Photo

Do the Lakers make the playoffs this year?

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#241 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 22, 2017 - 11:13 AM

Yep.

Including a 4 game stretch of Cavs, warriors, rockets, warriors.

Easy... when does it get difficult or challenging?

Edited by LACAS, November 22, 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#242 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,406 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 22, 2017 - 11:22 AM

PG to LA makes too much sense. Nike is going to market the [expletive] out of him and his brand and his shoes. His image will be on billboards everywhere and he's going to make $30 million to play for his hometown team and hopefully a team that can make noise in the West after another addition and some young guys improving.

I remember your Melo to LA guarantee :D

#243 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,744 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 11:48 AM

OKC stinks. George will be a Laker in July.

Idk I mean, Miami struggled early (with much better players than okc I might add)

They were 10-10 and everyone was saying these guys can't coexist blah blah blah

I think for me personally I have to see where they are when the chemistry hits. They'll either be a team with empty wins who gets bounced in the playoffs (which they will 100% make) or they'll be a team who becomes a contender.

Basketball isn't football. And I believe a team with that much talent with chemistry can't stink. I believe they'll start grabbing wins once they figure it out. Westbrook is kinda lebron in this situation in that the 2010 heat everyone was saying that lebron was taking a step back early on but once he took control things started happening
  • Jackson and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#244 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,744 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 11:50 AM

Nov 29th through Dec 31st gonna be brutal. Play GS 3 times, Houston 3 times, at Cleveland and Denver, home vs Minny and Portland. Of those 15 games we're only gonna be favored in like 3 of them.

That will make or break this season. If the lakers hover around .500 in that stretch I would start to think playoffs are a possibility. If they go 4-11 or something like that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion we'll be watching at home again
Posted Image

#245 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,008 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 22, 2017 - 12:38 PM

Nov 29th through Dec 31st gonna be brutal. Play GS 3 times, Houston 3 times, at Cleveland and Denver, home vs Minny and Portland. Of those 15 games we're only gonna be favored in like 3 of them.

Let’s go 6 - 9
I’m actually excited to play GSW

#246 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,406 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 22, 2017 - 12:50 PM

Idk I mean, Miami struggled early (with much better players than okc I might add)

They were 10-10 and everyone was saying these guys can't coexist blah blah blah

I think for me personally I have to see where they are when the chemistry hits. They'll either be a team with empty wins who gets bounced in the playoffs (which they will 100% make) or they'll be a team who becomes a contender.

Basketball isn't football. And I believe a team with that much talent with chemistry can't stink. I believe they'll start grabbing wins once they figure it out. Westbrook is kinda lebron in this situation in that the 2010 heat everyone was saying that lebron was taking a step back early on but once he took control things started happening

Agreed

#247 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,513 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 01:37 PM

I remember your Melo to LA guarantee :D

Did I really? It made sense at the time...but much less sense than George to LA does. Thankfully he went back to New York.

#248 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,223 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 22, 2017 - 01:48 PM

Lakers are going to have to shake up the roster if they are going to make the playoffs.  The defense has been great but offensively they are so bad in so many stretches of games that the defense sometimes doenst even matter.  They simply just struggle to score.  The problem is that they can't make trades that effect the books for next year.  

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#249 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,513 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 01:48 PM

Miami and OKC are two different situations. Nobody on that roster is as talented as Miami LeBron, not to mention that a big part of Miami's success was Spo and the system he instilled which helped everyone coexist and maximized their impact.

Billy D is terrible. OKC plays ISO ball and they've shown no willingness to move towards an offense that can actually succeed. Until they do that, they're going to remain playing like this and the only way to do that is if they completely change what they're doing on offense or boot Donavon. Talent by itself can only get you so far.

#250 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted Yesterday, 04:17 AM

Well there went my 15-0 prediction... SMH... 14-1

#251 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,385 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted Yesterday, 05:12 AM

Playoff thread seems ridiculous and always did.

Wouldn't mind seeing a couple 3 game win streaks.

Maybe even a 5 this season.

• LACAS likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#252 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 AM

You get to the playoffs by playing good defense, but also some kind of offense. I don't think the Lakers are lacking talent, the thing is they're too young and that includes their coach (and coaching staff). Lakers offense is non-existent, chaotic and improvised. Luke said they worked mainly on improving defensively before season started, and it shows. We all know this team needs time, but it's very frustrating to watch sometimes because the talent is there (Ingram, Kuz, Randle, Lonzo). Of course they also need to get rid of López and KCP, upgrade with at least a true ring protector and an All-Star SG. Hope everything works out for us next year.

#253 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,008 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted Yesterday, 11:34 AM

You get to the playoffs by playing good defense, but also some kind of offense. I don't think the Lakers are lacking talent, the thing is they're too young and that includes their coach (and coaching staff). Lakers offense is non-existent, chaotic and improvised. Luke said they worked mainly on improving defensively before season started, and it shows. We all know this team needs time, but it's very frustrating to watch sometimes because the talent is there (Ingram, Kuz, Randle, Lonzo). Of course they also need to get rid of López and KCP, upgrade with at least a true ring protector and an All-Star SG. Hope everything works out for us next year.

Deandre and PG?

#254 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,835 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted Today, 01:36 PM

Playoff thread seems ridiculous and always did.

Wouldn't mind seeing a couple 3 game win streaks.

Maybe even a 5 this season.

It’s laughable that people think this team had any shot of making the playoffs short of the West being insanely weak. The goal is to develop the guys and win some games along the way, which is happening. This team isn’t even close to ready to make a run at making the playoffs.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

KidRN, noknife