#1501 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 23, 2017 - 03:40 PM

that's nice and all but I kinda miss the old days where the enemy is anyone who isn't your teamate. You never talked about an opponent in such a positive manner. It wasn't about rainbows and unicorns. You wanted to destroy them.

People forget that this a work place.
One day you’re tossing balls in Kobe’s face .. the next you’re helping him win games. The guys still wanna win but, a lot of them admire one another’s games or have mutual friends, agents, trainers. I enjoy when dudes have beef too though

Edited by Rekal, December 23, 2017 - 03:49 PM.

• MaceWindu likes this

#1502 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,071 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 24, 2017 - 04:14 PM

Bummed to hear Ball will be out tomorrow and possibly a week due to a shoulder sprain... just when he seemed to be getting his confidence back in his shot and gaining comfort in the game.

Edited by LACAS, December 24, 2017 - 04:15 PM.

• UKUGA likes this

#1503 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,478 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted December 25, 2017 - 01:34 AM

Agreed

#1504 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 238 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 25, 2017 - 02:25 AM

that's nice and all but I kinda miss the old days where the enemy is anyone who isn't your teamate. You never talked about an opponent in such a positive manner. It wasn't about rainbows and unicorns. You wanted to destroy them.

I don’t miss it, though some teams do still develop heated rivalries, and then some players genuinely dislike each other. When it’s not like that, they still want to "destroy" each other, but for the right reasons. With mutual respect, they want to compete at the highest level. To win as a team is all the incentive needed and is the higher calling.

It’s actually pretty refreshing to see some young athletes who are more mature and respectful, and established stars fostering their growth regardless of team affiliation. It’s almost like there could be hope for future generations.

• dazz likes this

#1505 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted December 25, 2017 - 04:56 AM

Bummed to hear Ball will be out tomorrow and possibly a week due to a shoulder sprain... just when he seemed to be getting his confidence back in his shot and gaining comfort in the game.

First i'm hearing this.

Is BI also still out?

Lopez?

We need to start winning some games before team wide malaise sets in and begins to rot the team

Edited by kball, December 25, 2017 - 04:57 AM.

• UKUGA likes this

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1506 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,071 posts

Posted December 25, 2017 - 06:05 AM

First i'm hearing this.

http://www.espn.com/...-angeles-lakers

#1507 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,458 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2017 - 01:40 AM

lonzo we need u back

• UKUGA, kray28 and LACAS like this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#1508 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,848 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 29, 2017 - 10:19 PM

Lonzo Ball will not make the trip to Houston and Minneapolis, the Lakers say.

#1509 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 2,071 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2017 - 10:29 PM

Get ready for more [expletive]ty basketball

#1510 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,150 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:10 AM

So is it clear to everyone yet the impact Lonzo has on this team?

Offense is borderline unwatchable without him in there. He’s constantly pushing the tempo and creating mismatches by allowing us to play 4 on 3 or 3 on 2 instead of 5 of 5 where it’s much harder for us to score. Creates easy transition points for us and gets everyone involved. Ball movement is also much more fluid with him in there.

Clear as day. I don’t want to hear anything about how he looks non existent on the court again this season.

We’re seeing Lonzo’s value to this team, and while it’s great that he has that kind of impact, it’s unacceptable for our offense to completely fall apart like this due to one injury. It was never great to begin with, but at least it was watchable.

Edited by Massacre, December 30, 2017 - 12:17 AM.

• FranklinPeanuts, UKUGA, kray28 and 5 others like this

#1511 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,458 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2017 - 01:14 AM

Offense is borderline unwatchable without him in there. He’s constantly pushing the tempo and creating mismatches by allowing us to play 4 on 3 or 3 on 2 instead of 5 of 5 where it’s much harder for us to score. Creates easy transition points for us and gets everyone involved. Ball movement is also much more fluid with him in there.

Clear as day. I don’t want to hear anything about how he looks non existent on the court again this season.

We’re seeing Lonzo’s value to this team, and while it’s great that he has that kind of impact, it’s unacceptable for our offense to completely fall apart like this due to one injury. It was never great to begin with, but at least it was watchable.

sooo true!

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#1512 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,071 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 06:18 AM

This.

• kray28 likes this

#1513 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 30, 2017 - 11:50 AM

This.

True. It’s gonna get harder and harder to down play him

#1514 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,449 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:05 PM

True. It’s gonna get harder and harder to down play him

Not if you live in the real world and understand basketball.

There is like 4 people that constantly try to talk this guy up. If he was truly doing something, the whole forum would be doing it. ESPN, NBA TV, and TNT would acknowledge it! They give Simmons his props, hell they do it for Kuzma as well and he is a Laker. But for some weird reason everyone just wants to hate on Ball...right? Lmao, that makes no sense. The same crap was said about Russell. It didn't make sense then, and it doesn't make sense now. I haven't seen them unfairly judge any rookie this season. They clowned Fultz because he deserved it. You play well, and people will acknowledge it. It's that simple.

This is why I'm not even gonna comment on him anymore. It's the same thing that was done with Russell. Seriously go back and read the Russell thread, it's nearly identical.

Laker fans should be worried about how terrible this team is but instead we simply have people that are obsessed with rookies and being right as if they are paid to be a scout.

Edited by KidRN, December 30, 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#1515 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,478 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:12 PM

They acknowledge Lonzo's intangibles and strengths while ultra focus WAS put on his jumper until it improved
  • Rekal likes this

#1516 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,478 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:12 PM

Can't wait for his return
  • MaceWindu likes this

#1517 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,449 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:17 PM

They acknowledge Lonzo's intangibles and strengths while ultra focus WAS put on his jumper until it improved

They've said similar things to the stuff I've posted. Other aspects of Ball's game have been talked about, not just his shooting. Shooting has been the focus on this forum because people refuse to even state that there may be other faults in his game. Stats are hard to deny, so shooting has become the focus. Being lazy and not doing anything for 3/4 of a game is hard to prove. Being a liability in the half court is hard to prove unless we all sit down and watch games together. Having your man sag so far off of you that he easily covers passing lanes is hard to prove. The rockets game is the best example of this and yet people on here said he had a good game lmao. Nobody on the rockets cared that he was even on the court until the 4th quarter.

Edited by KidRN, December 30, 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#1518 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,449 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:18 PM

Can't wait for his return

I'm sure every laker fan wants him to return. We all want him to succeed because this team desperately needs a star.

#1519 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted December 30, 2017 - 12:33 PM

Rather be competitive WITH Lonzo, than blown out WITHOUT him no matter how many boxes he doesn't check off for you like Kobe did

Edited by kball, December 30, 2017 - 12:34 PM.

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1520 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,449 posts

Posted December 30, 2017 - 01:21 PM

Rather be competitive WITH Lonzo, than blown out WITHOUT him no matter how many boxes he doesn't check off for you like Kobe did

1. How is Kobe relevant to any discussion about Ball?

2. I never said I'd rather not have Ball play...I never said anything even close to that

3. Our worse loss this season was against Houston and Ball played like [expletive]

4. Lopez has also not been playing

Let's not make things up. This roster has had more issues than Ball being out. We played without a C last game!

Edited by KidRN, December 30, 2017 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users