404 replies to this topic

#341 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,056 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 10, 2017 - 08:18 AM

Lets all take some long and deep breaths...

Inhale...

Exhale...

Lets remind ourselves that this is the preseason...

Lets remind ourselves that our hope lies within a 19-year old PG, a 24-year old SG, a 19-year old SF, a 22-year old PF and a 19-year old 27th pick...

Lets remind ourselves that our veteran anchor (Brook) has played a total of 14 minutes...

Lets remind ourselves that our starting PG is out..

Inhale...

Exhale...

Namaste.

Namastink?

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#342 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 10, 2017 - 09:50 AM

Lets all take some long and deep breaths...

Inhale...

Exhale...

Lets remind ourselves that this is the preseason...

Lets remind ourselves that our hope lies within a 19-year old PG, a 24-year old SG, a 19-year old SF, a 22-year old PF and a 19-year old 27th pick...

Lets remind ourselves that our veteran anchor (Brook) has played a total of 14 minutes...

Lets remind ourselves that our starting PG is out..

Inhale...

Exhale...

Namaste.

Some of this discord can be attributed to people still trying to fight the Lakers Russell Civil War.  At some point, they have to let it go, just like the Confederates still flying the flag of rebels and traitors to the US continue to litigate and fight the "War of Northern Aggression" (I'm from South Carolina so trust me, it's real).

Russell was a Laker and now he's not.  If you're discussing an ex-Laker to try to bash current ones, shame on you.  Let. It. Go.

Way too many LEGITIMATE reasons for this team to be performing poorly and ALL of them were/are expected.  The over-reaction is hilarious because it's like, "what did YOU expect"?  LOL.  I still think we have a chance to make the playoffs but just like 90% of the NBA, it depends on our best players being healthy.  That hasn't been the case yet and in this situation where the margin for error is very small, why is anyone freaking out?

My benchmark is always 20 regular season games.  At that point, I feel I have a good handle on who we are as currently constructed and who we need to add/move to get better.  Any major proclamation before then is too myopic.

Edited by GCMD, October 10, 2017 - 09:52 AM.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#343 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 09:53 AM

Namastink?

Gotta start somewhere.  The bottom is just as good a place as any.  Doesn't mean we won't get better.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#344 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,263 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted October 10, 2017 - 12:35 PM

Luke: kuzma is stalling out the offense

http://www.lakersnat...mes/2017/10/10/

Reactions? taken out of context? Lol

I say if he has a chance to score go for it! At least the guy is trying to create something.
And what offense is luke talking about? Lol

Edited by lildvl10, October 10, 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#345 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 12:39 PM

As if Ingram hasn't been the biggest staller in our offense so far lol.

• GCMD likes this

#346 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,157 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 10, 2017 - 12:46 PM

At least the guy is trying to create something.

This can be said for Randle and Ingram as well but they get torn to shreds on here

As if Ingram hasn't been the biggest staller in our offense so far lol.

He has been given that role but thus far hasnt been very effective. Just because one player is given the green light, doesnt mean that other are free to do what ever they please. Magic and Luke have seen more of Kuzma and Ingram than everyone on this forum. There is probably a reason Ingram is allowed to do more than Kuzma and it will likely become evident during the regular season.

#347 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 10, 2017 - 01:04 PM

This can be said for Randle and Ingram as well but they get torn to shreds on here

He has been given that role but thus far hasnt been very effective. Just because one player is given the green light, doesnt mean that other are free to do what ever they please. Magic and Luke have seen more of Kuzma and Ingram than everyone on this forum. There is probably a reason Ingram is allowed to do more than Kuzma and it will likely become evident during the regular season.

Ingram is allowed to do more because he was the 2nd pick. Don't act like that's not the case. If Ingram was picked 27th like Kuzma and playing like he has which has been complete [expletive] he would be sent to the D league.

Edited by JayTheGreat, October 10, 2017 - 01:04 PM.

• JGuez and ChichoGarcy like this

#348 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,157 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 01:24 PM

Ingram is allowed to do more because he was the 2nd pick. Don't act like that's not the case. If Ingram was picked 27th like Kuzma and playing like he has which has been complete [expletive] he would be sent to the D league.

Russell was drafted second and used in a salary dump!

Ingram is given that green light because of his abilities and potential which is the same reason he was drafted 2nd, it's not the other way around.

Ingram is currently better than Kuzma at everything except scoring. Once Ingram's shots start falling he will be viewed as far superior to Kuzma which is likely what Luke is betting on. Ingram is great at getting seperation and getting to the basket, making the shot is his problem. That will take time.

I like Kuzma but I think its clear that Ingram is far more skilled. Kuzma is simply on fire right now. I doubt he stays this way during the regular season and outside of scoring he doesnt bring much to the table. He'll be a great stretch 4 or 6th man though.

Edited by kidpolean, October 10, 2017 - 01:28 PM.

#349 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 01:52 PM

Ingram may be better at Kuzma at most things but he surely isn't playing that way at the moment.

There's a huge difference. If I'm a betting man on who I think has the better career I'm taking Ingram right now, there's no question. All I'm talking about is right now though.

He's gotta play the game right and being the #2 pick doesn't mean he gets to do whatever he wants. If Kuzma is going to get called out by Luke, Ingram should too.

• GCMD likes this

#350 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,157 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 01:58 PM

Ingram may be better at Kuzma at most things but he surely isn't playing that way at the moment.

There's a huge difference. If I'm a betting man on who I think has the better career I'm taking Ingram right now, there's no question. All I'm talking about is right now though.

He's gotta play the game right and being the #2 pick doesn't mean he gets to do whatever he wants. If Kuzma is going to get called out by Luke, Ingram should too.

Ingram has a different role. Ingram is doing what he is supposed too but not playing well. Kuzma is giving himself a larger role. Those are two different problems. Ingram will get called out if his shots continue to not fall during the regular season but these are the games in which Ingram needs to force shots. Kuzma needs to stay within his role because he wont be allowed to play this way in the regular so it's best to not make it a habit.

#351 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 02:05 PM

Ingram has a different role. Ingram is doing what he is supposed too but not playing well. Kuzma is giving himself a larger role. Those are two different problems. Ingram will get called out if his shots continue to not fall during the regular season but these are the games in which Ingram needs to force shots. Kuzma needs to stay within his role because he wont be allowed to play this way in the regular so it's best to not make it a habit.

Fair enough on "these are the games" to figure it out line, but I disagree on what his role is. He's been taking awful looks that not many players would be expected to make.

I said it in the other thread (or maybe it's here), but whatever happened to the ball movement that Luke was going to bring to this team? I feel like the whole thing was we're supposed to move the ball to the open man and let the game come to us. Instead when Ingram has been playing he's just trying to jack up shots.

I'm hoping we see a self aware Ingram tonight that just lets the game come to him. 

#352 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,157 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 02:11 PM

Fair enough on "these are the games" to figure it out line, but I disagree on what his role is. He's been taking awful looks that not many players would be expected to make.

I said it in the other thread (or maybe it's here), but whatever happened to the ball movement that Luke was going to bring to this team? I feel like the whole thing was we're supposed to move the ball to the open man and let the game come to us. Instead when Ingram has been playing he's just trying to jack up shots.

I'm hoping we see a self aware Ingram tonight that just lets the game come to him.

I actually dont think his shot selection has been terrible. He simply can't shoot lol. Or maybe he's just on a cold streak. If those shots fall, nobody will question his shot selection the same way nobody says anything when Curry shoots a 3 from damn near half court with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

Even with ball movement, you need a player to take over. The Spurs and Warriors both have great ball movement but also have a player that can play iso ball when needed. KCP and Ball arent those types of players and probably never will be, so Ingram is our best option.

I think it's clear that Ingram's role is to be our #1 option.

Edited by kidpolean, October 10, 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#353 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,692 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 10, 2017 - 02:26 PM

Luke: kuzma is stalling out the offense

http://www.lakersnat...mes/2017/10/10/

Reactions? taken out of context? Lol

I say if he has a chance to score go for it! At least the guy is trying to create something.
And what offense is luke talking about? Lol

Yea I watched that interview and I still haven't seen what Luke is talking about. I rewatched that 4th quarter a couple times too. He made a lot of great passes and moved the ball better than pretty much anyone. During that whole 4th Clarkson and Randle were playing an awful 2 man game. They had a couple good connections but they were forcing so many ugly shots. Luke was basically saying Kuzma would pop instead of roll which luke then said was hurting the offense. I just don't see that though. Randle and Clarson weren't passing to anyone but each other which was hurting the offense. 

It worries me when Luke says stuff like this because our entire half court offensive scheme has been a mess so far. so when he blames a player who is actually running the offense well and making the team play better I really wonder what hes seeing or if he's going out of his way to find problems with him. 

• ChichoGarcy likes this

#354 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 02:54 PM

Think we need some highlights in this thread:

#355 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 10, 2017 - 04:00 PM

Side note. I hate or jerseys right now. Hate the yellow shade
  • kidpolean likes this

ap1.png

#356 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,157 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 04:21 PM

Yea they look terrible

#357 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 05:18 PM

I hate that color but not the jerseys.  Modern take on a classic that doesn't go too far is rare.

tenor.gif

#358 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,925 posts

Posted October 10, 2017 - 05:22 PM

Yea I watched that interview and I still haven't seen what Luke is talking about. I rewatched that 4th quarter a couple times too. He made a lot of great passes and moved the ball better than pretty much anyone. During that whole 4th Clarkson and Randle were playing an awful 2 man game. They had a couple good connections but they were forcing so many ugly shots. Luke was basically saying Kuzma would pop instead of roll which luke then said was hurting the offense. I just don't see that though. Randle and Clarson weren't passing to anyone but each other which was hurting the offense. 

It worries me when Luke says stuff like this because our entire half court offensive scheme has been a mess so far. so when he blames a player who is actually running the offense well and making the team play better I really wonder what hes seeing or if he's going out of his way to find problems with him. 

Conspiracy theory:

Teams are asking for Kuzma and the Lakers are trying not to give him up...see the shade they threw at Lonzo, though everybody and their Momma knew the Lakers were going to draft Lonzo.

It used to be that a father wouldn't marry off his younger daughter until the older daughter was married.  

Lakers know that Ball and Kuzma are by far their best combination/ chemistry right now.  They play together the way Luke is trying to get the rest of the team to play.

tenor.gif

#359 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted October 11, 2017 - 04:22 AM

Anyone else watch games and just cant wait till Kuzma is in?

I think he'll cool off once teams scout him.  He has the tools to be a great all around player, though. As with all non top picks, I have no clue who he was in college, but his performance so far is impressive. Leg up on everyone on the roster so far.

He has been the most confident and productive rookie Lakers have had since the drought.

• GCMD and LACAS like this

#360 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,056 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 11, 2017 - 05:02 AM

Anyone else fear Majesty has abandoned the Lakers and is cheering on a different team nowadays?

BTW that damn near full speed 360 turn off the dribble for the dunk (by Kuz) was as good a play as vie seen from a rookie in a while.

Not easy

Edited by kball, October 11, 2017 - 05:04 AM.

• GCMD, MaceWindu and LACAS like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users