Posted January 09, 2018 - 10:00 PM

11 say 1 TO
  • kray28 likes this

#1562 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,199 posts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 10:08 PM

He will be on the All defensive team by the time hes 25.

His defense has been rather surprising

Not the best on ball guy but he’s pretty solid there but he really does a very good job off the ball defensively
Posted Image

#1563 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 09, 2018 - 10:09 PM

His defense has been rather surprising

Not the best on ball guy but he’s pretty solid there but he really does a very good job off the ball defensively

His size
/
Long arms

#1564 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,199 posts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 10:13 PM

His size
/
Long arms

I thinks it’s moreso his instincts. He’s good at anticipating shots and passes to the point he gets quite a bit of deflections and blocks

You see it with his rebounding as well. He just has a nose for the ball
  • UKUGA likes this
Posted Image

#1565 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 09, 2018 - 10:25 PM

I thinks it’s moreso his instincts. He’s good at anticipating shots and passes to the point he gets quite a bit of deflections and blocks

well... yeah..
instincts + size
dude is huge for a PG
Gotta have both

Edited by Rekal, January 09, 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#1566 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,838 posts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 10:28 PM

Shot like [expletive] but otherwise it was a great game.

It’s clear Lonzo is a difference maker on the court, the intangibles he brings on both ends, especially for a rook, are impressive. Probably will never outright be our best player, but I could definitely see him being the most important. I mean, he arguably already is. Team plays completely different with him out there.
  • LACAS likes this

#1567 Tensai

Tensai

Hall Of Fame

• 8,899 posts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 10:36 PM

11 assists and only one turnover. That is the highlight of his game.

fXlFKv8.gif

#1568 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,199 posts

Posted January 09, 2018 - 11:01 PM

Shot like [expletive] but otherwise it was a great game.

It’s clear Lonzo is a difference maker on the court, the intangibles he brings on both ends, especially for a rook, are impressive. Probably will never outright be our best player, but I could definitely see him being the most important. I mean, he arguably already is. Team plays completely different with him out there.

I do believe we’d have a few more wins right now had ball not missed games. Not many. But a few

Depends on how you define best

Ball is doing more than he’s given credit for. Statistically he’s having a fine year. On par with Jason Kidd’s rookie year but a full year younger

Before anyone jumps up in arms I’m not saying he’s going to even be near jason Kidd. What I’m saying is he’s doing a solid job. He’s performing. He still has unlimited potential. And his rookie year is not a majority wash like Ingram’s was

Also I like was he does on the floor recently. He’s been controlling tempo very well for a solid month and a half now. He’s been making quicker decisions, more correct decisions, and most of all making consistent impact

If he can keep this growth up I think he’ll improve statistically very nicely and we’ll have a lot more hope going into next year.
  • Rekal and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#1569 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,853 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted January 10, 2018 - 06:30 AM

I do believe we’d have a few more wins right now had ball not missed games. Not many. But a few

Ball is doing more than he’s given credit for. Statistically he’s having a fine year. On par with Jason Kidd’s rookie year but a full year younger

Before anyone jumps up in arms I’m not saying he’s going to even be near jason Kidd. What I’m saying is he’s doing a solid job. He’s performing. He still has unlimited potential. And his rookie year is not a majority wash like Ingram’s was

Also I like was he does on the floor recently. He’s been controlling tempo very well for a solid month and a half now. He’s been making quicker decisions, more correct decisions, and most of all making consistent impact

If he can keep this growth up I think he’ll improve statistically very nicely and we’ll have a lot more hope going into next year.

THIS.

#1570 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,853 posts

Posted January 10, 2018 - 06:31 AM

What up Zo! I see you and we feel you... Ball'er!

#1571 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,928 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 10, 2018 - 06:51 AM

Yep. 

His "innate" sense of the game, doesn't just help him on offense.   He knows what guys are going to do, and what should happen.  He uses that to his advantage on the defensive end. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#1572 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,928 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 10, 2018 - 06:55 AM

There's no secret:  the team fell apart after he went down.

After that tough 4-game stretch, he got hurt and we started losing home games to teams we should or could have beaten.  (Portland, Memphis, Clippers, etc.)

Lonzo is the key to this team. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#1573 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 2,853 posts

Posted January 10, 2018 - 07:38 AM

There's no secret:  the team fell apart after he went down.

After that tough 4-game stretch, he got hurt and we started losing home games to teams we should or could have beaten.  (Portland, Memphis, Clippers, etc.)

Shhhhh youre going to wake them up ;)

• UKUGA and Rekal like this

#1574 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,199 posts

Posted January 10, 2018 - 12:53 PM

There's no secret: the team fell apart after he went down.

After that tough 4-game stretch, he got hurt and we started losing home games to teams we should or could have beaten. (Portland, Memphis, Clippers, etc.)

It’s an example of how much more of an impact he makes than previously realized

I compare him to carson wentz. People hyped up carson but there were a lot of doubters. Before he went down the eagles were easily the most dynamic team in football. But since he went down they look ok offensively. His impact was so much more than just as a passer. He did so many little things with his legs and IQ at the line of scrimmage that killed opposing defenses. Eagles were unstoppable with him at qb

I see similar impact from lonzo. Something about him affects the rest of the team. Especially the last 1.5-2 months
  • UKUGA likes this
Posted Image

#1575 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,041 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 11, 2018 - 09:54 PM

Not the most talented guy in the roster (Kuz, BI), yet the most important one. Period. Love the kid.

Edited by ChichoGarcy, January 11, 2018 - 09:55 PM.

#1576 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,199 posts

Posted January 11, 2018 - 09:57 PM

Not the most talented guy in the roster (Kuz, BI), yet the most important one. Period. Love the kid.

I mean. The disparity is pretty minimal. He’s pretty talented
  • UKUGA, MaceWindu, Rekal and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#1577 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,838 posts

Posted January 11, 2018 - 10:47 PM

Bust.

#1578 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,838 posts

Posted January 11, 2018 - 10:52 PM

Lonzo will be elite at 3 things. Controlling the pace, playmaking/court vision and I’m leaning towards putting defense up there. He’s s GOOD defender already for a rookie. That’s astonishing. Not for rookie standards...for NBA standards he is an impactful defender. Good on ball but great off of it. Puts forth the effort and has a knack for the ball.

If his shot continues to improve the way it has these last 15 games. Maaaan.
  • LACAS likes this

#1579 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,126 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 12, 2018 - 02:26 AM

I think he's still a baby in terms of nba shape. His 3rd year and Ingrams 4th could be special...
  • LACAS likes this

#1580 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,862 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 12, 2018 - 04:29 AM

He is pretty impressive. The difference with him on the court versus without him is enormous. If he can’t get his shot down and just improves on the stuff he is good at he will be a productive player and if his shot improves he has the opportunity to be truly special. People hating on him aren’t watching.
  • UKUGA, Rekal and LACAS like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users