Photo

Paul George traded to OKC

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 02, 2017 - 02:21 PM

Did he not know those teams would be in the association when he told other in 2018 he was coming to our crappy team? Unless Ball is an all star next year we are set to be doomed until 2025 by your estimation. 

Not necessarily.  I actually think Cousins is an easier get/sell and that the Pelicans have a better chance of 'disappointing him' than OKC does with George.   Especially considering they just went out and maxed Jrue Holiday after being what I felt was a piece away (which is why I was nervous they'd get CP3, but they just re-signed Jrue instead with all that money).  

That and Cousins close relationship with Randle could also play a factor in it too.   I personally think our target should be Cousins, particularly if the Pelicans don't make it happen again this year as I personally don't think Anthony Davis's career isn't going anywhere till he leaves the Pelicans.

But that's neither here nor there right now.

Edited by Majesty, July 02, 2017 - 02:22 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#42 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,395 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 02, 2017 - 03:08 PM

Did he not know those teams would be in the association when he told other in 2018 he was coming to our crappy team? Unless Ball is an all star next year we are set to be doomed until 2025 by your estimation. 

Not necessarily.  I actually think Cousins is an easier get/sell and that the Pelicans have a better chance of 'disappointing him' than OKC does with George.   Especially considering they just went out and maxed Jrue Holiday after being what I felt was a piece away (which is why I was nervous they'd get CP3, but they just re-signed Jrue instead with all that money).  

That and Cousins close relationship with Randle could also play a factor in it too.   I personally think our target should be Cousins, particularly if the Pelicans don't make it happen again this year as I personally don't think Anthony Davis's career isn't going anywhere till he leaves the Pelicans.

But that's neither here nor there right now.

You had me till you said we should sign cousins. It's okay you've made great progress in this heel run you got going. We need to keep cousins out, he's a head case who's shown he can't be controlled. Maybe... if he was coming off a year without tantrums. If he can't keep it together in a contract year he isn't worth the risk IMO. He's a great player but not worth the risk IMO. We need that perfect fit, like the Pau move. I'm not even sure who that player is. After the kids games have matured more we'll know better. Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • kray28 and Majesty like this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#43 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,358 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 03, 2017 - 04:08 AM

You had me till you said we should sign cousins. It's okay you've made great progress in this heel run you got going. We need to keep cousins out, he's a head case who's shown he can't be controlled. Maybe... if he was coming off a year without tantrums. If he can't keep it together in a contract year he isn't worth the risk IMO. He's a great player but not worth the risk IMO. We need that perfect fit, like the Pau move. I'm not even sure who that player is. After the kids games have matured more we'll know better. Does that make sense?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well we're gonna need someone to help drown out Lavar.

I think Cousins does everything Lopez does but better. Probably played for more coaches than almost anyone in league. And his game has improved to what should be All NBA level.

(Gobert made 2nd team? What?)

Not sure if Lakers get one max guy next season let alone 2, but we're going to need a center (as Zu wont get as many minutes now to improve enough with Brook).

If PG still comes over (and if i were him i wouldnt unless RW leaves) and we could have our choice of anyone, Boogie would be Ok.

Not LBJ ok, but a solid win in free agency and a reason to be hopeful again.

This season will suck balls

Edited by kball, July 03, 2017 - 04:10 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#44 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,703 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 03, 2017 - 08:47 AM

This season will suck balls

We're conditioned for it

Pau Gasol is GONE

#45 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TEIAM

• 2,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 04, 2017 - 09:24 AM

They will continue to perform as a high level. Btw nice call on the heel turn. Lol. Cousins needs to stay the hell away.

#46 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,779 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted July 06, 2017 - 01:59 PM

IMO Boogie should Boogie on down the road, has been a head case and I don't see him holding a trophy.

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, July 06, 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#47 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,114 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 06, 2017 - 02:50 PM

Has there been any interview, introduction, anything from PG since he was traded? Can't find anything. 

• bfc1125roy likes this

#48 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,762 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted July 06, 2017 - 09:00 PM

19756507_10154874495658995_3043011718711

EyMlHkX.jpg

#49 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,440 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 07, 2017 - 10:56 AM

Even though it's only like 3% chance but if we could land Westbrook and George that would be great

Ball
Westbrook/hart
George
Ingram
Zu

ap1.png

#50 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,402 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 07, 2017 - 12:01 PM

Has there been any interview, introduction, anything from PG since he was traded? Can't find anything. 

Right? What's going on with this dude.

#51 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,762 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted July 12, 2017 - 04:13 PM

19905312_1675405962490069_80270219167536

EyMlHkX.jpg

#52 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,670 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted July 12, 2017 - 04:25 PM

^ Doesn't look that good. Better in the OKC orange jerseys.

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#53 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,440 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 12, 2017 - 04:47 PM

Yeah those jerseys need to be updated