Photo

Do the Lakers make the playoffs this year?

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#181 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,716 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 05, 2017 - 11:10 PM

next ten are ...

Celtics
Wizards
Bucks
Suns
Sixers
Nuggets
Bulls
Kings
Clippers
Warriors

prediction?

I think we can pencil in 2 losses as guaranteed. Taking on Washington on the road on the 2nd night of a back2back i think they're looking for revenge. Warriors will beat us as well.

The rest are winnable.

If i had to guess, i'd say:

Celtics - LOSS (but i could see the Lakers come out).
Wizards - LOSS

Bucks 50-50
Suns - WIN
Sixers 50-50
Nuggets 50-50
Bulls - WIN
Kings - WIN

Clippers - WIN ( I think Lakers looking to get even)
Warriors - LOSS

I'd say we go 5-5.

• manaro90 likes this

#182 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,545 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 06, 2017 - 06:59 AM

I'd say any sample size more than 5 games probably lands us around .500 or just below.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#183 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 117 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 06, 2017 - 01:36 PM

next ten are ...

Celtics Loss. Celtics are on a 8 game winning streak. Very small chance we stop it.

Wizards of Wall sits out we can win.

Bucks we have no answer for the Greak Freak. Maybe go one on one and let him have his but stop the rest of the team. They’re also 11th in the east. 4-5 rn. I say we win.

Suns we win. Suns could upset though.

Sixers statement game. Reps on the line. We need to win. I say we win.

Nuggets another statement game. They’re with us fighting for a playoff spot. We win it increases our odds. We need to win.

Bulls we win. They’re 14th in the east. Enough said.

Kings we win. Seems like we’re winning a lot of games and I’m developing bias against saying we win but I think we can honestly win these games.

Clippers we lose. They’re playing well. We’ll need to be clicking on all cylinders to win

Warriors 98% chance we lose lol. Always a chance for an upset but they’re the best for a reason.

Go 7-3 to end 12-8.
We’ve been hanging in late with most our games. I didn’t know we were ranked tenth in defensive efficiency so we’re doing something right and it’s not all just a fluke.

#184 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 117 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 06, 2017 - 01:39 PM

Didn’t know about the second night back to back versus wizards. I think it comes down to whether or not Wall suits up or not. But now I think lakers have a bigger fight on their hands

#185 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,150 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 06, 2017 - 01:40 PM

7-3 is my thinking as wel

#186 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 420 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 06, 2017 - 02:18 PM

Lakers @ Celtics on Wednesday and a long road trip ahead.

Just as long as they keep doing what their doing which is:

Dump it in the post

Attack the paint

Make an effort on defense

Set relevant screens

Not take contested jump shots (that lead to fast breaks and fouls on the other end) at all costs; run down the shot clock if you have to

Not think their the [expletive] all of a sudden because their record isn't as terrible as last season

We should be fine. Lonzo does not have any confidence at all right now. Maybe we can have James Worthy spend some 1on1 time with him, I think that would bring anyone's spirits back up. He can even film it for his Big Baller Youtube show.

I think we should give Brook Lopez an additional season at his current rate, and do it right now. We don't want to make a play for Cousins, not get him, then get held hostage by Brook's agent. Jordan Clarkson is already locked in, Kyle Kuzma is virtually a lock to get a contract. We're working on finding a team for Luol Deng, possibly packaged with Randle (to Cleveland maybe for Crowder plus several picks). If it were up to me I would probably just go ahead and offer Randle $30M for 2 seasons. And tell him he can get additional seasons and/or more money per season if he develops a post game and he continues being our muscle for us. That's a competitive rate, and it wouldn't make us infexible. If Brandon Ingram can give us 20/6/1.3 I don't see why he can't get $80M for 4 seasons.

If no one will give us any draft pick whatsoever to take Deng's contract off us, we should just amnesty him. We already got KCP/Bogut/Brewer/Brook as those veteran locker room guys to make sure the Lakers are taking care of their bodies and staying out of trouble during the season. And we have those 4 guys all at good prices.

Keep scoring in the paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dbtbandit67, November 06, 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#187 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,682 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 06, 2017 - 03:29 PM

I honestly don't care about Ws vs Ls this year.  Making the POs and getting blown out by GS  has little value.  Seeing a culture start to take shape with a young core develop is much more important. Unless LeBron and George sign on, winning anything in the West in say the next 3 years is just not gonna happen.  Positioning ourselves for the post-GS dominated West should be the goal.

With that in mind, we should be able to move some assets by the trade deadline for picks and promising younger players that fit in well.  Who?  We have some really decent chips now:

Lopez- I know y'all are in love with him, but he can fetch us a nice return from a contender, expiring contract

Randle- should be worth at least a low 1st rounder, young player etc

Brewer- love this guy but also maybe worth a low 1st rounder to the right contender

Clarkson- great instant offense for a contender

Bogut/ Deng- flotsam and jetsom if we can find a taker 

Heck, for the right deal, I'd make Pope available too.  He signed with us because his agent overvalued the market and he couldn't get the big $/ long term deal elsewhere.  I doubt he is back next year.

I look to Magic and Pelinka to make a couple of trades around the deadline and stockpile some picks, looking for the next Kuzma.

Edited by LakerGeezer, November 06, 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#188 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,150 posts

Posted November 06, 2017 - 04:46 PM

I honestly don't care about Ws vs Ls this year. Making the POs and getting blown out by GS has little value. Seeing a culture start to take shape with a young core develop is much more important. Unless LeBron and George sign on, winning anything in the West in say the next 3 years is just not gonna happen. Positioning ourselves for the post-GS dominated West should be the goal.

With that in mind, we should be able to move some assets by the trade deadline for picks and promising younger players that fit in well. Who? We have some really decent chips now:
Lopez- I know y'all are in love with him, but he can fetch us a nice return from a contender, expiring contract
Randle- should be worth at least a low 1st rounder, young player etc
Brewer- love this guy but also maybe worth a low 1st rounder to the right contender
Clarkson- great instant offense for a contender
Bogut/ Deng- flotsam and jetsom if we can find a taker

Heck, for the right deal, I'd make Pope available too. He signed with us because his agent overvalued the market and he couldn't get the big $/ long term deal elsewhere. I doubt he is back next year.

I look to Magic and Pelinka to make a couple of trades around the deadline and stockpile some picks, looking for the next Kuzma.

our trajectory mid season will dictate our move... if we’re looking strong enough to make the playoffs we may look to solidify ourselves if we’re way off I imagine we’ll be active in shipping Lopez and KCP to contenders
I have to think Lopez, KCP could net us a decent haul

#189 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,987 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted November 06, 2017 - 07:09 PM

If we make it, everyone owes me 20 push ups with a 25 pound plate on their back. To prove it, you gotta record it.

No excuses. God damnit.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#190 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 07, 2017 - 10:09 AM

Just imagine if we would've robbed the Knicks of Porzingis while Phil was still there. We would be set right now. Dude is the white version of Greek Freak. Lol

#191 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 07, 2017 - 01:19 PM

Still think we make the playoffs and still think we make a major move.

tenor.gif

#192 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 07, 2017 - 02:38 PM

Just like last year, we're reaching an important part of our schedule here that could make or break the season. If the Lakers are able to come out at/near or above .500 after this stretch, the rest of the league will take notice.

#193 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 564 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 08, 2017 - 05:58 AM

I believe Lakers going for 10-10 again. Let's hope it's not a disaster like last year after that.

My latest game review: https://steemit.com/...-the-rescue-6-8

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

#194 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 06:30 PM

Probably gonna lose against the Bucks with the way Kuzma has played recently and Randle mailing out. Suns, Sixers games went from favorable to 50-50. We could be in the midst of long losing streak...

#195 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,150 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 06:31 PM

Probably gonna lose against the Bucks with the way Kuzma has played recently and Randle mailing out. Suns, Sixers games went from favorable to 50-50. We could be in the midst of long losing streak...

Did randle mail it in?

I couldn’t watch it , connection at work sucks.
His stats seemed good.

#196 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,710 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 09, 2017 - 06:35 PM

If we win more than 30 games I'll be surprised. Worst shooting team in the league, good defense but that might change (hope not). This is an awful scoring team, plain and simple.

#197 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,710 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 09, 2017 - 06:36 PM

Randle on D looked... suspicius tonight

#198 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,440 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 06:39 PM

Did randle mail it in?

I couldn’t watch it , connection at work sucks.
His stats seemed good.

He just looks like he's not interested at times. Doesn't try to hide it. Plenty of stupid plays.

• ChichoGarcy likes this

#199 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted November 09, 2017 - 07:59 PM

I'm shocked Randle is still here.  The kid is mentally somewhere else at all times.

I'm counting the days when the Lakers can unload his pointless butt elsewhere.

#200 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,150 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 09:38 AM

I'm shocked Randle is still here. The kid is mentally somewhere else at all times.

I'm counting the days when the Lakers can unload his pointless butt elsewhere.

he’s been one of our better players.

I mean if you unload him for the Hail Mary cap space - cool but, he’s isn’t the most useless player on our squad.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)