2.3 player. Last year (age 25) he was averaging 25.5/5.8/3.5. 

- Draymond Green never averaged more than 6.2 points, 5 rebounds, 1.2 steals, 0.9 blocks, and never shot more than 40.7% until he was in his third season (at age 24) when he took a big leap to 11.7/8.2/3.7/1.6/1.3 on 44.3% shooting. The following year he averaged 14/9.5/7.4/1.5/1.4 on 49% shooting and saw his three point shooting leap to 38.8% from what was previously a 33.7% best. 

- Isiah Thomas broke out in his third season at age 24 with a +6.4 point, +1.5% fg, +2.3 assist leap. He peaked last season at age 27 at 28.9 points (46.3% fg) and 5.9 assists being Boston's go to guy. 

via J.C. Smith

Edited by Majesty, July 19, 2017 - 12:36 PM.

• DanishLakerFan and Adam like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 43,776 posts

Posted July 19, 2017 - 02:55 PM

Julius in action at the Drew League from a few days ago:

yo.

#39 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,834 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 19, 2017 - 03:15 PM

Julius in action at the Drew League from a few days ago:

🤔