1715 replies to this topic

#1481 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,721 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 22, 2017 - 10:25 PM

POPULAR

Lonzo's shooting 47.1% from 3PT range over his last 5, on 6.8 attempts per game.

tenor.gif

• FranklinPeanuts,    , Tensai and 7 others like this

#1482 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,465 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 22, 2017 - 11:48 PM

My boy lonzito

#1483 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,784 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 23, 2017 - 01:02 AM

5 of 6 from 3 is pretty good for someone who apparantly cant shoot.

Nice to see the haters shut the [expletive] up for once.
  • MaceWindu, dazz and LACAS like this

#1484 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,265 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 23, 2017 - 01:10 AM

I'm not gonna lie, I was so skeptical of his perimeter jumper after the horrendous start but a large part of me knew it was a mental thing.

Glad to see him back on track and gaining more and more confidence game by game.

The light-skin connection + BI is our future.  Add a perennial All-Star (PG13) and we're a playoff team.  2 stars, and who knows where we can get.

• Olabebeh and LACAS like this

#1485 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,301 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 23, 2017 - 01:42 AM

• Olabebeh likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#1486 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,534 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted December 23, 2017 - 04:42 AM

It was just a matter of time; Zo has been hitting those shots all his life, it was simply a matter of confidence...

• M.X.M. and Rekal like this

#1487 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,763 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted December 23, 2017 - 06:08 AM

I'm going to wait until defenses start going over screens every time to defend his 3 now that stats say he's improving before i'm sold on his accuracy.

Still needs quite a bit more time to get shot off.

But what a diff a couple of weeks seems to have made and in the meat of the schedule too.

Nicely done Ball. Nicely done.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1488 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,600 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 23, 2017 - 06:47 AM

Solid game by Ball, much better than that crap he pulled against the Rockets. He needs to stay aggressive and learn to drive and kick. His shooting seems to be improving but this is only a small sample and he is barely being guarded on the perimeter.

I want to see him play like a pass first pg. He doesn't know who he is and plays differently damn near every game.

This was probably my favorite Lonzo game this season, even though we lost.

Luke tell this kid to DRIVE!

Edited by KidRN, December 23, 2017 - 06:48 AM.

• PhillyLaker24 and LACAS like this

#1489 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,192 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted December 23, 2017 - 07:58 AM

Solid game by Ball, much better than that crap he pulled against the Rockets. He needs to stay aggressive and learn to drive and kick. His shooting seems to be improving but this is only a small sample and he is barely being guarded on the perimeter.

I want to see him play like a pass first pg. He doesn't know who he is and plays differently damn near every game.

This was probably my favorite Lonzo game this season, even though we lost.

Luke tell this kid to DRIVE!

This. IDK why people are happy with him taking all these shots. We are at our best when he is orchestrating first then scoring second. I would be fine with less than 10 shots a game so he can hit that 10 assist mark which is easy for him. He played great though, but I like to see him dishing more than trying to shoot. 

I still don't think he can shoot. If he proves me wrong good.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, December 23, 2017 - 07:59 AM.

• KidRN likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#1490 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,763 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 10:45 AM

I'm not worried anymore about Lonzo.

Matter of when, not if.

He seems destined to impact games, if not each and every one like stars do yet.

Couple things.

1. Lonzo scored 9 points in last 6 minutes of 4th quarter. Not easy to do vs great team.

2. Announcer on espn said Lonzo hadn't had a 4th quarter field goal IN A MONTH before this game.

(Had some overtime baskets but not final period hoops)

Found that troubling but there were a handful of games he also didn't get back in in 4th.

Still...

Rookie and getting better.

I like the kid a lot and look forward to his career here

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1491 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,897 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 11:16 AM

Lonzo doesn’t need to play like anything. Lonzo needs to just tighten his game up and read the defense

He’s shown already that he’s capable of penetrating so that’s a positive. He’s a pretty damn good athlete, I believe better than advertised in that category
  • LakeShow1o1, Rekal and LACAS like this
Posted Image

#1492 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,265 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted December 23, 2017 - 12:47 PM

Lonzo doesn’t need to play like anything. Lonzo needs to just tighten his game up and read the defense

He’s shown already that he’s capable of penetrating so that’s a positive. He’s a pretty damn good athlete, I believe better than advertised in that category

Agreed.

Considering the style of play that Luke is emphasizing, there isn't really a TYPE of way Lonzo needs to play.  Read and react is the way to go and he's more than capable of doing so being that he's a pretty high IQ player.

Increasing his aggressiveness offensively will benefit teammates though and it'll open up more quality looks.  He's slowly making better reads and it's evident cause he's taking more jumpers when the defense sags/goes under.

#1493 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,897 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 01:03 PM

Agreed.

Considering the style of play that Luke is emphasizing, there isn't really a TYPE of way Lonzo needs to play. Read and react is the way to go and he's more than capable of doing so being that he's a pretty high IQ player.

Increasing his aggressiveness offensively will benefit teammates though and it'll open up more quality looks. He's slowly making better reads and it's evident cause he's taking more jumpers when the defense sags/goes under.

Exactly. It’s as simple as reading the defense. It’s kinda the difference between kobe and lebron. Kobe was 70-30 almost in terms of how often he would attack the defense. Even when guarded. Lebron is kinda what I’d like to see ball emulate which is 50/50. What I mean with that is lebron is always 50/50 and he’ll either attack or create based on what the defense gives him. Kobe’s 70/30 meaning he wants to attack and score but will pass

I think certain players should remain 50/50 guys. I know it sounds like all players should but I disagree. Durant for example should always be in attack mode. Lebron asserts himself sometimes but usually it’s if the defense sags he’ll shoot, if they jump the screen he’ll drive, if they collapse he’ll kick if the big steps up he’ll pass it down low

I’m not saying ball is lebron lol before that happens. I just think ball shouldn’t approach his game like I’m a pass first PG so that’s what I’ll do. The reason why is when you watch him between his body and athleticism you notice that if he develops his skill set he could score probably very consistently. He’s long, fast, can bounce, and is ambidextrous

So I’d like to see him just read the defense. If the defense is giving him the score then I’d like to see him attack if not get 10 assists

He’s a very good physical prospect. I also wanna see him finish stronger. We’ve seen hints of it. He seems to have the potential to be a nasty finisher.
Posted Image

#1494 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,763 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 01:25 PM

You lost me with all the math

Exactly. It’s as simple as reading the defense. It’s kinda the difference between kobe and lebron. Kobe was 70-30 almost in terms of how often he would attack the defense. Even when guarded. Lebron is kinda what I’d like to see ball emulate which is 50/50. What I mean with that is lebron is always 50/50 and he’ll either attack or create based on what the defense gives him. Kobe’s 70/30 meaning he wants to attack and score but will pass

I think certain players should remain 50/50 guys. I know it sounds like all players should but I disagree. Durant for example should always be in attack mode. Lebron asserts himself sometimes but usually it’s if the defense sags he’ll shoot, if they jump the screen he’ll drive, if they collapse he’ll kick if the big steps up he’ll pass it down low

I’m not saying ball is lebron lol before that happens. I just think ball shouldn’t approach his game like I’m a pass first PG so that’s what I’ll do. The reason why is when you watch him between his body and athleticism you notice that if he develops his skill set he could score probably very consistently. He’s long, fast, can bounce, and is ambidextrous

So I’d like to see him just read the defense. If the defense is giving him the score then I’d like to see him attack if not get 10 assists

He’s a very good physical prospect. I also wanna see him finish stronger. We’ve seen hints of it. He seems to have the potential to be a nasty finisher.

Edited by kball, December 23, 2017 - 01:25 PM.

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1495 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,600 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 01:26 PM

Im not saying he needs to be a complete scorer or a complete passer, he needs to find a balance and stick with it. His biggest stregnth is passing, that's what he needs to focus on. Nash could score, but he knew that his team was best when he was distributing.

I hate this offense. This is not what Ball needs. He needs the ball in his hands. If MDA had Ball, he'd be averaging double digit assists right now. There is no reason for him not to be. People call me a hater but I said earlier this season that I could see him averaging 12 assists a game, although that would likely mean we are losing a lot. There is no logical reason for Clarkson to come in a game and dominate the ball while Lonzo plays off ball.

Luke is not the coach for this team. Our defense has improved but our offense should be much better given the talent we have.

Edited by KidRN, December 23, 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#1496 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,897 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 01:36 PM

Im not saying he needs to be a complete scorer or a complete passer, he needs to find a balance and stick with it. His biggest stregnth is passing, that's what he needs to focus on. Nash could score, but he knew that his team was best when he was distributing.

I hate this offense. This is not what Ball needs. He needs the ball in his hands. If MDA had Ball, he'd be averaging double digit assists right now. There is no reason for him not to be. People call me a hater but I said earlier this season that I could see him averaging 12 assists a game, although that would likely mean we are losing a lot. There is no logical reason for Clarkson to come in a game and dominate the ball while Lonzo plays off ball.

Luke is not the coach for this team. Our defense has improved but our offense should be much better given the talent we have.

Well from my perspective we just aren’t running nearly enough pick and roll with who we have. And we have a bad offensive fit at SG. If we had a more adept offensive guy at SG I think we’d see a big improvement just by that

Lonzo should have the ball more but I wouldn’t want the ball out of kuzma and Ingram’s hands too much either

I agree lonzos biggest strength was as a passer but I think unlike Nash he’s just a better physical specimen.

Nash became a hall of famer almost entirely on basketball IQ and skill

Imagine Lonzo Ball 15-20lbs stronger and another offseason of nba training meaning being faster. And just a more mature body overall

He’d be a nightmare for opposing PGs which is why I agree he needs to just read the defense because a physically mature Lonzo Ball May become an absolute matchup nightmare. Which is why you have to get an offensive player at SG. Otherwise I see teams putting SGs on Lonzo Ball in the future if he becomes a scoring threat
  • LACAS likes this
Posted Image

#1497 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,534 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 01:58 PM

Our defense has improved but our offense should be much better given the talent we have.

So we have talent? ;)

Edited by LACAS, December 23, 2017 - 01:58 PM.

#1498 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,600 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 02:05 PM

So we have talent? ;)

Yea we have enough to have a fun team. We can't contend though obviously. With our youth, this team should be more exciting.
  • LACAS likes this

#1499 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,534 posts

Posted December 23, 2017 - 02:17 PM

Yea we have enough to have a fun team. We can't contend though obviously. With our youth, this team should be more exciting.

I agree and this is why I preach patience, the talent is there, its just a matter of A) time and B) signing star FA's.

IMO I think this team is pretty exciting I mean for the lack of experience and maturity we are competing with the best of them.

• Rekal likes this

#1500 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,976 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 23, 2017 - 02:28 PM

that's nice and all but I kinda miss the old days where the enemy is anyone who isn't your teamate. You never talked about an opponent in such a positive manner. It wasn't about rainbows and unicorns. You wanted to destroy them.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Alexa (1), Bing (1)