bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 28,164 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 05, 2017 - 09:33 PM

Exum is still doing summer league?

• 43,951 posts

Posted July 05, 2017 - 10:11 PM

Yeah, it appears to have been a collaborative decision between both he and the organization. They've had a talk with him that he's behind on the development stage so there's more of a sense of urgency on his end now as well.

yo.

#103 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,564 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 06, 2017 - 08:55 AM

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#104 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,024 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 06, 2017 - 10:42 AM

My buddy is a Jazz fan and was texting me about Gordon leaving.  Was disappointed but not upset and def not surprised.  Told him they should keep Gobert for another year or 2 but if they can't turn the ship around by 2019 they need to trade him and blow it up before they lose him for nothing   He was talking up Exum how he's killing it in summer league with Mitchell.  Didn't have the heart to make fun of that considering Exum turns 22 next week.  Poor guy has been through enough lol.     

• GCMD and     like this

#105 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted July 06, 2017 - 10:54 AM

^

How can you not be upset when the best player you've had since stockton and malone leaves?!?

Man, some laker fans stayed in their rooms for 3 weeks when anthony brown wasnt getting minutes.

Edited by kball, July 06, 2017 - 10:54 AM.

• lakersince75 and Rekal like this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#106 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,024 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 06, 2017 - 11:02 AM

^

How can you not be upset when the best player you've had since stockton and malone leaves?!?

Man, some laker fans stayed in their rooms for 3 weeks when anthony brown wasnt getting minutes.

He liked what he read in that Player's Tribune article.  I didn't read it but my friend clearly bought whatever Hayward was selling.  He also thinks Gobert is their franchise player and is a lot more attached to him.

#107 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,349 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 12:15 PM

Gordon is becoming overrated. Your friend was right in some sense. Gobert turned that ship around. They can find another player like Hayward in a year or two while likes of Gobert are rare.

Sent from my LG-F600S using Tapatalk

fXlFKv8.gif

#108 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 12:20 PM

Great all around players go to Utah all the time in FA?

And theyre never bad enough to draft high

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#109 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,349 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 12:28 PM

I don't mean to disrespect him, but let's be honest he hasn't done anything to deserve this much attention. 7 years and one good-to-great season that led to all around chemistry. I would take my L this season, get a good draft position and groom Exum when he is looking like he is gonna make a comeback.

Sent from my LG-F600S using Tapatalk

fXlFKv8.gif

#110 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 12:35 PM

I remember when Hayward was being evenly compared to Chandler Parsons on this forum by some.

When they signed their last contracts i think.

Guess i just like Hayward as a pretty complete player.

Who i think became a better player than many thought he would.

Been pretty damn good for 3 seasons

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#111 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 06, 2017 - 01:01 PM

That shot is killing me. I pray the other parts of his game become so elite that shooting under pressure wont matter. Im curious to see what Ball does when a defender crowds him

#112 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 06, 2017 - 01:59 PM

That shot is killing me. I pray the other parts of his game become so elite that shooting under pressure wont matter. Im curious to see what Ball does when a defender crowds him

That's why we need a secondary scorer/shooter along the wing to make defenders pay for focusing on/crowding him. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#113 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 02:30 PM

Can Ball even get off a shot if he's not drifting left a little?

Havent watched him much but if he's forced right then what? How good are his numbers

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#114 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 02:31 PM

Heard antonio davis (onetime spur) on his NBA radio show today say Ball was his favorite player in the draft

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#115 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 06, 2017 - 03:28 PM

Can Ball even get off a shot if he's not drifting left a little?

Havent watched him much but if he's forced right then what? How good are his numbers

Driftin like Lou Wil baby!!!

#116 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,357 posts
  • Name:Joe
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 06, 2017 - 06:22 PM

So Fultz and Tatum look really good in summer league. Both have looked above the competition and getting theirs with ease. 

Safe to say if Ingram doesn't go out there and eat people up in the same way we don't have anything special in him?

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#117 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,349 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 06:34 PM

Driftin like Lou Wil baby!!!

Stu will be happy.

fXlFKv8.gif

#118 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,127 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 06, 2017 - 06:53 PM

So Fultz and Tatum look really good in summer league. Both have looked above the competition and getting theirs with ease. 

Safe to say if Ingram doesn't go out there and eat people up in the same way we don't have anything special in him?

Yes, [expletive] the 20 year old kid if he doesn't deliver at the begining of his 2nd year, in Summer League...
  • GCMD likes this

#119 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,596 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 06, 2017 - 07:54 PM

My buddy is a Jazz fan and was texting me about Gordon leaving.  Was disappointed but not upset and def not surprised.  Told him they should keep Gobert for another year or 2 but if they can't turn the ship around by 2019 they need to trade him and blow it up before they lose him for nothing   He was talking up Exum how he's killing it in summer league with Mitchell.  Didn't have the heart to make fun of that considering Exum turns 22 next week.  Poor guy has been through enough lol.     

You can't really count on blowin' it up when you're a small market team like the Jazz are. They're already set to be a lottery team this coming year with how good the West is. Seems like they're doing okay in player development and are drafting pretty well. It's not like Hayward was ever going to lead them to a ring with their current set up and the Warriors being as good as they are, but it still really sets them back. Tough situation for that team to be in. 

#120 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,287 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 06, 2017 - 07:54 PM

Not sure if you're serious?

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users