#361 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,699 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 11, 2017 - 05:29 AM

Anyone else fear Majesty has abandoned the Lakers and is cheering on a different team nowadays?

BTW that damn near full speed 360 turn off the dribble for the dunk (by Kuz) was as good a play as vie seen from a rookie in a while.

Not easy

he might not wanna show his face on this thread out of embarrassment. He was really upset the lakers drafted Kuzma on draft night. Look at my signature
  • GCMD and MaceWindu like this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#362 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,465 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 11, 2017 - 06:22 AM

Now that they are playing games, there aren't as many practice and late-night workout videos to view and post online. 

Anyone else fear Majesty has abandoned the Lakers and is cheering on a different team nowadays?

• GCMD likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#363 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,601 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 11, 2017 - 07:38 AM

He was pretty shook up with the trade. Recovering maybe? Rough time for him.

#364 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 11, 2017 - 08:32 AM

He was pretty shook up with the trade. Recovering maybe? Rough time for him.

Legend has it that Majesty was Jim Buss and can't stand the direction the Lakers are going. 

• GCMD likes this

#365 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,536 posts

Posted October 11, 2017 - 09:13 AM

Majesty was me all along.
  • GCMD likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#366 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 518 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 11, 2017 - 09:43 AM

Hey leave Majesty alone! He had a solid game again off the bench...

• GCMD likes this

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :)

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

#367 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,935 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 11, 2017 - 11:11 AM

BTW that damn near full speed 360 turn off the dribble for the dunk (by Kuz) was as good a play as vie seen from a rookie in a while.

Not easy

He sees the writing on the wall.

People bashed me for my takes on Randle...for YEARS I was called a hater who couldn't or wouldn't see how productive Randle is and how he was progressing.  Now that a guy comes in and gives us exactly what those guys kept saying Randle COULD give us, it looks silly to continue to defend Randle as "on the cusp".

Randle's fan club has had to swallow a bitter pill because of Kuzma.  I have no doubt they are secretly hoping Kuzma "cools off" so they can, once again, proselytize the masses, proclaiming the Coming Of Randle - The Savior.

Here comes the (predictable) excuses:

Only Preseason

He's 22

Randle was hurt

Just Randle's 4th year

He's a better rebounder

One of the only guys to average a double double in a qualified setting

Yada, yada...blah, blah, blah.  

I know it hurts...if Kuzma's performance has done anything, it has destroyed the notion that "if you don't like what Randle's doing, you just have a personal grudge against him".

Here's what's happening to Randle's fans hopes and dreams of him getting extended long-term (sorry if it offends anyone...I'll delete it if it does):

skqIkct.gif

Edited by GCMD, October 11, 2017 - 11:12 AM.

tenor.gif

#368 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Rookie

• 941 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted October 11, 2017 - 11:39 AM

Don't delete it, good stuff. D'Lo and Randle fans need to read things like this. Although D'Lo fans still have a good chance of bringing the "I told you so" speech, because he will have more than one good game playing for lousy Nets. It ain't over, no Sr. D'Lo ghost will be flying over the Staples all season long, waiting to strike.
  • GCMD likes this

#369 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,566 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 11, 2017 - 12:50 PM

Randle looks good off the bench. We'd lose the last two games by 15+ if he were to start. Let him have a good year off the bench and some team will pay him way too much to start. It's whatever. Russell was at the complete opposite end of the spectrum - I never see him being a high enough effort level player to really live up to what we wanted from him. I'm hoping he has a long and healthy career - I just don't see how so many people think he's going to be a star.

I'm much more excited about Hart then I was about Russell. Hart knows his role and is trying to make it in this league on the defensive end. Now that every single person on this team knows that Lonzo will be the main ball handler, guys like KCP and Hart won't have to worry about doing anything more than spreading the floor and putting in as much effort as possible on the defensive end.  

Kuzma is just so confident out there. I don't think he'll be as effective as a starter - not just yet. It's not fair to ask him to put in this sort of production against starting level big men. Let Kuz and Randle feast off the bench and let Brook and KCP lead the way for the starters.

I'm very excited about a possible Lonzo/Hart/KCP/Kuzma/Brook. A lineup of three 6'5 wings and two big guys who will gladly take any shot you give them off the pick and pop. If Lonzo is really as talented a passer as he looks like he might be, surround him with a lineup of four shooters and let him work. 

• GCMD and Rekal like this

#370 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

The Innovators

• 1,716 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo "ZO2" Ball

Posted October 11, 2017 - 08:22 PM

• GCMD and manaro90 like this

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#371 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 11, 2017 - 08:23 PM

I made the first mention of Kuzma on this board...pull the receipts!!!

• Aykut Purde likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#372 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,694 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 11, 2017 - 08:36 PM

#373 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted October 12, 2017 - 12:04 AM

Ball - Kuzma - Lopez

Fill the remaining spots with players that pass the ball, run on fastbreak and defend. I don't care who it is.

• Aykut Purde likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#374 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 518 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted October 12, 2017 - 03:18 AM

I made the first mention of Kuzma on this board...pull the receipts!!!

I remember this but i also remember not taking you seriously because you seemed to troll because of our draft selections if i remember truly :D But kudos!

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :)

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

#375 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts

Posted October 12, 2017 - 03:43 AM

Oh nah, I dont troll the draft talk section

I remember this but i also remember not taking you seriously because you seemed to troll because of our draft selections if i remember truly :D But kudos!

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#376 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,066 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 12, 2017 - 06:13 AM

Has there been a better rookie in the league in pre season so far?

Until Ball shows me more (and he has a ton of potential, assuming he can stay on the court) Kuzma has even been OUR best rookie so far imo.

Lakers for sure have a juggling act this season.

2 possible first team all rookies, maybe even 2 strong possible ROTY.

But a damn log jam at forward. 

I don't think Nance wins you very many extra games. Brewer and Deng don't either.

But Kuzma and Randle have that potential to be the best Laker on the court in a lot of games So does Ingram.

Maybe not best PLAYER (that will go to someone on our opponent), but the best laker.

96 forward minutes per game and they still need to move or stretch Deng.

Jules, Kuzma and BI should get about 85-90 of those minutes imo.

Luckily they all bring something different to the table.

(I can see about 25 million in salary --Deng/Brewer-- cheering from the bench all season...and of those 2 maybe Brewer brings more of what we need)

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#377 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts

Posted October 12, 2017 - 06:27 AM

Deng and Brewer shouldn't be touching the court on this team.  They need to let those young guys develop.

• LACAS likes this

#378 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted October 12, 2017 - 06:47 AM

We should have signed Matt Thomas after SL. I really wanted him in rotation. Most people don't rate SL high, but that group had legit modern NBA tools to succeed, unlike these snobs that can't shoot, nor pass.

fXlFKv8.gif

#379 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,848 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted October 12, 2017 - 08:37 AM

We should have signed Matt Thomas after SL. I really wanted him in rotation. Most people don't rate SL high, but that group had legit modern NBA tools to succeed, unlike these snobs that can't shoot, nor pass.

I won't lie.. both Thomas and Caruso played well on the SL together. Dude was shooting really well and the ball was moving around

#380 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,154 posts

Posted October 12, 2017 - 08:38 AM

Not sure where he'd get minutes.  He's a wing that isn't very versatile. Between JC, Hart and KCP where does Thomas fit? Not to mention Lonzo will probably get spot minutes at the 2. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users