1112 replies to this topic

#1101 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,343 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted Today, 06:34 AM

Among the most impressive things about early Lonzo is all the Blocked Shots.

I cant remember a laker rookie guard with close to as many as Lonzo seems to be getting.

(Eddie Jones maybe?)

• Busty Bluth, M.X.M. and MaceWindu like this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#1102 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,305 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Today, 07:37 AM

Zo will be fine, his shot struggled off the gate (still is) but he's been doing everything else well... as I said previously its all about his confidence, the rest will follow.... If I were Zo I would attack the basket more, draw contact and go for the easy bucket while he finds his shot.

• Saber, BORNINLA and MaceWindu like this

#1103 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,887 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted Today, 08:52 AM

I was impressed by Lonzo hustle and little things.

Blocking shots, tapping the ball to Lopez, going in for the 2nd help.

All I want to ball to do is push the pace.
  • Busty Bluth, BORNINLA and LACAS like this

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#1104 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,315 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted Today, 10:29 AM

His defense has looked a lot better than I expected. He’s definitely above average defensively for a rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • LACAS likes this

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#1105 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,476 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Today, 11:19 AM

And the most stupid and clickbait tweet of the day goes to...

https://twitter.com/...635576641183744

#1106 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,674 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Today, 11:33 AM

And the most stupid and clickbait tweet of the day goes to...

https://twitter.com/...635576641183744

Lonzo is the new Kobe. Didn't take the media long to start the hate. It's going to get worse the better he gets. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#1107 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,857 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted Today, 12:33 PM

Zo will be fine, his shot struggled off the gate (still is) but he's been doing everything else well... as I said previously its all about his confidence, the rest will follow.... If I were Zo I would attack the basket more, draw contact and go for the easy bucket while he finds his shot.

Zo isn't good at drawing fouls yet. He has the potential of being a good finisher around the basket, but as far as drawing fouls - I haven't seen anything consistent yet.

#1108 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,857 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted Today, 12:38 PM

Swishout always brings relevant content. He is right about a lot of stuff.

#1109 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted Today, 12:53 PM

His shot not falling has been a negative but, the silver, maybe bronze lining in it is he has had to use his defense, rebounding, passing to effect games and shown that he can do all those things well. It’s a good lesson to take from a bad situation.

9pts 7 rebs 7ast
If that shot starts falling at a decent clip OooOo

Edited by Rekal, Today, 12:55 PM.

#1110 dazz

dazz

• 1,199 posts

Posted Today, 01:02 PM

Zo would obviously benefit immensely from adding muscle as far as finishing at the rim is concerned. That and learn how to cheat and take 3 steps like most guys do when they drive.

If on top of that he can hit 3's at a good clip like he did in college, there's a star in the making. Can he do it with his current form in the NBA? If not, can he change it? I have no idea to be honest

Edited by dazz, Today, 01:02 PM.

hsl17b.jpg

#1111 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,374 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted Today, 02:05 PM

Lol did you guys read this?

https://www.cbssport...etty-deceiving/

#1112 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,229 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Today, 02:30 PM

I'm a huge Lonzo fan and have been a supporter of his from the get-go, but to be quite frank... the numbers can be deceiving.  Watching games, a lot of what Lonzo does goes unnoticed and sometimes I can hardly recognize his impact on the floor.  I've been impressed with his defense and it's probably the biggest surprise in terms of what he's been able to improve upon in comparison to his collegiate game, but everything else has been quite underwhelming.

While he does have an eye for the ball and is a guard that can go up and grab a board at will, a lot of it has to do with our team simply not having a solid post player in there to grab them.  His rebounding numbers are inflated because guys like Brook and Kuzma just aren't exactly board crashers.  

I'm still waiting for a larger impact on the offensive end.  At 6'6, a solid handle, and amazing passing vision, the guy has to penetrate more in order to create more opportunities for teammates.  Luke's system may somewhat prohibit this since he seems to not want the ball sticking on a single player but it just feels really strange watching Laker basketball.  With DLo last year, atleast you knew that there were spurts in which he tried to dictate the half-court set and create, but Lonzo in the half-court and creating has been nearly non-existent.

We all questioned his half-court game because the sample size was so little at UCLA.  That sample size hasn't changed unfortunately.  I wouldn't even label Lonzo as a point guard right now.  There are times in which I feel like he'd produce at a higher rate if he played alongside another playmaking guard. 

Edited by LakeShow1o1, Today, 02:33 PM.

• KidRN likes this

#1113 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,344 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted Today, 02:40 PM

I'm a huge Lonzo fan and have been a supporter of his from the get-go, but to be quite frank... the numbers can be deceiving.  Watching games, a lot of what Lonzo does goes unnoticed and sometimes I can hardly recognize his impact on the floor.  I've been impressed with his defense and it's probably the biggest surprise in terms of what he's been able to improve upon in comparison to his collegiate game, but everything else has been quite underwhelming.

While he does have an eye for the ball and is a guard that can go up and grab a board at will, a lot of it has to do with our team simply not having a solid post player in there to grab them.  His rebounding numbers are inflated because guys like Brook and Kuzma just aren't exactly board crashers.  

I'm still waiting for a larger impact on the offensive end.  At 6'6, a solid handle, and amazing passing vision, the guy has to penetrate more in order to create more opportunities for teammates.  Luke's system may somewhat prohibit this since he seems to not want the ball sticking on a single player but it just feels really strange watching Laker basketball.  With DLo last year, atleast you knew that there were spurts in which he tried to dictate the half-court set and create, but Lonzo in the half-court and creating has been nearly non-existent.

We all questioned his half-court game because the sample size was so little at UCLA.  That sample size hasn't changed unfortunately.  I wouldn't even label Lonzo as a point guard right now.  There are times in which I feel like he'd produce at a higher rate if he played alongside another playmaking guard.

Agree 100%

9 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

KidRN, Bing (1)