Luol Deng: 41/128 (32.0%)

Julius Randle: 16/54 (29.6%)

(

Nick Young: 126/287 (43.9%)

D'Angelo Russell: 71/191 (37.2%)

Lou Williams: 52/133 (39.1%)

Total contribution: 40.8%

)

So obviously we need some shooters for Ball to find them. But as long as the ball does not stick, and moves around I think the last year stats should improve especially for Clarkson and Ingram.

Edited by Tensai, June 28, 2017 - 10:54 PM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#62 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,123 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 29, 2017 - 03:03 AM

I think we are doing too much microscope stuff right now. There is no way our roster is finished before training camp. I think there are going to be two nice moves and one will be a starter. I'm also getting a weird feeling about getting George. I hope we haven't placed all of our eggs in one basket for him. George seems very wishy washy and could pull a DeAndre Dallas thing

#63 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,465 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 29, 2017 - 04:53 AM

http://www.ocregiste...ary-cap-relief/

Don't feed the trolls. 

#64 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,157 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2017 - 06:09 AM

Brook is a good player.  Excellent offensive player actually.  He's just bad at everything else that you need from a big on a good team.  I think he puts up career scoring numbers this coming season but the only guys that will be surprised he can play are the ones that don't watch anything but Laker games.

• FranklinPeanuts, GCMD, Majesty and 2 others like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#65 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,850 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 29, 2017 - 08:03 AM

Brook is a good player.  Excellent offensive player actually.  He's just bad at everything else that you need from a big on a good team.  I think he puts up career scoring numbers this coming season but the only guys that will be surprised he can play are the ones that don't watch anything but Laker games.

You take that back right now sir... You are speaking the truth about me and I do not like that. LOL

Seriously, he is not that bad and is better than Moz to me. Wasn't there a time where some people within these forums wanted a Lopez brother? Was it back when the Lakers acquired Hibbert? Well, the Lakers got one and I, dig it. Good IQ, offensively he is good, good pick and pop big that stretches the floor and even though he is bad on the boards and not so good on defense, he cannot be that much worse than Moz when he did play or Hibbert, right?

#66 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 29, 2017 - 08:23 AM

We can say he can't be much worse than Moz or Hibbert.  The truth is he is better than the both of them offensively. They're both better than him all around defensively.  

If Pau in 2013 pissed you off, then Lopez will do the same. 

He'll fit the offense just fine, but he's only ok defensively if you go straight at him, on the pick and roll is where he'd get torn assunder defensively and unfortunately that's the play that makes up a majority of NBA offenses.

So think Pau 2013 version but without the rebounding and you'll have a good barometer for how Lopez will do.   

He'll get his scoring numbers, but if he's the best player on our team, we won't win much. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#67 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 29, 2017 - 08:25 AM

Maj. We heard it before. Several times from you already

#68 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,212 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2017 - 08:45 AM

Maj. We heard it before. Several times from you already

so what? leave him. hes a good guy

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#69 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,392 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 08:51 AM

He's better than hibbert defensively at the point in which we got hibbert

Hibbert at his peak but when we got hibbert he was pretty much a trainwreck all around
  • lakersince75 likes this
Posted Image

#70 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 09:08 AM

Hibbert is a better defender than Brook.

Hibbert can only play in 5 minute intervals though. 20 minutes top.

Edited by BasketballIQ, June 29, 2017 - 09:08 AM.

• martin90 likes this

#71 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted June 29, 2017 - 09:13 AM

Based on what?

Put both guys on the court for 30 mins a game, and Lopez is better at every aspect of the game.
  • GCMD likes this

#72 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 1,742 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2017 - 09:25 AM

hibbert was terrible defensively outside the paint, one pick and roll and he was out of position.

#73 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 10:34 AM

I meant at the start of the season with us btw. Not now or even by mid season. He has stamina issues that only get worse

#74 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 972 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 29, 2017 - 10:52 AM

We can say he can't be much worse than Moz or Hibbert.  The truth is he is better than the both of them offensively. They're both better than him all around defensively.  

If Pau in 2013 pissed you off, then Lopez will do the same. 

He'll fit the offense just fine, but he's only ok defensively if you go straight at him, on the pick and roll is where he'd get torn assunder defensively and unfortunately that's the play that makes up a majority of NBA offenses.

So think Pau 2013 version but without the rebounding and you'll have a good barometer for how Lopez will do.   

He'll get his scoring numbers, but if he's the best player on our team, we won't win much. 

Oh no, I'm sorry but no, can't let you do that, Lopez is no Pau Gasol, not even close. Both can shoot, are average defenders and good guys, but that's it. Pau was all about fundamentals and technique, I don't see that in Lopez. Can't even begin to compare their basketball IQ or their winning pedigree. The best version of Brook has nothing against the best version of Pau. His lack of D in general used to drive me crazy, but I always thought he never had the recognition he deserved in LA. He won two rings and was key to achieve that. I wonder if some of those who are crying for D'lo departure are the same that used to kill Pau game after game back then (not saying you are, but I'm pretty sure we have a few around here). Pau had a lot to compensate for his lack of D (sometimes he actually played some good D), including intangibles, Lopez has game but for me it's not even close.

#75 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 29, 2017 - 12:07 PM

DDgaHeCUMAAg_W-.jpg

meme away 

DDgaFuCUIAA5e5w.jpg

DDgaG2iUMAEqIWx.jpg

DDgaIJGUIAAAYOr.jpg

• DeeZee and MaceWindu like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#76 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,123 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted July 02, 2017 - 05:12 AM

Who thinks that Brook doesn't know he's playing for a $100 to $150 million dollar contract this year? He's either going to have his best season ever or show off the first half of the season and come down with an injury but will have the ability to say "Look what I was about to do"

• GCMD likes this

#77 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,212 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:47 AM

its my birthday, imma spend my moneyyy

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#78 Psychobroker

Psychobroker

Rookie

• 130 posts
  • Fav. Laker:BIG GAME James Worthy!

Posted July 03, 2017 - 08:10 AM

Gonna be bigger for the team than some in this thread are thinking.   Could legit run a twin towers inside-out lineup if they wanted to.

#79 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 03, 2017 - 11:07 AM

we've needed a Lopez like player since we let Pau go. He'll be better than '13 Pau imo, due to less scrutiny.  It would be nice if Randle gave the effort on def this year to help Lopez out.

ap1.png

#80 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts

Posted July 03, 2017 - 11:13 AM

Maybe Lopez and Randle can be a new version of Odom and Pau.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users