#242 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,182 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 03, 2017 - 12:17 AM

2 preseason games and I'm already over Randle's play.

Stayed optimistic but despite all the weight he cut and footage of his shot mechanics being worked upon all Summer, I don't see anything about his game that's changed.  If anything he's gone back to the tunnel vision mentality down low.

If this continues, Kuzma better get that starting spot because he's outplaying every other forward on our roster and maybe even Ingram.

• FranklinPeanuts, kidpolean, ChichoGarcy and 1 other like this

#243 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,207 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted October 03, 2017 - 04:47 AM

2 preseason games and I'm already over Randle's play.

Stayed optimistic but despite all the weight he cut and footage of his shot mechanics being worked upon all Summer, I don't see anything about his game that's changed. If anything he's gone back to the tunnel vision mentality down low.

If this continues, Kuzma better get that starting spot because he's outplaying every other forward on our roster and maybe even Ingram.

I was attacked when I said this after the first game

I doubt Kuzma will be better than Ingram though. His shots just arent falling but he's getting good looks, getting by defenders, and playing good defense.

Edited by kidpolean, October 03, 2017 - 06:54 AM.

#244 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,222 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 03, 2017 - 05:34 AM

Start Kuz at PF... cut the damn cord already.

#245 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,123 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted October 03, 2017 - 06:59 AM

Start Kuz at PF... cut the damn cord already.

And the rebounding would come from where? Let's keep it real. Ingram doesn't look great either right now. Respectfully Kuz looks like the best forward so far but the crazy thing is Deng and Brewer look like 2 and 3. With their experience I guess they should.  I'm sure things will pan out but damn; I surely expected better from Randle and Ingram

#246 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted October 03, 2017 - 11:50 AM

I'm going to give this more time, especially on ingrams end, just because he's playing totally differently than he did last year which says to me to wait and see what's going on. Ingram is forcing his way in. Idk if it's intentional or not is what I'm saying

Randle still has time but kuzma is closing the gap. But I agree with one thing. If we bench Randle our rebounding is going to plummet to hell. I mean I'm talking lonzo might end up being the leading rebounder if Randle is benched.

Kuzma is earning time though.
Posted Image

#247 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,182 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 03, 2017 - 11:59 AM

I was attacked when I said this after the first game

I doubt Kuzma will be better than Ingram though. His shots just arent falling but he's getting good looks, getting by defenders, and playing good defense.

All I needed was these 2 preseason games to see that he hasn't improved in any facet of his game over this offseason.  He may be in better shape and he may have changed his shot (because I will admit that the form, release, and base look a bit different) However, he's still clearly a very unreliable shooter that has gained no respect from defenses thus limiting our spacing.

No doubt Ingram has the higher ceiling than Kuzma, however it's evident that Kuzma is already a bit more polished.  It's crazy how far under the radar he fell and how well his game has transitioned into the NBA.  He's one of those players that don't shine in College but their individual game and traits cross-over to the big leagues perfectly.

Kuzma's abilities that have caught my attention.

- Reliable spot up shot (his form is beautiful and his release is quick)

- Shot creating (I've seen a step-back or two that I didn't think he had but has shown it)

- Soft finish at the rim (has overall great feel around the rim, whether it be those sweeping hooks or tear drops)

- Defense (probably one of his weaker points but what I saw in Summer League against Tatum as well as guys like Wiggins against the T-Wolve's he looked solid)

I don't mind Kuzma coming off the bench, as long as he gets a good bulk of minutes i'll be satisfied.  Kid is a straight baller

• Olabebeh likes this

#248 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted October 03, 2017 - 04:00 PM

All I needed was these 2 preseason games to see that he hasn't improved in any facet of his game over this offseason. He may be in better shape and he may have changed his shot (because I will admit that the form, release, and base look a bit different) However, he's still clearly a very unreliable shooter that has gained no respect from defenses thus limiting our spacing.

No doubt Ingram has the higher ceiling than Kuzma, however it's evident that Kuzma is already a bit more polished. It's crazy how far under the radar he fell and how well his game has transitioned into the NBA. He's one of those players that don't shine in College but their individual game and traits cross-over to the big leagues perfectly.

Kuzma's abilities that have caught my attention.
- Reliable spot up shot (his form is beautiful and his release is quick)
- Shot creating (I've seen a step-back or two that I didn't think he had but has shown it)
- Soft finish at the rim (has overall great feel around the rim, whether it be those sweeping hooks or tear drops)
- Defense (probably one of his weaker points but what I saw in Summer League against Tatum as well as guys like Wiggins against the T-Wolve's he looked solid)

I don't mind Kuzma coming off the bench, as long as he gets a good bulk of minutes i'll be satisfied. Kid is a straight baller

Disagree on Randle not improving. In the first two games his mid range is much more consistent and his right hand is being used constantly

Don't mistake his lack of mental growth as a lack of skill growth. I definitely see work has been put in. Problem is when he gets the ball he's still a slow thinker. He reads the game slowly so what ends up happening is ball movement stagnates
  • LakeShow1o1 and kball like this
Posted Image

#249 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,175 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 03, 2017 - 04:05 PM

Ingram should be given 3 years -- similar to DLo.

As for Randle, this is pretty much it. Make or break for him.

#250 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,159 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 03, 2017 - 06:02 PM

DLo looked like an average NBA player from jump.  Ingram does not look like an NBA level starter by any means right now and really hasn't outside of a handful of games

Ingram should be given 3 years -- similar to DLo.

As for Randle, this is pretty much it. Make or break for him.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#251 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,779 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 03, 2017 - 06:47 PM

Would love seeing Kuzma start at the 4. He might be our best shooter outside of Lopez. Sad that some of our bigs are more efficient shooters than our guards lol.  

#252 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 2,012 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted October 03, 2017 - 06:55 PM

DLo looked like an average NBA player from jump.  Ingram does not look like an NBA level starter by any means right now and really hasn't outside of a handful of games

speaking of him, he had a nice game tonight. 

#253 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,779 posts

Posted October 03, 2017 - 07:38 PM

speaking of him, he had a nice game tonight. 

Definitely. Those shots were so smooth. 19 points in 20 minutes.

#254 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 04, 2017 - 06:28 AM

Would love seeing Kuzma start at the 4. He might be our best shooter outside of Lopez. Sad that some of our bigs are more efficient shooters than our guards lol.

Because of the rebounding that Randle provides I see Luke treating Kuzma like Phil did Lamar. He will be our 6th man coming off the bench but getting like 30 mins a game. Kuzma reminds me of Lamar/Rashard Lewis alot.

Edited by JayTheGreat, October 04, 2017 - 11:01 AM.

• Busty Bluth and MaceWindu like this

#255 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,941 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 04, 2017 - 10:35 AM

Because of the rebounding that Randle provides I see Luke treating Kuzma like Phil did Lamar. He will be our 6th man coming off the bench but getting like 30 mins a game. Kuzma reminds me of Lamar/Rashad Lewis alot.

That is a great comparison Rashad Lewis👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • MaceWindu likes this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#256 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,562 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 04, 2017 - 09:42 PM

Because of the rebounding that Randle provides I see Luke treating Kuzma like Phil did Lamar. He will be our 6th man coming off the bench but getting like 30 mins a game. Kuzma reminds me of Lamar/Rashard Lewis alot.

Yeah, Randle's rebounding is important and for all the [expletive] he takes regarding his defense - somewhat justified - he doesn't get enough credit for his rebounding. But i guess, much like with Kevin Love it is far easier to notice the missed defensive assignment, than the offensive rebound that doesn't happen.

Now with the way Kuzma plays i think he has to get significant minutes in the rotation and i dont know whether it's from the back-up 3 or 4 spot. Probbly both

#257 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,700 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 04, 2017 - 09:51 PM

That is a great comparison Rashad Lewis👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i said rashad Lewis long before thank you very much
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#258 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,086 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 05, 2017 - 03:47 AM

Near as i can tell, and this speaks volumes in my mind, Kuzma more than any other Laker so far defines our identity.

More than Ball.

More than Ingram.

More than Randle.

Now whether that continues is another question. And it will probably be Lonzo because he will have the ball so much of the time.

But for RIGHT NOW its clearly Kuz, like it or not

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#259 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,222 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 05, 2017 - 05:03 AM

I want to see:

Ball

KCP

BI

Kuz

Lopez

#260 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 05, 2017 - 05:07 AM

Yeah, Randle's rebounding is important and for all the [expletive] he takes regarding his defense - somewhat justified - he doesn't get enough credit for his rebounding. But i guess, much like with Kevin Love it is far easier to notice the missed defensive assignment, than the offensive rebound that doesn't happen.

Now with the way Kuzma plays i think he has to get significant minutes in the rotation and i dont know whether it's from the back-up 3 or 4 spot. Probbly both

I also can see them moving Randle if the right deal comes along. Because I can see Randle benefiting from being with the second unit more than I can see Kuzma benefiting from it. Lonzo and Kuzma have great chemistry. Ingram has to get it together but Randle may be traded by the all-star break.
  • LACAS likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)