LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 12, 2017 - 04:54 PM

So Lonzo isn't a bust? 

Edited by LACAS, November 12, 2017 - 04:54 PM.

#942 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 12, 2017 - 08:11 PM

So Lonzo isn't a bust?

Only time will tell. Honestly, I didnt expect much from him and being a bust or not depends on the expectations for that player. He os the player that I initially thought he was so he technically isnt a bust to me.

#943 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,718 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 13, 2017 - 11:42 AM

Only time will tell. Honestly, I didnt expect much from him and being a bust or not depends on the expectations for that player. He os the player that I initially thought he was so he technically isnt a bust to me.

wow talk about back pedaling
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#944 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,183 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 13, 2017 - 03:43 PM

Because Randle is a bum regardless. It's his contract year, don't be fooled.

He is a bum if you are trying to compare him to a number one guy. However, Randle is a guy that has a role on a team not as a top 2 option but as an energy player that can give you a lot of different things. The PnR with him and Lonzo has looked good all year, and isnt Lonzo a piece of the future? Why would Randle not be a part of that when he clearly works well with Lonzo in one of the most efficient ways to run an offense? 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 13, 2017 - 03:43 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#945 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 978 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 13, 2017 - 04:38 PM

He is a bum if you are trying to compare him to a number one guy. However, Randle is a guy that has a role on a team not as a top 2 option but as an energy player that can give you a lot of different things. The PnR with him and Lonzo has looked good all year, and isnt Lonzo a piece of the future? Why would Randle not be a part of that when he clearly works well with Lonzo in one of the most efficient ways to run an offense?

BECAUSE TWO MAX FREE AGENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

He’s not a scrub.
I don’t believe that “contract” year excuse either.
He’s playing better cause of his role
I believe his conditioning, nba experience has helped him as well
  • BasketballIQ likes this

#946 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 05:06 PM

wow talk about back pedaling

Back pedaling from what?

He's a third option type player which is what I've always said he would be. To be a bust, I'd have to have expected him to be more than that but I didn't. Fultz looks like he may be a future bust because I expected much more from him.

You took my bust talk of Ball way to seriously. I thought everyone knew I was playing around.

I dont believe that Ive ever seriously mentioned the word "bust" when speaking about Ball.

Edited by KidRN, November 13, 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#947 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 05:07 PM

Randle was never a bum. He's been pretty consistent as a double double guy. His problem is team play and not playing out of control. Maybe he's turned it around maybe he hasn't. He's a relic PF which is why he is more comfortable at center because he gets lost outside of the paint and at PF you're outside of the paint.

I think he could be a valuable player on a roster
  • Rekal likes this
Posted Image

#948 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,738 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 05:14 PM

Also with lonzo, I think he's got pretty limitless potential. It all depends on his physical growth and his skill growth. He's got a ton of really nice tools. But he's got some real speed bumps in his game. That shot first and foremost and then his change of speed. He's very fast end to end but his quick twitch isn't what you'd necessarily consider elite or even good

But I like that he finishes with both hands already (huge) and that he at least has very nice top end speed and ball handling. His height helps as well

He's got a ton of work though. If he does it I think he could be a 15-20ppg 10-12apg guy. Who knows
Posted Image

• 43,864 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 08:23 PM

Zero seconds in the fourth. Some speculate he may have gotten hurt earlier in the game. Trudell say anything? Anyone?

yo.

#950 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 978 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 13, 2017 - 08:34 PM

Zero seconds in the fourth. Some speculate he may have gotten hurt earlier in the game. Trudell say anything? Anyone?

He broke his shot.

#951 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,475 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 13, 2017 - 08:36 PM

Same question here 👆

#952 KidRN

KidRN

Superstar

• 8,343 posts

Posted November 13, 2017 - 08:44 PM

I think his play was enough of a justification to bench him.

Edited by KidRN, November 13, 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#953 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,336 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 14, 2017 - 05:02 AM

I think his play was enough of a justification to bench him.

Another possibility in addition to his play not warranting it...Walton looking ahead to matchup wed w B Simmons which should garner more buzz?

(Also, and lets be real here, his brother is involved in an international incident that may or may not resolve quickly. But short of family being murdered or badly injured...this is pretty bad. Let this be a lesson to all you young fellas...if you're going to steal do it in Canada)

Edited by kball, November 14, 2017 - 05:04 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#954 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 09:13 AM

I was kidding, just messing with the Ball bashers, thats all...

#955 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,299 posts

Posted November 14, 2017 - 09:15 AM

I dont think Ball is or will be a bust... I think the expectations and comparisons are/were unrealistic and premature.... I think the hate for the Lakers and his Dad play into the heavy criticism in addition his shot not falling isn't helping his case. That said the kid will be good, people need to understand that Zo wasn't brought here as a scoring threat, once they realize this in addition to him being 20 years old with 14 games under his belt then they might be able to appreciate the youngest to ever record a triple double who is changing the culture of the organization and bringing back TEAM game. 

Edited by LACAS, November 14, 2017 - 04:54 PM.

• 43,864 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:19 PM

Horrid body language to top it off. Teammates up and cheering on the bench EXCEPT for him and only him. Luke did right in benching him the entire fourth again. How many more humilities must Lonzo need to take before he breaks the [expletive] out of this and or realizes if it's broke (IT IS!), FIX IT!!!
  • Jackson likes this

yo.

#957 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,475 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:33 PM

Agreed on the body language, I noticed that and didn't like it at all. When you're having a bad game you try to contribute in the things you still can. He just didn't. I mean, it's not only about his shooting anymore, I'm starting to worry about his confidence, he was killing us when he was on the floor tonight.

• 43,864 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:36 PM

This somewhat reminded me of his outing against Kentucky (last college game) when he seemed not mentally there at all for the most part, of course later documented in large part due to his Mother's condition, but I don't think he had that reason or justification today.

yo.

#959 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,475 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:39 PM

Well, at least he doen't make any excuses
ad54eeeb6f15c86cb5e6652439c12134.jpg

• 43,864 posts

Posted November 15, 2017 - 10:42 PM

Yes. That should never happen again. Complete F for failure as any semblance of a leader tonight.

yo.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

DanishLakerFan