847 replies to this topic

#841 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,199 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 10, 2019 - 04:16 PM

If dude can become and average defender, he will be the biggest steal in a long time

• LACAS likes this

#842 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 10, 2019 - 04:41 PM

If dude can become and average defender, he will be the biggest steal in a long time

He has been about average the past month and a half.

#843 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 25,465 posts

Posted January 10, 2019 - 06:46 PM

I think with kuz it’s become a better defender, rebounder but most importantly

Ball handler

If he can just even slightly tighten that up he’ll be a scorer in this league 25ppg

Great size and athleticism and I trust his shot will round out. I see him as a 48% shooter and 36-38% from 3 in his prime

World of potential. He gets underrated because of his draft position and age but I see him as being a legitimate scoring threat in this league.
Posted Image

#844 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,361 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 11, 2019 - 07:48 AM

I think Kuz is overrated.
Natural scorer butnot much else.

His intangibles stop at clutch... he is a competitor.

But as far as what everyone brings to the table... Kuzma is most easily replaced imo. Other than Hart.

If we sign any FA. Kuzma gets less shots.
Zo and Brandon have shown to be able to have imoact with 10 fgas or less. Ssme wwith hart. Kuzma needs shots to be effective. If we dont get a FA... of course keep Kuz but if we get a guy who takes shots... then the defensive skills of our 2 number 2 draft picks will be more useful
  • LACAS likes this

#845 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,361 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 11, 2019 - 08:01 AM

But as far as what everyone brings to the table... Kuzma is most easily replaced imo. Other than Hart.

Zo and Brandon have shown to be able to have imoact with 10 fgas or less. Ssme wwith hart. Kuzma needs shots to be effective. If we dont get a FA... of course keep Kuz but if we get a guy who takes shots... then the defensive skills of our 2 number 2 draft picks will be more useful
  • LACAS likes this

#846 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,136 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 11, 2019 - 09:36 AM

Natural scorers don't exactly grow on trees though. Just the fact that he can pretty much get any shot he wants anytime makes him a huge asset on this team. Just like you can overlook Lonzo's gigantic shortcomings because of his transcendent passing/playmaking, you overlook Kuzma's individual defensive weaknesses because they are largely outweighed by what he brings offensively. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#847 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,360 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 11, 2019 - 09:40 AM

BI is an iso player that requires the ball to be in his hand to be even remotely effective on a team that is going to be built around the greatest player in the game who also likes to have the ball in his hand, he doesn't fit with the team even when playing his best, which he doesn't do often.  Zo is a completely different player, so even comparing them in any way is pretty difficult.  I like Zo's game, he is definitely a player I would try to keep and play to his strengths.  Kuzma is a legit scorer, he can catch and shoot, he can back people down, he doesn't require the ball to be in his hand and in fact is better off ball, which makes him an ideal player to pair with LeBron.  If you want to talk about defense, that is a different story.  BI is a great defender because of his length, Zo is just an elite level perimeter defender period, Kuz has been way better this season.  If Kuz continues on his trajectory he is probably an all star next season, with a contract like he has, he is an incredible asset and one that the Lakers should hold on to.

• kray28 and LACAS like this

#848 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,728 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 12, 2019 - 03:47 PM

Kuzma is probably the 3rd option on a championship team at best. While the 41 pt game was really impressive, he struggles too much when he is the go-to guy. I think he's only consistent when he's playing next to better offensive options like LeBron. That's still a very good player to have, but I don't think I can have aspirations for him beyond that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)