#181 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,135 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 19, 2017 - 06:27 AM

KCP will be fine; the LA lights are bright, it takes some time to adjust especially for a 24-year old from Thomaston, Georgia not to mention sitting next to one of the top 5 players EVER... I love the signing.

Edited by LACAS, July 19, 2017 - 06:35 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#182 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,484 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 19, 2017 - 06:35 AM

His wife and Mother were there.  I can almost guarantee he is completely different when they aren't around.

Rob thanking and welcoming them first and foremost was a nice touch. Killings them softly with his words. hahahaha

btw, where is Clarkson? in the Phillipines?

#183 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,484 posts

Posted July 19, 2017 - 06:37 AM

KCP will be fine; the LA lights are bright, it takes some time to adjust especially for a 24-year old from Thomaston, Georgia not to mention sitting next to one of the top 5 players EVER... I love the signing.

i think him and his family are already loving the Lakers organization. At least I'm hoping.

#184 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,135 posts

Posted July 19, 2017 - 07:14 AM

i think him and his family are already loving the Lakers organization. At least I'm hoping.

Magic, Rob and Jeanie come off as people that are easy to like, love and get along with and whats not to love about the city... what made our sell tough in the past years were Jim, Mitch, Kobe and cap space all which have been resolved.

#185 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,484 posts

Posted July 19, 2017 - 07:19 AM

Magic, Rob and Jeanie come off as people that are easy to like, love and get along with and whats not to love about the city... what made our sell tough in the past years were Jim, Mitch, Kobe and cap space all which have been resolved.

i'd add Luke to the list of Laker brass that are easy to like vs the era when Byron roamed the sidelines

• LACAS likes this

#186 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,274 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 19, 2017 - 08:14 AM

I think that's just how they are.  They would have done that if Russell or Nick young were up there cracking jokes and wooing everyone with their personality.  They have their fingerprints on everything and they want to make sure everyone knows it.

They are literally trying to change the culture of this entire organization, from the top down.  Mitch was more like KCP/Lonzo/Ingram when answering questions.  RARELY did you see Mitch emotive about any player or situation.  Even when people were gushing about him, he was kinda "ho-hum" about things and acted like he'd been there, done that.

Magic and Pelinka are like Used Car Salesmen.  A reporter called Magic a "hype man"...Magic didn't like it and pushed back on it because it was WAAAAAYYY too close to the truth.

Someone on another forum posted this. Was hilarious, but accurate

These press conferences are following a pattern... 

MAGIC: Welcome everyone. We are very excited to introduce our new player. He reminds me of my playing days, running the break with Michael Cooper and Byron on the wing... 

ROB: Magic, I'd like to add to that but first I'd like all the reporters to sit around me Indian style so I can begin story time. 

MAGIC: We felt we needed a strong 2-way presence, similar to having 2 ways to dish it to Michael Cooper or Byron on the wing back when I played. 

(Rob nestles into a rocking chair and lights a corncobb pipe.) 

ROB: Leviticus tells us that "He has risen. Come see the place where he lay" and it was at that moment I knew we had secured Deron Williams for the vet min. 

MAGIC: ....Grab the rebound, push the pace "oh look! Is that Michael Cooper to my left? Is that Byron on my right? 

(Rob motions for the lights to be turned off, and then shines a flashlight under his chin) 

ROB: You guys know me, you know a story is coming. Buckle up. So KCPs agent called me and said hed sign a 1 year deal for $18M and I said "Cool." That's the whole story I guess. 

MAGIC: Questions? 

REPORTER: Any plans for how you intend to use Clarkson next season? 

MAGIC: I don't know who that is.

via ocho

Edited by Majesty, July 19, 2017 - 08:14 AM.

• GCMD,     and kball like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#187 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 773 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 19, 2017 - 02:50 PM

Someone on another forum posted this. Was hilarious, but accurate

LMAO NAILED IT
  • GCMD and Majesty like this

• 43,781 posts

Posted July 19, 2017 - 03:02 PM

Rob thanking and welcoming them first and foremost was a nice touch. Killings them softly with his words. hahahaha

btw, where is Clarkson? in the Phillipines?

No. He was there yesterday. Interviewed by Brez on Spectrum later in the facility.
  • MaceWindu likes this

yo.

#189 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 19, 2017 - 04:36 PM

ROB: You guys know me, you know a story is coming. Buckle up. So KCPs agent called me and said hed sign a 1 year deal for $18M and I said "Cool." That's the whole story I guess. 

Maj, I lost it on this. Thanks for finding it

• Majesty likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#190 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,513 posts

Posted July 19, 2017 - 04:55 PM

Man i wish English was my native language, just to understand you better (and some 4-5 other posters). I understand only %30 of what you say but this one made me laugh real loud :D

It's all good. Nothing I say is of any relevance; only chaos stems from it. 

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#191 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,135 posts

Posted July 19, 2017 - 05:38 PM

Total anarchy.

#192 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 751 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted July 19, 2017 - 05:45 PM

Man i wish English was my native language, just to understand you better (and some 4-5 other posters). I understand only %30 of what you say but this one made me laugh real loud :D

When you reach 11,395 posts , we'll start listening to you D.I.P. 😏

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#193 trips

trips

Rookie

• 17 posts
  • Name:trpldblr
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Multiple

Posted July 19, 2017 - 08:29 PM

Enough said.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or "Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding." - Hanlon's razor It recommends a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for a phenomenon (a philosophical razor).

#194 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,739 posts

Posted July 19, 2017 - 11:51 PM

Seemed to me, KCP wasn't real happy, but maybe he was just uncomfortable and felt uncertain again about his future.

Still, 18 mil should help somewhat.

But i'd be a little shook in a new city, uncertain future a year from now, having imagined a near max contract a week or 2 ago

We seem to be looking for guys we can mold.  Even Lopez, as a vet, seems to be open to whatever they want him to do.

I think they are looking for guys with specific personality traits.  They seem to want guys that don't want to stand out as much as they want to be a PART of something.  

It reminds me of boot camp (over 20 years ago!).  Guys who tried to be all about themselves found themselves under constant scrutiny.  No matter how perfect they were, the first time they messed up, they were demolished psychologically.  Our Company Commander took pleasure in making sure everyone knew that person could have gotten us all killed on our boat/ship.  It was a very demoralizing situation.

Guys who wanted to serve the whole and do whatever it took for the company?  Those guys were constantly praised for their leadership and selflessness.

The incentive is to reward the team and place it above all others.  To this day, I would likely give my life to save my "boat".  It's just so intricately engrained in who I am that it never truly goes away.  Calling  Lonzo a "Future HOFer" and the "Face of the Franchise" was all a part of this.  It re-set the priorities for the Franchise moving forward.  Out with me-first, in with Team-First.  Those shots at Russell?  Unfortunately, they were probably a part of this "message" also.

tenor.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)