#22 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,848 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 28, 2017 - 11:34 AM

CP3 orchestrated the whole thing.

Mad because Doc didnt trade his son for Melo.. Went and told them I am out, get what you want for me.. HOUSTON is where i prefer to go. Gets traded, chances of out of the 1st round are for sure and he gets his money... NO TAXES IN HOUSTON.. LOL.

And it all started with the CBA. Getting his max money tax free. Or I am just being crazy.

• Majesty likes this

#23 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted June 28, 2017 - 11:59 AM

They're looking for PG13 next...

#24 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,487 posts

Posted June 28, 2017 - 12:09 PM

They're looking for PG13 next...

Is Indiana really going to be interested in any combination of Ariza, Gordon and Anderson? Sure, Capela is there, but that's the only center under contract, he's hitting RFA (like Randle), they have Turner, AND he makes 2-3 million so you have to take on other contracts.

It's a nice idea, but I think they're more likely to be players for Milsap, and even Melo (who is reportedly interested). Paul/Harden will be enough to make that relationship with MDA work.

Edited by Massacre, June 28, 2017 - 12:11 PM.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#25 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,916 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 28, 2017 - 12:21 PM

Ryan Kelly= championship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#26 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,916 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 28, 2017 - 12:25 PM

Paul does not fit in MDA system..

MDA will make proper adjustments in his system...this is the NBA coach of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2017 - 12:36 PM

Chris Paul isn't a fit for D'Antoni's system?  Where have ya'll been since 2005?  Chris Paul is a point guard that can break people down, play in the pick and roll, hit from mid off the pick a roll, pass in the pick and roll, finish and shot 41% from three.   

He's precisely the kind of point guard D'antoni loves having. Watch what he did with Jeremy Lin and Steve Nash.  He just got someone who is a better scorer than both of them as well as a top level as a point guard averaging near 18/10 last season.

He fits just fine in D'Antoni's system, it just takes away the need for Harden to do everything now.  

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#28 Julien

Julien

Off The Bench

• 1,978 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 28, 2017 - 03:39 PM

Read this on @AM570LASports
Doc Rivers vetoed trade sending Carmelo Anthony to Clippers because it involved Austin Rivers. Led to CP3 leaving.
  • Busty Bluth, Majesty and JayTheGreat like this

#29 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 28, 2017 - 03:49 PM

It would be freaking hilarious of Carmelo wound up back with D'Antoni. 

• Busty Bluth and Julien like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#30 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,741 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted June 28, 2017 - 03:53 PM

tenor.gif
  • Majesty likes this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#31 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted June 28, 2017 - 05:32 PM

CP3

Harden

Ariza

Andreson

Capela

with Eric Gordon off the bench.

Looks good imo. A strong candidate for WCF.

fXlFKv8.gif

#32 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 758 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted June 28, 2017 - 09:04 PM

CP3 orchestrated the whole thing.

Mad because Doc didnt trade his son for Melo.. Went and told them I am out, get what you want for me.. HOUSTON is where i prefer to go. Gets traded, chances of out of the 1st round are for sure and he gets his money... NO TAXES IN HOUSTON.. LOL.

And it all started with the CBA. Getting his max money tax free. Or I am just being crazy.

You only don't pay state taxes for the 41 home games in Houston. The other 41 away games, state taxes are collected per each state the away games were in. Don't feel like busting out a calculator and tax guide to figure out the differences but he's still leaving money on the table by leaving and chasing a chip.

(Still won't beat GS though, Houston still can't play a lick of D, and we all know D'Antoni doesn't stress D)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#33 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,551 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2017 - 04:51 AM

Nomally, i hate when other teams make good moves but in this case, where Clippers are being shafted i'll make an exception.

Great move for the Rockets!

#34 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 29, 2017 - 07:32 AM

I didn't really see any asset the rcokets gave up that will hurt them down the road. Every player is very replaceable. I still am doubtful that having CP3 and Harden isnt just diminishing returns though. I think it was still a good and right move but I don't see it making them significantly better. 

•     likes this

#35 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,059 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 29, 2017 - 09:11 AM

You only don't pay state taxes for the 41 home games in Houston. The other 41 away games, state taxes are collected per each state the away games were in. Don't feel like busting out a calculator and tax guide to figure out the differences but he's still leaving money on the table by leaving and chasing a chip.

(Still won't beat GS though, Houston still can't play a lick of D, and we all know D'Antoni doesn't stress D)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember there are 2 other texas teams so thats another 4 games, plus both Florida teams (so another 2) 

So 47 games total maybe?

What i was wondering about is if a players salary is divided into 82?

Or are any playoff games thrown in there too?

Like GS played 99 games (82+17)

Edited by kball, June 29, 2017 - 09:11 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#36 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,059 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 29, 2017 - 09:14 AM

Wonder if Beverly has a break out year?

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#37 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,741 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted June 29, 2017 - 04:16 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#38 reryo

reryo

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted June 29, 2017 - 04:34 PM

They now have a good chance of winning 1 game from the Warriors in a best-of-seven series. 

#39 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,594 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 30, 2017 - 07:27 AM

Doc sure is doing a lot of spinning post CP3 trade 

#40 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 30, 2017 - 08:10 AM

Chris Paul isn't a fit for D'Antoni's system? Where have ya'll been since 2005? Chris Paul is a point guard that can break people down, play in the pick and roll, hit from mid off the pick a roll, pass in the pick and roll, finish and shot 41% from three.

He's precisely the kind of point guard D'antoni loves having. Watch what he did with Jeremy Lin and Steve Nash. He just got someone who is a better scorer than both of them as well as a top level as a point guard averaging near 18/10 last season.

He fits just fine in D'Antoni's system, it just takes away the need for Harden to do everything now.

Over/under when he gets injured

ap1.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users