Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,278 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 12, 2017 - 12:24 PM

Ok sure

Nrewer sbould play

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#383 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,669 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 12, 2017 - 01:56 PM

Brewer should.... not huge minutes but spot minutes for sure. Kids gotta earn it

#384 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 13, 2017 - 12:45 AM

Randle looks good off the bench. We'd lose the last two games by 15+ if he were to start. Let him have a good year off the bench and some team will pay him way too much to start. It's whatever. Russell was at the complete opposite end of the spectrum - I never see him being a high enough effort level player to really live up to what we wanted from him. I'm hoping he has a long and healthy career - I just don't see how so many people think he's going to be a star.

I'm much more excited about Hart then I was about Russell. Hart knows his role and is trying to make it in this league on the defensive end. Now that every single person on this team knows that Lonzo will be the main ball handler, guys like KCP and Hart won't have to worry about doing anything more than spreading the floor and putting in as much effort as possible on the defensive end.  

Kuzma is just so confident out there. I don't think he'll be as effective as a starter - not just yet. It's not fair to ask him to put in this sort of production against starting level big men. Let Kuz and Randle feast off the bench and let Brook and KCP lead the way for the starters.

I'm very excited about a possible Lonzo/Hart/KCP/Kuzma/Brook. A lineup of three 6'5 wings and two big guys who will gladly take any shot you give them off the pick and pop. If Lonzo is really as talented a passer as he looks like he might be, surround him with a lineup of four shooters and let him work. 

While I agree with most of what you said, there is simply no chance both Ingram and Randle come off the bench with Hart and Kuzma starting.  Would it be an interesting lineup?  Yes.  But Lakers Fans would revolt and call for the noose for Luke.  Also starting 3 rookies?  Not sure that's a good idea...

tenor.gif

#385 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,278 posts

Posted October 13, 2017 - 07:42 AM

Brewer hasn't played well so that shouldn't be hard and if minutes and rotation spots were all about merit Brandon Ingram should not be starting. 

Brewer should.... not huge minutes but spot minutes for sure. Kids gotta earn it

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#386 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,669 posts

Posted October 13, 2017 - 10:28 AM

Brewer is excellent in transition. Both ways.
Terrible in half court offense and solid in half court offense

#387 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,291 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 13, 2017 - 11:21 AM

Walton said there is a 10 percent chance Kyle Kuzma starts at power forward on opening night. Very much a Nance/Randle battle.

#388 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,548 posts

Posted October 13, 2017 - 01:36 PM

So that means there's a 90% chance that our starting PF will be the wrong one.
  • Ventiquattro and Wilt Chamberneezy like this

#389 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,532 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 13, 2017 - 03:36 PM

More interested in how soon Kuz will be in last half of 4th quarters in competitive games.

Not concerned if he starts or not.

• MaceWindu and ChichoGarcy like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#390 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,698 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted October 13, 2017 - 05:13 PM

Agreed

#391 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,901 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 13, 2017 - 05:45 PM

635883377331847651-412804511_giphy.gif

#392 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,669 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 12:57 AM

Ball
KCP
Ingram
Randle
Brook

Caruso
Clarkson
Kuzma
Nance
Bogut

Ennis
Brewer
Zubac

Injury minutes

#393 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,532 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 14, 2017 - 03:38 AM

Fine by me if they jettison Bogut. 

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#394 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,728 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 14, 2017 - 05:46 AM

Luke Walton isn't as smart as people claim him to be.

_uqbop.gif

Edited by Miggs, October 14, 2017 - 05:46 AM.

"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#395 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,278 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 05:55 AM

He gambles a lot on defense and can't hit open shots.  The problem is that the issues with his gambling aren't always as obvious to the naked eye b/c his effort makes him look like he's playing great D and he makes the occasional play.  

Brewer is excellent in transition. Both ways.
Terrible in half court offense and solid in half court offense

#396 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,008 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 06:00 AM

Deng and Brewer shouldn't be touching the court on this team.  They need to let those young guys develop.

Get what you're saying but I don't mind if Brewer gets a few minutes here and there. He puts emphasis on defense and encourages the team to push the ball.

Edit: Funny enough I didn't go to the next page when I responded to your post lol

Edited by JGuez, October 14, 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#397 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,591 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 14, 2017 - 08:49 AM

While I agree with most of what you said, there is simply no chance both Ingram and Randle come off the bench with Hart and Kuzma starting. Would it be an interesting lineup? Yes. But Lakers Fans would revolt and call for the noose for Luke. Also starting 3 rookies? Not sure that's a good idea...

Oh dude I did not say or mean that would be a starting lineup. That's just a lineup I want to see play together at times.

Edited by bigvee, October 14, 2017 - 08:49 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#398 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,378 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted October 14, 2017 - 01:45 PM

What if we went with:

Ball - Ingram - Kuzma - Randle - Lopez

#399 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,437 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 14, 2017 - 01:48 PM

What if we went with:
Ball - Ingram - Kuzma - Randle - Lopez

Faster 2's would destroy Ingram.

#400 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,278 posts

Posted October 14, 2017 - 01:58 PM

I don't know why people are still insisting that Ingram can play the 2.  If anything he's a 3/4.  He may very well shift to a 4 later in his career.  

• GCMD and KidRN like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users

kball