trips

Rookie

• 17 posts
  • Name:trpldblr
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Multiple

Posted July 04, 2017 - 07:55 PM

Greetings to all,

I have been a Laker fan for ages and was once a constant poster at ClubLakers (RIP).

I hope I can talk some Laker's basketball while reconnecting with old posters like GCMD, DarthRekal, John 3:16, and Satan (MIA). Futures looking bright to me and I trust new management to right this ship as it should have been done for years. Once again, my best wishes to all and here's looking to connect. 

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or "Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding." - Hanlon's razor It recommends a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for a phenomenon (a philosophical razor).

• 43,801 posts

Posted July 04, 2017 - 08:00 PM

CL wow? That's like from the 80s right? Damn. Welcome aboard.
  • trips likes this

yo.

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2017 - 10:02 PM

Good to see you here.

When did CL close down?  I hadn't checked on the site in a long, long time.  I kind of figured one of the admins over there would have wanted to take it over, but didn't think that would ever really happen.  I was hoping CL would let me install a new set of message boards (whether it was IPB or vBulletin, whatever), but I'm not sure that was ever considered.

• trips likes this

#4 trips

trips

Rookie

• 17 posts
  • Name:trpldblr
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Multiple

Posted July 04, 2017 - 10:22 PM

Good to see you here.

When did CL close down?  I hadn't checked on the site in a long, long time.  I kind of figured one of the admins over there would have wanted to take it over, but didn't think that would ever really happen.  I was hoping CL would let me install a new set of message boards (whether it was IPB or vBulletin, whatever), but I'm not sure that was ever considered.

Thanks for the warm welcome Real Deal. I remember your contributions to CL and your solid posts also. I have no idea when it went down but posting was at a minimum after LN came abroad.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" or "Don't assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding." - Hanlon's razor It recommends a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for a phenomenon (a philosophical razor).

• 43,801 posts

Posted July 04, 2017 - 10:37 PM

I have no idea when it went down but posting was at a minimum after LN came abroad.

If that's really true then damn, no wonder they banned me immediately.

yo.

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2017 - 10:41 PM

Well, even LN took a tumble with Kobe's decline (and, really, once the team started to struggle).  Message boards in general are on life support, for the most part, due to social media.

The smaller communities work almost as good, though, because our members have opportunities to make names for themselves.  People want to read what you post.  They actually know you by name.

Again, glad to have you on board.  Feel free to bring others you know, whether they are looking for a place to post or have never posted on a message board before.  All are welcome.

• JEN,     and trips like this

#7 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,718 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2017 - 07:01 AM

welcome, good to see new faces...looking forward to this community growing alongside this team
  • trips likes this

Posted Image

#8 Olabebeh

Olabebeh

Rookie

• 666 posts
  • Name:Rafael
  • Fan Since:92
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant / Magic Johnson

Posted July 05, 2017 - 09:03 AM

Welcome hope you enjoy your stay.

• trips likes this

#9 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,779 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 05, 2017 - 10:04 AM

Welcome! The community here is amazing. You'll love it. Look forward to discussing some basketball with you!

• trips likes this

#10 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,941 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 05, 2017 - 10:54 AM

Greetings to all,

I have been a Laker fan for ages and was once a constant poster at ClubLakers (RIP).
I hope I can talk some Laker's basketball while reconnecting with old posters like GCMD, DarthRekal, John 3:16, and Satan (MIA). Futures looking bright to me and I trust new management to right this ship as it should have been done for years. Once again, my best wishes to all and here's looking to connect. 

Hey man. welcome. Reconnecting with GCMD? That's funny.
  • trips likes this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

• 43,801 posts

Posted July 05, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Whatever happened to Staind anyway?
  • trips likes this

yo.

#12 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,852 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 05, 2017 - 02:46 PM

welcome .

#13 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,534 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 05:01 PM

Welcome to LN! :D

#14 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,727 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted August 09, 2017 - 11:45 AM

Welcome to the New Laker Era watch Zo take off and see Magic smile again! Watch this front office they're in it to win it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users