#261 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,398 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted October 05, 2017 - 05:22 AM

I also can see them moving Randle if the right deal comes along. Because I can see Randle benefiting from being with the second unit more than I can see Kuzma benefiting from it. Lonzo and Kuzma have great chemistry. Ingram has to get it together but Randle may be traded by the all-star break.

Agreed.

Honestly I do believe its just a matter of time for BI and KCP to start knocking them down.

In addition getting Lopez on the floor will help tremendously.

#262 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,715 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 05, 2017 - 05:22 AM

I also can see them moving Randle if the right deal comes along. Because I can see Randle benefiting from being with the second unit more than I can see Kuzma benefiting from it. Lonzo and Kuzma have great chemistry. Ingram has to get it together but Randle may be traded by the all-star break.

I honestly think Randle is as good as gone and i wouldn't be surprised if he's moved before the season starts. Any team that might have interest in the guy should know by now and if they aquire him now they may be able to flip him before the trade deadline if it doesn't work out.

I think the Lakers want to do what they can to keep Nance, but if they cant find a taker for Randle, they may end up moving Nance instead. Alternatively, we might see both Thomas Bryant and Zubac being sent to the D-League.

#263 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,398 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 05:29 AM

I honestly think Randle is as good as gone and i wouldn't be surprised if he's moved before the season starts. Any team that might have interest in the guy should know by now and if they aquire him now they may be able to flip him before the trade deadline if it doesn't work out.

I think the Lakers want to do what they can to keep Nance, but if they cant find a taker for Randle, they may end up moving Nance instead. Alternatively, we might see both Thomas Bryant and Zubac being sent to the D-League.

Pretty much.

I would hate for them to get rid of Nance, he's just a good dude who gives it all, great locker room guy.

Once Lopez and Bogut get back, the D-League would suit Zubac and Bryant best.

#264 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,288 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted October 05, 2017 - 06:21 AM

I know it's easy to get down on Randle bc I know I do it but he's much better than Nance.  I'd bet on Randle long before Nance.

• androsays, kball and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#265 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 05, 2017 - 06:39 AM

I know it's easy to get down on Randle bc I know I do it but he's much better than Nance.  I'd bet on Randle long before Nance.

One thing we can say with some certainty...Randle will be making A LOT more than Nance when they sign their next deals no matter where they end up

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#266 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,398 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 06:45 AM

No doubt, the difference is one is pegged as a starter and will expect a big fat payday, the other isn't a starter and wont cost the team much in addition one plays within the O.

#267 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,288 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 06:54 AM

Larry Nance is almost pedestrian for 80% of the time he plays.  Dude sleep walks through a game. 

• KidRN and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#268 Aykut Purde

Aykut Purde

Rookie

• 564 posts
  • Name:Aykut
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted October 05, 2017 - 07:33 AM

I love Nance but he is the biggest candidate for being Wesley Johnson 2.0. Still he is who he is, won't demand 20+ million and is a great glue guy. Randle is opposite. I trust Randle will be a solid starter but not in the scheme we are forcing him to play.

My latest game review: https://steemit.com/...-the-rescue-6-8

I am on Steemit! Writing both in english and turkish. I will try to write about Lakers, so follow me :) I also changed my name to my real name: Aykut Purde. I was nikolatesla before.

https://steemit.com/@aykutpurde

#269 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 05, 2017 - 08:18 AM

I love Nance but he is the biggest candidate for being Wesley Johnson 2.0. Still he is who he is, won't demand 20+ million and is a great glue guy. Randle is opposite. I trust Randle will be a solid starter but not in the scheme we are forcing him to play.

Wesley Johnson was drafted top five in his draft. Nance isnt a good player but he is nowhere near the disappointment that Johnson was.

#270 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,547 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 05, 2017 - 10:10 AM

That is a great comparison Rashad Lewis👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalki said rashad Lewis long before thank you very much

I didn’t see it sorry man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#271 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,547 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 05, 2017 - 10:14 AM

I love Nance but he is the biggest candidate for being Wesley Johnson 2.0. Still he is who he is, won't demand 20+ million and is a great glue guy. Randle is opposite. I trust Randle will be a solid starter but not in the scheme we are forcing him to play.Wesley Johnson was drafted top five in his draft. Nance isnt a good player but he is nowhere near the disappointment that Johnson was.

Wes Johnson reminds me of someone but it isn’t Nance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#272 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,680 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 05, 2017 - 10:34 AM

Lol. Ingram is not Wes Johnson.

#273 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 1,149 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted October 05, 2017 - 10:48 AM

not yet

lol jk fingers crossed
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#274 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,288 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 11:21 AM

Let's hope not. Nothing Ingram is doing looks promising.  Everyone is talking about the last 15 games or so from last year but it's mainly b/c his bar was so low.  He simply looked like a rookie come late in the year and not someone that belonged in the D League. 

#275 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 05, 2017 - 11:30 AM

Nance has probably been one of the most overrated Laker products in some time.

#276 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 11:50 AM

Nance has probably been one of the most overrated Laker products in some time.

If true he does join a pretty long list though

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#277 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,710 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 05, 2017 - 01:10 PM

Nance is cheap and probably will continue to be. Randle will be asking for big money and he's not a game changer at all. I think has a chance to find his place in this league as a good role player, but IDK if any team will want him with a big contract.
  • GCMD likes this

#278 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,795 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 05, 2017 - 03:35 PM

So Kyle Kuzma is averaging 21 points per game in 27 minutes. Very impressive.

I want to see how he responds when he's scouted against and players find his weaknesses. He's been our best player out there so far. 

#279 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted October 05, 2017 - 04:14 PM

I love his shot and composure. He knows what he wants to do as soon as he gets the ball.

#280 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted October 05, 2017 - 05:38 PM

Before preseason one of the questions Geeter on Spectrum asked Bres and i think the other guy was Ohm, was whether Kuz would put up 15 points.

IN ONE OF THE PRE SEASON GAMES!

Uh...yeah.

Walton has my okay to start the guy from game #1 once season gets underway.

Either forward position is fine by me

(BTW they both thought he would score 15 in one of them)

Edited by kball, October 05, 2017 - 05:40 PM.

READY FOR SEASON!!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users