1126 replies to this topic

#901 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 10, 2017 - 05:44 AM

I’d Buy the crap about in his head if he had shot it poorly for 2-3 games .. but 11 games in, not only it looks bad but the misses are bad ones. And that he cant go with the ball to right and pull-up is something that annoys me, maybe cause Kobe spoiled me but still has to fix that shot otherwise for me he is a benchguy..

Couple things...

1. Luke has to sell the other guys on team on a chance to pad their offensive rebounding stats! Guaranteed 8+ misses alone from Lonzo.

2. I'm a little concerned a few of our guys may suffer concussion protocols as Lonzos shots go ricocheting off the backboard every which way

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#902 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 10, 2017 - 10:17 AM

Maaaaaaaaaaan,

I dont know how it is with you but this topic on Lonzo is really pissing me off

Here in germany, on several sports boards like this on here, all german suckers are bashing lonzo and his lack of nba play and his poor shooting etc.

To be honest, I can not hear it .. Wether its stephen a smith, skip or those TNT Guys Shaq, Charles etc.

Everyone is on Lonzos balls and they are kicking him..

MAN CALM THE [expletive] DOWN!!!!!!!!! THIS KID IS 20...........

• GCMD and ChichoGarcy like this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#903 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Rookie

• 239 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 10, 2017 - 10:27 AM

Maaaaaaaaaaan,

Here in germany, on several sports boards like this on here, all german suckers are bashing lonzo and his lack of nba play and his poor shooting etc.

To be honest, I can not hear it .. Wether its stephen a smith, skip or those TNT Guys Shaq, Charles etc.

I wouldnt say lack of nba play, his Stats in Rebs and Ast say otherwise. The expectations in todays NBA is that everyone needs to shoot 3s because of GS. Lonzo has had many wide open looks and he is hesitant to take them. Lavar Ball was wrong, he might not be built for this. He is going to get this year and the first half of next year to show something or he is gone. Honestly the Lakers could have another 2-3 Ws if Lonzo could shoot from 3 or any of the Lakers for that matter.

#904 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 11:24 AM

otoh

he's having a better 1st year than BI and randle already

• LACAS likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#905 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,354 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 10, 2017 - 03:28 PM

What does him being 20 have to do with him being a horrible shooter? We all knew this would happen. I called it before the draft. I specifically said Lonzo would shoot like [expletive] if it's not changed. He can't get the shot off without being wide open or doing that lunge back. This isn't the NCAA. Teams have figured that out about him already. They need to change his [expletive] like now. Start working on changes now. I know for a fact KidRN said the same thing too.

Edited by JayTheGreat, November 10, 2017 - 03:28 PM.

#906 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 10, 2017 - 04:36 PM

Never listen to Stephen A. Smith or ringless Barkley, those are buffoons, that's not real sport journalism.

#907 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 952 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted November 10, 2017 - 04:48 PM

Say what you will about Chuck, but he has always spoke his mind whether he was right or wrong. What he said about Lonzo is true.

#908 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts

Posted November 10, 2017 - 05:49 PM

Say what you will about Chuck, but he has always spoke his mind whether he was right or wrong. What he said about Lonzo is true.

Not only speaks his mind.

Says everything at least twice.

Always. Every thought.

Sometimes repeating it 3 times.

More a clown than anything else.

Shaq too.

• ChichoGarcy likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#909 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 10, 2017 - 06:03 PM

What does him being 20 have to do with him being a horrible shooter? We all knew this would happen. I called it before the draft. I specifically said Lonzo would shoot like [expletive] if it's not changed. He can't get the shot off without being wide open or doing that lunge back. This isn't the NCAA. Teams have figured that out about him already. They need to change his [expletive] like now. Start working on changes now. I know for a fact KidRN said the same thing too.

I’m confused. I thought only De’Aaron Fox couldn’t shoot.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#910 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,675 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 10, 2017 - 07:17 PM

Not worried about Lonzo...some parts of his game already translate quite well in the NBA. Other parts don't. He's not used to the superior size and athleticism of NBA defenders and it affects his ability to get to the basket and finish. He's not used to shooting NBA threes either. This will come with time and increased strength. In the meantime, maybe he should stop shooting threes and come in closer and work the midrange. 

• UKUGA and LACAS like this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#911 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,215 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2017 - 05:51 PM

He can't work the damn midrange b/c he can't create his own shot well.  It's not about simply stepping in and shooting closer.  Mid range shots are mostly generated by dribble drive or pick and roll action.  Something that he's not very good at just yet.  Mostly b/c he doesnt have good speed control.  Lonzo can be fast when he has speed built up but he doesnt cruise well.  

Not worried about Lonzo...some parts of his game already translate quite well in the NBA. Other parts don't. He's not used to the superior size and athleticism of NBA defenders and it affects his ability to get to the basket and finish. He's not used to shooting NBA threes either. This will come with time and increased strength. In the meantime, maybe he should stop shooting threes and come in closer and work the midrange. 

• kball likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#912 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 11, 2017 - 06:00 PM

Lonzo going to have his best game ever tonight.
  • kray28 likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#913 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 06:04 PM

Lonzo going to have his best game ever tonight.

Might have to throw the game too for the chinese mafia to get his bro home 

• UKUGA likes this

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#914 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 07:30 PM

Making history, youngest player with a triple double!!! 😎
  • dazz and LACAS like this

• 43,864 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 07:59 PM

19 points on over 50% fgs (7-12), 13 assists, 12 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 3 steals. Solid game. Filled out the stat sheet that's for sure.
  • UKUGA likes this

yo.

#916 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,374 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 11, 2017 - 08:04 PM

Solid game by Ball tonight. Just need consistency... something that has eluded all our recent top draft picks.

#917 Rekal

Rekal

Rookie

• 980 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted November 11, 2017 - 08:11 PM

looked good tonight #Lonzito

#918 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,345 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 09:36 PM

Saying he got that 10th rebound on an airball?

I always thought those didn't even count as a shot attempt.

Hence not a rebound.

Man thats a lot of years of watching hoop to get that wrong

Edited by kball, November 11, 2017 - 09:36 PM.

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#919 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,664 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 11, 2017 - 09:42 PM

Maaaaaaaaaaan,

You shouldn't pay attention to stupid people.

Lonzo is very polarizing due to style, hype, family etc. but he way he impacts the game with his passing game is truly unique. Anyone who doesn't see that should get their head examined.

Youngest triple-double in nba history and he did it effectively while adding 3 steals and 4 blocks for good measure.

#920 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,481 posts

Posted November 11, 2017 - 11:51 PM

😳😳😳😳😳
f26fe67b74f96b945e4dc6bb5a92d97c.jpg
  • UKUGA, kball and LACAS like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic