#541 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 22, 2017 - 05:24 AM

Simmons has the edge and the NBA's backing...

Simmons v Kuz...

PPG 18.7 v 16.8

APG 7.6 v 1.6

RPG 9.2 v 6.6

FG% .523 v .504

3P% .000 v .360

#542 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,385 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 22, 2017 - 07:32 AM

If Lakers somehow win about 12+ more games than the sixers, that would certainly help.

Don't see either happening though.

Simmons could be as bad a shooter as Ball, but dude stays around the rim masking that aspect of his game

• LACAS likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#543 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,564 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 22, 2017 - 11:16 AM

I like how Kuzma can go off for 10+ points any given quarter.  He can score from several places on the court, which gives him the kind of flexibility you need in this offense.

I got worried about him during the road trip/losing streak.  It seemed like he was gunning and not accomplishing much else.  But, he had that dinner with Kobe and has bounced back nicely.  And yes, I do believe there is correlation between the two. 

• LACAS likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#544 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,744 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 11:40 AM

Kuzma has kinda flipped the script for me on our future. This is a guy who I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up averaging 25ppg at some point in his career and does so efficiently.

Right now he's at 17ppg shooting 50% and 36% from 3

That's insane. He's the kind of player that makes me ok maybe just bringing in paul George and Demarcus cousins if we can pull it off because you know what. He can be the 3rd scorer every night. While lonzo and Ingram can be the guys who do a little bit of the rest.

Cousins
Kuzma
Ingram
George
Ball

Is a nice little 3-5 seed in the west.

I really do like kuzma quite a bit. I think he's out of this world talented offensively. Mixed with Ingram who I think has potential in his own right. I love his growth. Idk. If we can somehow land paul George and cousins while resigning Julius Randle and keeping Clarkson I like our roster quite a bit

Cousins/ Randle
Kuzma/ nance
Ingram/ someone
George/ hart
Ball/ Clarkson

I like that roster quite a bit
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

#545 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,744 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 11:42 AM

Simmons has the edge and the NBA's backing...
Simmons v Kuz...
PPG 18.7 v 16.8
APG 7.6 v 1.6
RPG 9.2 v 6.6
FG% .523 v .504
3P% .000 v .360

I think for kuzma to win ROY he'd have to pretty much play how he's playing now AND improve as the season goes on. For example if he averages 20+ppg then he may have an outside shot

But it's a meaningless award. If kuzma stays where he's at or even improves on it this year we've got something more important than a random award. We have a legitimate stud going forward.
  • kball and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#546 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 12:20 PM

I think for kuzma to win ROY he'd have to pretty much play how he's playing now AND improve as the season goes on. For example if he averages 20+ppg then he may have an outside shot

But it's a meaningless award. If kuzma stays where he's at or even improves on it this year we've got something more important than a random award. We have a legitimate stud going forward.

100%

#547 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 12:21 PM

Cousins
Kuzma
Ingram
George
Ball

This is my hope.

#548 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,008 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 22, 2017 - 12:44 PM

I like how Kuzma can go off for 10+ points any given quarter. He can score from several places on the court, which gives him the kind of flexibility you need in this offense.

I got worried about him during the road trip/losing streak. It seemed like he was gunning and not accomplishing much else. But, he had that dinner with Kobe and has bounced back nicely. And yes, I do believe there is correlation between the two.

lol mamba 3:16

#549 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,586 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 22, 2017 - 02:35 PM

+30 game coming soon, could be tonight

#550 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,385 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 04:29 PM

LACAS Posted Today, 01:21 PM

snapback.png

Cousins
Kuzma
Ingram
George
Ball

This is my hope.

I know this is the Kuz thread, but i think given a choice i'd rather get LBJ and re-sign Lopez, than get both PG and Boogie.

Edited by kball, November 22, 2017 - 04:30 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#551 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,744 posts

Posted November 22, 2017 - 04:52 PM

LACAS Posted Today, 01:21 PM

snapback.png

This is my hope.

I know this is the Kuz thread, but i think given a choice i'd rather get LBJ and re-sign Lopez, than get both PG and Boogie.

Eh try for lebron and boogie then

Lopez doesn't rebound at all

But I like the idea of

Cousins 30 years old
Kuzma 25
Ingram 23
George 30
Ball 23

We may be pretty formidable especially if Ingram and ball hit
Posted Image

#552 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 311 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted Yesterday, 04:54 PM

Who knows what Lebrons intentions are. Does he want to really continue fighting for a championship orwouls he come to L.A. for his brand and whatever business dealingshe wants to make. Of course he can do both but lately the Lakers have become a retirement home for sone players. Add to that the Lakers would need to get rid of almost everyone to put shooters around Lebron.

I like Kuzma and think ge is the cornerstone of this franchise. Build around him. Forget Lebron, this team doesnt need him.

#553 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,385 posts

Posted Today, 05:07 AM

^

Lunacy!

• MaceWindu and KidRN like this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)