Photo

Do the Lakers make the playoffs this year?

• Please log in to reply
709 replies to this topic

#661 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,275 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted March 13, 2018 - 07:07 PM

As I said before

WIN AS MUCH GAMES AS YOU CAN. 

Thats all we can do and hope for other teams to lose. 

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#662 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,037 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 07:21 PM

Looking back, I will give you some credit for a well thought-out post.  Please accept my belated "like". 

I think the organization's mixed-priorities in October may have prevented us from playing better ball the first 2 1/2 months of the season.  

While certainly, it was to be expected that Ball, Hart, and Kuzma's contributions would come along slowly and pick-up as the season progressed, I still think there were missed opportunities to win more games early, and we will pay the price for that by falling short of the play-offs again.

However, there is no good reason (absent significant injuries) why this team shouldn't carry momentum into next season and either be a 45+ win team (as currently constructed), a 50+ win team (with the addition of George), or a 55+ win team with the addition of George and James (with some other roster maneuvering).

We started 11-27.

Been 19-9 since then. That is 68% - 55 win pace.

• Adam likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#663 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 318 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:07 PM

well you're predictions are spot on so far.

that pelicans game was close. was hoping they'd lose. would've been real nice

JIzA6se.png

Even in the most optimistic case we are like 2 games short. We shouldn't have allowed Lillard to go off. [expletive] happens.

With 43 wins I would be hella happy though with or without playoffs. In Wild Wild West, it is still one hell of an accomplishment.

• Tensai likes this

#664 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,037 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:23 PM

RpSBcS2.png

I'm proud of this team.

• UKUGA, Persian Gulf, Olabebeh and 3 others like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#665 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,275 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:29 PM

Jazz are on a roll, theyre facing mavs, hawks, suns.. they gotta lose. 

#666 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,275 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:29 PM

RpSBcS2.png

I'm proud of this team.

look at the spurs.. lol 

• UKUGA likes this

#667 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,041 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 13, 2018 - 09:50 PM

We should all be proud of this young guys 👍 Next season with PG13, niiiiiiiice 😎

#668 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,966 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 14, 2018 - 05:56 AM

RpSBcS2.png

I'm proud of this team.

Which again, begs the question:  Why would you not join this team if you are Paul George? 

• LACAS likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#669 Persian Gulf

Persian Gulf

@WeCarpeDiem

• 4,275 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 07:21 AM

would george go well with this style of tempo? can he run with the young guns?

i dont think we need bron or another max player. rather give it to randle. hes gonna be a beast for years to come. 

#670 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,966 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted March 14, 2018 - 07:59 AM

PG would fit perfect!

• UKUGA and ChichoGarcy like this

#671 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,129 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 14, 2018 - 09:55 AM

I almost feel like the lakers should throw those 2 jazz games, and 1 spur game just to try and keep Denver out of them playoffs.

Beeyoch

• MaceWindu likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#672 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,966 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 14, 2018 - 10:07 AM

Tonight:  No Klay, Steph, or Draymond

http://www.espn.com/...fractured-thumb

OAKLAND, Calif. - Golden State Warriors shooting guard Klay Thompson is expected to miss up to two weeks with a fractured right thumb, league sources told ESPN.

This would force Thompson to be an absence for the next seven games. He will be re-evaluated on March 22.

The franchise also announced two-time MVP Stephen Curry would be sidelined further with a troublesome right ankle sprain and will be re-evaluated on March 20.

Draymond Green will also sit out Wednesday's game with right shoulder soreness.

• Ham, MaceWindu, lakerfan98 and 3 others like this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#673 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,129 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 14, 2018 - 12:05 PM

I'm in the other camp.

Cant like.

Wish those guys were playing.

Hate seeing stars miss games i am invested in watching.

Role players i'm ok with.

But i've always loved watching top guys do their thing.

Even against us.

Even at the expense of us losing

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#674 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,159 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 14, 2018 - 12:47 PM

Id rather play GS with all their players in the rotation. A win tonight means nothing now.

#675 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 318 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:14 PM

lol 

if we didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of making the playoffs, sure, but right now, we have a very slim chance of making it. and I think we can make some noise then. 

I almost feel like the lakers should throw those 2 jazz games, and 1 spur game just to try and keep Denver out of them playoffs.

Beeyoch

#676 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 318 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:15 PM

I literally came on here to post this! beat me to it :) 

normally it's like holy crap, it's the warriors. but tonight they're mortal and we need to stick it to em and get this W. Lets go Lakers!!

Tonight:  No Klay, Steph, or Draymond

http://www.espn.com/...fractured-thumb

OAKLAND, Calif. - Golden State Warriors shooting guard Klay Thompson is expected to miss up to two weeks with a fractured right thumb, league sources told ESPN.

This would force Thompson to be an absence for the next seven games. He will be re-evaluated on March 22.

The franchise also announced two-time MVP Stephen Curry would be sidelined further with a troublesome right ankle sprain and will be re-evaluated on March 20.

Draymond Green will also sit out Wednesday's game with right shoulder soreness.

#677 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 318 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:19 PM

​I get what y'all are saying with most of their star players out with injuries and whatnot, but they still have KD. Smashing on the warriors isn't going to be easy and consider this is the second of a back to back set for us, kuzma got injured yesterday so we're even more short handed than normal, and ingram and hart (our best scorer and one of our better perimeter defenders) are still out with injuries. We need all the help we can get right now. 

So I think we'll still get a competitive game. both teams are dealing with handicaps and honestly I think our is bigger. I mean, they still have freakin Kevin Durant suiting up for them!!

#678 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,897 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:24 PM

So is Kuzma out for the game or what ?

#679 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 318 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 01:35 PM

I haven't heard anything yet but he didn't look so great last night. was very noticeably limping on the court although he gave us a clutch performance. came back and scored 8 quick points that gave us a lot of momentum. very impressed with him last night. it hard playing when you're hurting like that. 

and if he does suit up, I doubt he'll play 35 minutes either. probably too much stress. we can't risk him getting injured bc if we lose him too than good by playoffs. we're thin enough as is. 

So is Kuzma out for the game or what ?

#680 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 318 posts

Posted March 14, 2018 - 02:27 PM

So I was making my own version of this to keep track of the remaining games and I noticed that for the Clippers, the last game on April 11, you said they'd beat the Lakers but you also said the Lakers would beat the Clippers. I'm going to go ahead and say we win and they lose which means that the Lakers and Clippers would have the same record at 43-39. 

Who has the tie breaker in that case? 

I think the win/loss predictions for the lakers are pretty good. If we're going to make the playoffs we need to win some games we're not expected to win and we need other teams to lose games they're expected to win. I haven't been this excited for the playoffs in so long because for the first time in what feels like forever, every game matters. Well in Kobe's last good season it was like that as well but I barely remember that season anyways (2012-2013 I think. Kobe blew his Achilles and the spurs ate Dwight howard for breakfast lunch and dinner in that first round beating). 

JIzA6se.png

Even in the most optimistic case we are like 2 games short. We shouldn't have allowed Lillard to go off. [expletive] happens.

With 43 wins I would be hella happy though with or without playoffs. In Wild Wild West, it is still one hell of an accomplishment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users