#801 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 566 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted April 26, 2018 - 04:28 PM

I wish that RC Buford & Pop were Paxon & Forman, then they just might accept Kuzuma, Hart and Cleveland's pick for Leonard. I'd be ecstatic with Ball, Ingram, Leonard, George (or) Lebron & Randle as our starting 5, we won't have a bench but no one is scoring when they are the floor. 

#802 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,024 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2018 - 06:41 PM

If wishes and buts were chips and nuts we could have a party.
  • GCMD and Jody Smokes like this

#803 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,288 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 26, 2018 - 07:39 PM

If wishes and buts were chips and nuts we could have a party.

That was funny.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#804 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,349 posts

Posted May 06, 2018 - 09:41 PM

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#805 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,462 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted May 22, 2018 - 02:07 PM

Congrats Kuz on 1st team All rookie.

The only laker rookie to receive that honor this year

(I'm looking at you Lavar and your boy)

Edited by kball, May 22, 2018 - 02:08 PM.

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#806 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,349 posts

Posted June 22, 2018 - 02:35 AM

Luke passed along word that assistant coach Miles Simon is marveling at the improvement in Kuzma's base. Because of weight work, it's much more difficult to move Kuzma in the post already, Luke said.

fXlFKv8.gif

#807 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,101 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted June 22, 2018 - 05:00 AM

Kuz laker for life
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#808 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 28,164 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 22, 2018 - 08:42 AM

Is Kyle Kuzma doing THREE-a-days at Lakers’ team facility? Seems like it. Luke Walton talked about him with us on @SpectrumSN: Kuzma’s at the facility lifting weights every day at 6 am. He’s back around noon for individual on-court workout. Then back at night for more shooting.

• Tensai, bfc1125roy and Julien like this

#809 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,787 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 22, 2018 - 09:38 AM

Players like that who go all in during the summer are ha4d to find. Just like Randle who just gets it and hoes ha4d the day after the season is over are the players to keep IMO.

I am no5 attached got the youngins, but it's hard to get that in today's NBA.

#810 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,695 posts

Posted June 22, 2018 - 11:12 AM

Well tbh Ingram is my favorite of the young players but if we land lebron and George kuzma is by far the best fit for the roster
Posted Image

#811 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,862 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 22, 2018 - 12:08 PM

Ingram still a better asset. If we got Bron... which i still doubt based on a few factors...you want to hold out on trading Ingram until you can add the right piece or pieces.

#812 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 5,598 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 22, 2018 - 12:18 PM

Is Kyle Kuzma doing THREE-a-days at Lakers’ team facility? Seems like it. Luke Walton talked about him with us on @SpectrumSN: Kuzma’s at the facility lifting weights every day at 6 am. He’s back around noon for individual on-court workout. Then back at night for more shooting.

Glad Kobe is rubbing off on him. His regimen was similar. 

#813 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 9,349 posts

Posted June 22, 2018 - 07:22 PM

Both Ingram and Kuzma are unique. There is no point in deciding who is better to keep. This is not Shaq vs. Kobe moment.

fXlFKv8.gif

#814 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,862 posts

Posted June 22, 2018 - 07:59 PM

Ingram better

#815 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,288 posts

Posted June 23, 2018 - 05:50 PM

Players like that who go all in during the summer are ha4d to find. Just like Randle who just gets it and hoes ha4d the day after the season is over are the players to keep IMO.

I am no5 attached got the youngins, but it's hard to get that in today's NBA.

Randle spent his first 4 years not putting in the work he needed, especially conditioning.

Once he got into shape, he was able to replicate his UK production/dominance...basically, he wasn't motivated until the money was on the line.

tenor.gif

#816 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,862 posts

Posted June 23, 2018 - 08:55 PM

First 4 years?

This was summer 3...and 1 he was recovering from surgery
  • Rekal likes this

#817 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 24, 2018 - 02:40 PM

Randle spent his first 4 years not putting in the work he needed, especially conditioning.

Once he got into shape, he was able to replicate his UK production/dominance...basically, he wasn't motivated until the money was on the line.

If you're questioning his motivation, I guess that could certainly be a factor.  It's proven that a majority of players break-out during contract years.

However, a lot of it could have simply been him adjusting to the game, realizing what works and what doesn't, and also having a better understanding of what the coaching staff and system asked of him.

Watching Randle throughout the course of his career, I don't think the main issue was conditioning, he's always been a solid physical specimen and athlete.  I think 80-90% of it was actually mindset and the rest probably physical.

#818 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,288 posts

Posted June 24, 2018 - 04:25 PM

If you're questioning his motivation, I guess that could certainly be a factor.  It's proven that a majority of players break-out during contract years.

However, a lot of it could have simply been him adjusting to the game, realizing what works and what doesn't, and also having a better understanding of what the coaching staff and system asked of him.

Watching Randle throughout the course of his career, I don't think the main issue was conditioning, he's always been a solid physical specimen and athlete.  I think 80-90% of it was actually mindset and the rest probably physical.

Come on, man.  Randle tried to change his game his first 3 years.  It wasn't until this year that he went back to being UK-Version of Randle.  He tried to fix something that wasn't broken.  I got crucified for a long time for saying exactly that.  He didn't need to change.  People needed to stop expecting him to become someone he's not.

And the idea that Randle had NEAR the conditioning the first 3 years for he had this past year (contract year) is laughable.  You know better than that, my friend...

tenor.gif

#819 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 25, 2018 - 01:05 PM

Come on, man.  Randle tried to change his game his first 3 years.  It wasn't until this year that he went back to being UK-Version of Randle.  He tried to fix something that wasn't broken.  I got crucified for a long time for saying exactly that.  He didn't need to change.  People needed to stop expecting him to become someone he's not.

And the idea that Randle had NEAR the conditioning the first 3 years for he had this past year (contract year) is laughable.  You know better than that, my friend...

Excluding the injury in his first year, Randle played very similar to how he did in college his first few years.  He was a bulldozer and had terrible tunnel vision.  Every time he got the ball, you knew exactly what he'd do and often resulted in a wild shot near the basket.  In college, the bully ball and athleticism worked for him because he was so much further ahead of everyone else.

It wasn't until this year that the game slowed down for him, he forced less shots, actually looked to pass out of the post, and found easier ways to score.  They condition helped I agree, but I don't think it was as significant as some say.

• Rekal likes this

#820 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted June 25, 2018 - 05:45 PM

Excluding the injury in his first year, Randle played very similar to how he did in college his first few years. He was a bulldozer and had terrible tunnel vision. Every time he got the ball, you knew exactly what he'd do and often resulted in a wild shot near the basket. In college, the bully ball and athleticism worked for him because he was so much further ahead of everyone else.

It wasn't until this year that the game slowed down for him, he forced less shots, actually looked to pass out of the post, and found easier ways to score. They condition helped I agree, but I don't think it was as significant as some say.

‘Everyone knew exactly what he was gonna do’

That’s why that Kobe advice came in to play haha

Edited by Rekal, June 25, 2018 - 05:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users