Photo

Do the Lakers make the playoffs this year?

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#201 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 978 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 10, 2017 - 09:41 AM

He just looks like he's not interested at times. Doesn't try to hide it. Plenty of stupid plays.

I wish he would just play his heart out.
I get it. He can’t win - Bogut? not starting? Trade looming?
He’s got some [expletive] on his mind but, there’s no excuse for it.
I hope we trade him soon so he can both have some clarity
  • Jackson likes this

#202 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 107 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 12, 2017 - 11:43 AM

It was nice to see Lonzo get that triple double and in an efficient manner as well. Really sucked to see the lakers playing like ass these past few games. We’re 5-8. We need to go 5-2 over the next 7 to reach 0.500.

Next seven are
Suns - win
Sixers - win. They don’t suck but I think we can beat em
Nuggets - 50/50. The nuggets are playing really well. Top 4 in the West rn I think. However this is a very important game for us. Rn if we were tied for the 8th seed, we’d lose the tiebreaker. We need to be able to win the tiebreaker against all the teams who’ll be fighting for that 8th playoff spot. It’s a home game. Possibly after beating suns and Sixers. Might he ever to ride that momentum to a Win.
Bulls - win
Kings - win
Clippers - lose it’s surreal to think I just said we’d go on a 5 game winning streak. When was the last time that happened? Of the sizers, nuggets, clippers, and warriors we lose two and win two. Not sure which ones but I’m inclined to say we lose this one and the warriors
Warriors - Lose. Hope we put up a fight at least and don’t get spanked.

#203 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,373 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 13, 2017 - 10:13 AM

Way too optimistic^

#204 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 107 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 01:12 PM

A less optimistic estimate: Wins versus suns, bulls and kings. Losses versus Sixers nuggets clippers and warriors. Go 3-4. End 8-12.

Way too optimistic^

#205 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 107 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 01:15 PM

Rudy Gobert out 4-6 weeks. Hope he gets better soon but good opportunity for us to overtake them in the standings. Really hope we play them again soon. We need to win the season matchups against the teams fighting for a playoff spot.

Edited by Adam, November 13, 2017 - 01:15 PM.

#206 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 978 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 09:02 PM

gotta win the next two.

It’s wierd to look at the standings and see ya surrounded by clippers okc, and utah.. team who seems to be far bette than us

#207 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,251 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 14, 2017 - 03:14 AM

gotta win the next two.

It’s wierd to look at the standings and see ya surrounded by clippers okc, and utah.. team who seems to be far bette than us

yeah

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#208 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 14, 2017 - 04:54 AM

If we're not at .500 in next 2 games (wins v sixers, and another v suns), i'm thinking we wont be for rest of season

• UKUGA likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#209 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 14, 2017 - 06:52 AM

I'm pleased that we have won both games at Phoenix.  Yes, they are bad, but that place had become a house of horrors, for us.  Plus, they fired their coach after we beat them the first time, then played better for a few games.  Good to see us go back in and beat them again.

The Kings are bad, too, and we haven't played them yet.   There are wins out there, to be had, and the fact that we don't automatically give up over 100 points each game is a positive and should bode well for being competitive throughout the season, and not just quitting after New Year's. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#210 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 107 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 12:36 PM

We’re currentjy ranked fourth in defensive efficiency. Let that sink in. WoW

#211 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 2,060 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 15, 2017 - 12:39 PM

If we make it, everyone owes me 20 push ups with a 25 pound plate on their back. To prove it, you gotta record it.

No excuses. God damnit.

that's easy lol

#212 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 107 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:44 PM

We’re ranked about dead last in turnovers and 3pt fg%. Third to last in offensive % per 100 possessions. Started the season 5-5 and have since gone 1-5.

Lots of close games and we’re just lucky that the other teams have struggled out of the gates as well. Clippers have like 5 wins somehow. Jazz are struggling without Gobert. Pelicans just lost Davis to a concussion. OKC hasn’t clicked yet and who knows how long it’ll take them. They’re my second team in the West but if them sucking means the lakers can sneak into the playoffs? Lakers all day everyday.

We’re not in the basement yet but if we don’t turn it around soon we’ll be heading there real soon. Hoping the lakers play with some heart tonight against Denver. I’m going to be at the game with my family so they better not lose! I can’t stress how important this game is for our playoff hopes. I really hope the players realize this. Let’s go Lakers!!
  • Olabebeh likes this

#213 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,214 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted Yesterday, 05:04 PM

Lakers aren't going to make the playoffs unless they find some shooting.  That requires a trade right now.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#214 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted Yesterday, 07:08 PM

I'm watching the Lakers hold their own against the Nuggets now, and irrespective of outcome, minus a colossal meltdown, we really just are missing a couple of superstar players. All of these guys are great role players. We have the best collection of role players in the league. But the NBA isn't the NFL, you need superstars, in this league, at this time, to make the playoffs in the West. We did win the summer league after all.

We're all, including myself, are probably being too hard on our guys. I think it has to do with being sick of what we've gone through in past years. 

I still think these guys should stay committed during the season. After all, Lebron/Draymond/Westbrook aren't out clubbing in the middle of the season, even during multiple days off. But you know, just have the girls over in the room, smash, then kick them out lol. 

If OKC continues to be mediocore, we might be able to make something work out with Paul George this season. I know he'll be an unrestricted free agent, but why risk losing him to another team in free agency when can nab him now. He'll have about half a season or so to establish chemistry with these guys in a season no Laker fan is expecting a deep playoff run, and we're probably split on making playoffs.

If we drop forcing Luol Deng, and just make it Randle in a straight swap for George, and possibly include a not-that-high draft pick next year or the year after, and OKC continues to stink, we might be able to swing it. And if we can, we should do it.

#215 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 978 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:05 PM

We play two the of worst teams in the league next 2 games.

Gotta win

#216 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,373 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted Yesterday, 11:10 PM

B.Lopez 21 points tonight. Crazy how the Lakers simply just need him to provide on the offensive side to have a real shot of winning each game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users