#201 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,686 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 08, 2018 - 10:16 AM

Yup KCP as a role player without the hero ball....sign me up.

#202 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,185 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 01, 2019 - 01:41 PM

KCP is still not getting enough minutes if you ask me. After a rocky start to the season, he's quickly re-established himself as the best money shooter on the team. If you're going to start Lonzo, you have to offset him with a legit shooter like KCP. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#203 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,146 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 01, 2019 - 05:20 PM

KCP is still not getting enough minutes if you ask me. After a rocky start to the season, he's quickly re-established himself as the best money shooter on the team. If you're going to start Lonzo, you have to offset him with a legit shooter like KCP. 

He is playing fine.  You definitely do not have to do that.

• Persian Gulf likes this

#204 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,185 posts

Posted January 01, 2019 - 08:45 PM

He is playing fine.  You definitely do not have to do that.

KCP is not only the best shooter, but also the best free thrower. The lineups we are throwing out there with Lonzo aren't working as well as they could...as last game's -20 and fourth quarter benching go to show.

pkray.png

#205 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,701 posts

Posted January 01, 2019 - 10:38 PM

I’m confused, what’s says kcp is our best shooter?

Josh hart is shooting better in every category but free throws

I’m very confused as to how kcp is our best money shooter. Hart is taking more 3s and making them at a higher percentage than kcp
Posted Image

#206 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,451 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 02, 2019 - 01:51 AM

I think we need a scorer next to Lonzo.  Good shooter is great.  Good shooter while being an attack guard is better.  Both KCP and Hart are good shooters and decent to good defenders at the 2.  I'd call both slashers, not true scorers.  We are a better team with either on the court.

Hart is averaging a couple mpg more than KCP and Hart has started 10 more games than KCP.  I'd guess that Hart gets easier 3pa playing more minutes with the starters than KCP playing off the bench.  I could be wrong.

To determine who is the better shooter, I think we'd need to analyze their shot attempts and their % relative to their lineups.  Almost all good catch-and-shoot shooters play better with starters.

#207 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,193 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted January 02, 2019 - 02:02 AM

KCP's streaky shooting makes him look like a great shooter when the shot is falling. Question is how often is his shot falling. It's all good when it goes in, but I hate it when he tries to be a Step Curry and walks to the 3pt line on a fast break and shoots a brick in his famous heat checks. He does make boneheaded plays like that. He is a good freethrow shooter though, which makes him look damn good on the worst freethrowing team in the league.

• Persian Gulf likes this

#208 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,451 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 02, 2019 - 02:42 AM

KCP's streaky shooting makes him look like a great shooter when the shot is falling. Question is how often is his shot falling. It's all good when it goes in, but I hate it when he tries to be a Step Curry and walks to the 3pt line on a fast break and shoots a brick in his famous heat checks. He does make boneheaded plays like that. He is a good freethrow shooter though, which makes him look damn good on the worst freethrowing team in the league.

I think KCP gets a bad rep for that.  I don't see him doing that anymore than Kuzma and Kuzma is arguably a much worse outside shooter.  Lance, LeBron, Lonzo, Ingram...they all do that as much as KCP.  For some reason, it bugs people more when KCP does it.

#209 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 14,193 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted January 02, 2019 - 04:33 AM

I think KCP gets a bad rep for that. I don't see him doing that anymore than Kuzma and Kuzma is arguably a much worse outside shooter. Lance, LeBron, Lonzo, Ingram...they all do that as much as KCP. For some reason, it bugs people more when KCP does it.

Yes, I agree that KCP gets hated on more than he probably should be.

#210 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,146 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2019 - 07:53 AM

Yes, I agree that KCP gets hated on more than he probably should be.

He has been the best Laker in LeBron's absence and has played very well other than the very beginning of the season.  He is also on a very attractive contract.  All in all an A++++ signing.

• kray28 likes this

#211 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,185 posts

Posted January 03, 2019 - 08:49 PM

I’m confused, what’s says kcp is our best shooter?

Josh hart is shooting better in every category but free throws

I’m very confused as to how kcp is our best money shooter. Hart is taking more 3s and making them at a higher percentage than kcp

I love Josh, his skill set is diverse, but as a pure shooter he doesn't touch KCP. You're looking at a small sample and making conclusions based on that. 

pkray.png

#212 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,185 posts

Posted January 03, 2019 - 08:54 PM

I think we need a scorer next to Lonzo.  Good shooter is great.  Good shooter while being an attack guard is better.  Both KCP and Hart are good shooters and decent to good defenders at the 2.  I'd call both slashers, not true scorers.  We are a better team with either on the court.

Hart is averaging a couple mpg more than KCP and Hart has started 10 more games than KCP.  I'd guess that Hart gets easier 3pa playing more minutes with the starters than KCP playing off the bench.  I could be wrong.

To determine who is the better shooter, I think we'd need to analyze their shot attempts and their % relative to their lineups.  Almost all good catch-and-shoot shooters play better with starters.

Josh is a very good catch and shoot (with feet set) guy at this stage of this career...whereas KCP is able to get shots off quicker and off higher degrees of difficulty (and hit threes off the dribble). Josh tends to lose balance and I can tell it's going to be a miss even before he releases the shot. 

Edited by kray28, January 03, 2019 - 10:12 PM.

• lakerfan98 likes this

pkray.png

#213 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 12,087 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 04, 2019 - 12:55 PM

It's a very bad thing if KCP is your best scorer lol.

BTW this dude goes off in the 1st half and disappears when we need him most, in the 2nd half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users