Posted November 04, 2017 - 06:11 PM

Randle is our backup center now

and doing a pretty good job at it

#482 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,234 posts

Posted November 05, 2017 - 11:23 PM

I was expecting Ball to be the catalyst, but Kuzma turned out to be that guy. Because of his high level of performance each game, the other players have to follow suit.

fXlFKv8.gif

#483 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 07, 2017 - 01:33 PM

I was expecting Ball to be the catalyst, but Kuzma turned out to be that guy. Because of his high level of performance each game, the other players have to follow suit.

I still think Ball has changed the culture which allowed Kuzma to flourish.

Imagine Kuzma on this team last year.  He'd be forcing a lot of ISO play and trying to create for himself 1-on-1 because Russell didn't make anything easier for anyone but himself.

Ball has struggled and the offense STILL looks better.  Imagine what we will look like when Ball finally gets it going?

tenor.gif

#484 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,368 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 07, 2017 - 02:33 PM

I still think Ball has changed the culture which allowed Kuzma to flourish.

Imagine Kuzma on this team last year.  He'd be forcing a lot of ISO play and trying to create for himself 1-on-1 because Russell didn't make anything easier for anyone but himself.

Ball has struggled and the offense STILL looks better.  Imagine what we will look like when Ball finally gets it going?

With Ball's play as of late, I think Kuzma's success is solely due to himself and no one else. True that Ball has inspired the offense to be more uptempo/showtime ish, but the reality is that Kuzma has become our go-to iso guy when we need a score. If anything, I think its Ingram's early emergence who is inspiring Kuzma to seize the opportunity and do his thing. Ingram and Kuzma have the opportunity to be a crazy dynamic duo down the line.

It may be a reach, but I think Kuzma has the potential to be a PG13/Kawahi Leonard type draft steal as he gets more and more comfortable.

Edited by Jackson, November 07, 2017 - 02:36 PM.

#485 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,269 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 08, 2017 - 07:34 PM

He was bad defending and rebounding tonight. Shot won’t always go down but have to contribute in other ways. He wasn’t so smooth tonight, looked rattled. Interested to see how he responds tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • UKUGA likes this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#486 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 962 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 08, 2017 - 07:56 PM

He was bad defending and rebounding tonight. Shot won’t always go down but have to contribute in other ways. He wasn’t so smooth tonight, looked rattled. Interested to see how he responds tomorrow.

That youth showed today. I’m sure he’ll respond fine

#487 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,465 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 08, 2017 - 08:28 PM

Celtics D man, best in the NBA. Give it to Stevens, now that's a [expletive]ing coach.

#488 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 09, 2017 - 01:27 AM

its okay you can lose agains them.. they play for championships, we play for seed 8-10..

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#489 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 09, 2017 - 05:49 PM

He sure likes to shoot.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#490 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts

Posted November 09, 2017 - 05:50 PM

Don't feed the trolls. 

#491 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,465 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 09, 2017 - 06:38 PM

Worst game tonight against the Wizards. Will be interesting to see if he can bounce back. Two bad games in a row, but still love this kid. I think he'll be alright.
  • UKUGA and kball like this

#492 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 01:43 PM

My favorite thing about the Lakers' real rookie sensation: Kyle Kuzma's shoot-pass-or-drive decisiveness when the ball swings his way. Secondary players cannot afford to hesitate, even for a second or two, when they get the ball against a scrambling defense. It strangles possessions. It gives the defense a chance to reset itself.

Kuzma varies his tactics depending on matchups. If he has a bigger, slower guy on him, Kuzma catches and goes without a real pump fake:

He has soft touch with both hands, and a deep bag of wackadoo hooks and runners. Against wings who can match his speed, Kuzma will unleash a mean fake, and whoosh away if they take the bait:

The threat of Kuzma's shot has made him a snug fit next to both Julius Randleand now Brook Lopez in L.A.'s revamped starting five. (Randle Hill is thriving, by the way.)

Some adversity is coming, and it may have started last night in a blowout loss against the Wizards. Kuzma is squishy on defense, and he's shooting only 30 percent from deep. It just feels like he has been more accurate. He'll have to make more for that pump-fake to remain convincing.

http://www.espn.com/...yrie-irving-nba

Edited by UKUGA, November 10, 2017 - 01:43 PM.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#493 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,307 posts

Posted November 12, 2017 - 03:47 AM

With Ball's play as of late, I think Kuzma's success is solely due to himself and no one else. True that Ball has inspired the offense to be more uptempo/showtime ish, but the reality is that Kuzma has become our go-to iso guy when we need a score. If anything, I think its Ingram's early emergence who is inspiring Kuzma to seize the opportunity and do his thing. Ingram and Kuzma have the opportunity to be a crazy dynamic duo down the line.

It may be a reach, but I think Kuzma has the potential to be a PG13/Kawahi Leonard type draft steal as he gets more and more comfortable.

If you think Kuzma creates this well in most offenses, I think you are mistaken.  Kuzma's scoring comes right within the seams of this offense, not despite it.  That starts with a change in the speed/pace, not Kuzma's own offensive abilities.

tenor.gif

#494 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 556 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 12, 2017 - 08:05 AM

If you think Kuzma creates this well in most offenses, I think you are mistaken.  Kuzma's scoring comes right within the seams of this offense, not despite it.  That starts with a change in the speed/pace, not Kuzma's own offensive abilities.

And that's i think very valuable for a rookie. Staying in the system and executing offense is not very easy, that's why most rookies are inefficient.

My latest game review: https://steemit.com/...-the-rescue-6-8

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

#495 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,269 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 12, 2017 - 09:59 AM

Nice bounce back by Kuz.

• ChichoGarcy and LACAS like this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#496 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 106 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted November 12, 2017 - 11:49 AM

Good game by Kuzma. Great game actually. 20-10 in 40+ minutes. And 50% fg as well I believe. I think Kuzma was playing poorly due to adjusting to starter minutes against starting caliber players.

Like Randle is playing great...bc he gets to feast on the second unit. And that’s good for us.

Kuzma will probably need some more time to adjust to the heavy load but he’s young and strong. He can take it. Those three years in college have allowed his body to develop so I think he’s more nba ready than most rookies.

Lakers won three in four. Then lost three in a row. And now they play the suns Sixers nuggets bulls Kings for their next five. It’s not a huge reach to say they could win all five and that’s incredible. We’ve sucked for so long I’m just happy we’re being competitive.
  • KidRN and LACAS like this

#497 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,136 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 15, 2017 - 03:33 AM

Going to be really cool to see what kind of work ethic he has this off season. If he goes into the dungeon he's going to be really good. Still the steal of the draft. If his mind is strong and he comes out of this season with the confidence he started with Oh MY MY MY

#498 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,063 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 15, 2017 - 08:30 AM

The mamba has noticed https://www.reddit.c...ersonal_dinner/

• LACAS likes this

#499 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,249 posts