#481 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,685 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted July 17, 2017 - 06:48 AM

Yeah the guy who was on Dlo's jockstrap the 1st year then does a 360 flip in his second year. You will do the same with Lonzo. Take this dude seriously folks.

All I'm saying is y'all putting unnecessary hype on a kid who may bust instead of just letting him doing his thing and paint his own legacy. The same thing people did with Dlo and those same people ended up disappointed.

Calling him generational when he didn't play a single NBA game yet. Jason Kidd was generational, and so is Chris Paul. So when you say generational, then he'll have to average 20-22ppg, 7 rebounds, and 10 assists game WHILE leading his team to victory on a nightly basis, the same way they did this upcoming season. I'll hold you up to it.

I'm actually protecting Lonzo Ball and want the best for him. You're setting him up to fail with unfair expectations.

360 haha not you are using that term right
  • Jackson likes this
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#482 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,994 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 17, 2017 - 06:52 AM

It is kind of funny how the board gets flooded with randoms during the offseason lol

• LakeShow1o1 and kidpolean like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#483 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,685 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 07:04 AM

It is kind of funny how the board gets flooded with randoms during the offseason lol

i been a member since 2010 that's only when I come on or trade deadline

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#484 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,685 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 07:08 AM

Saw the lakers on Saturday in Vegas, let me just say that the plAyers seemed to love ball. They where always ingage with ball. Saw him and kuzma have good chemistry
  • UKUGA likes this

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#485 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,202 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 07:09 AM

Not really worried about Ball's game translating against actual pros.

Will he struggle, sure...but SL is still basketball. It's not table tennis...granted it's against weaker competition, he's not going to forget how to pass the ball or look ahead or do what he does best. I think the game will be easier for him playing next to actual NBA players. The defense will be better, so he's not going to be Magic 2.0, but nevertheless I think he'll have a good season.

He's racking up the most APG in SL history playing next to G-Leaguers. Give him guys like Brook, Ingram, KCP and runners like Nance, Randle, JC...it's going to work very well for both sides.

There are definitely weaknesses with this guy, as there are with all young PG's, but what he's doing out there deserves proper recognition and respect, SL or not.

I think if the guys all run, space the floor I think ball will be fine. He's going to have his fair share of speed bumps but I see something pretty special in our hands
Posted Image

#486 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,372 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 17, 2017 - 08:10 AM

Saw the lakers on Saturday in Vegas, let me just say that the plAyers seemed to love ball. They where always ingage with ball. Saw him and kuzma have good chemistry

It's interesting.  Both the Lakers are Suns were really bad last year.

There are some comments out today about Josh Jackson, and how well he performed in SL.  The take was that Jackson comes across as a guy who wants to be the leader, and people are curious how he is going to mesh with his Suns teammates, and whether they will be receptive to his leadership.

Meanwhile, Ball has the backing of the entire organization.  He called himself the leader the team needed before he was drafted, and the team jettisoned out Russell before the draft, in part, to accommodate Ball.

Every member of the organization with a mic in their face talks about the significant role LB does and will play on the team.

There is no secret that the FO expects the team to follow the leadership of Lonzo, but they also have confidence in him that he will lead in a way that will make it easy an enjoyable for everyone to fall in. 

• PurpleNgoldBanners likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#487 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,141 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted July 17, 2017 - 09:09 AM

ok after the mamba juice i will invent now

THE BIG BALLER BALLS JUICE !!!!

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#488 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,685 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 09:24 AM

It's interesting. Both the Lakers are Suns were really bad last year.

There are some comments out today about Josh Jackson, and how well he performed in SL. The take was that Jackson comes across as a guy who wants to be the leader, and people are curious how he is going to mesh with his Suns teammates, and whether they will be receptive to his leadership.

Meanwhile, Ball has the backing of the entire organization. He called himself the leader the team needed before he was drafted, and the team jettisoned out Russell before the draft, in part, to accommodate Ball.

Every member of the organization with a mic in their face talks about the significant role LB does and will play on the team.

There is no secret that the FO expects the team to follow the leadership of Lonzo, but they also have confidence in him that he will lead in a way that will make it easy an enjoyable for everyone to fall in.

agree , I think the squad in SL have have respect for him. They seen what he did at ucla, and know he can be a leader. They question is, are veteran nba players going to show him respect. I believe if he leads the lakers to the ship today, they have their attention. They lakers last could not pull it out with a squad of ingram and Russell. Ball is a real game changer, ucla and now summer league.

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#489 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 412 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted July 17, 2017 - 09:25 AM

of course there are reservations about lonzo. but the guy looks to be as good as cp3 someday. probably better, and probably with a title. we will all be big ballers.

#490 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,428 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 17, 2017 - 09:28 AM

of course there are reservations about lonzo. but the guy looks to be as good as cp3 someday. probably better, and probably with a title. we will all be big ballers.

Let's hold on with all of that. Let's see where he's at after all star break

ap1.png

#491 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,372 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted July 17, 2017 - 09:37 AM

agree , I think the squad in SL have have respect for him. They seen what he did at ucla, and know he can be a leader. They question is, are veteran nba players going to show him respect. I believe if he leads the lakers to the ship today, they have their attention. They lakers last could not pull it out with a squad of ingram and Russell. Ball is a real game changer, ucla and now summer league.

As far as the Lakers vets go, they don't really have anybody who carries much clout, so they better get in line, so long as Lonzo does his part.

If Randle and/or Clarkson interfere in any way, they are done. Gone. 

Given Lonzo's indiscriminate desire to feed the open man, I don't see that being a problem, though.

As far as league veterans go, it goes back to the same point.  This guy is going to find you, and when you are open, the ball will be in your hands in a position to score. 

Vets will line up to play with this guy, IMO. 

• bfc1125roy and PurpleNgoldBanners like this

Don't feed the trolls. 

#492 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 412 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 09:40 AM

haha, i am just excited. but it's amazing what a few stellar games will do to a fan's outlook. the narrative has shifted from "lonzo is overrated" to "just how good can lonzo become?"

Let's hold on with all of that. Let's see where he's at after all star break

• UKUGA likes this

#493 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 751 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Lonzo Ball BBB!

Posted July 17, 2017 - 09:59 AM

We don't allow excitement here...

...unless of course you have 4000 posts then you can be excited (<-- sarcasm and humor for those that need cliff notes ;) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • MambaMentality likes this

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#494 PurpleNgoldBanners

PurpleNgoldBanners

Rookie

• 45 posts
  • Name:Jonjon
  • Fan Since:The popcorn machine

Posted July 17, 2017 - 10:12 AM

ok after the mamba juice i will invent now

THE BIG BALLER BALLS JUICE !!!!

hahaha that does not sound commercially appealing at all

#495 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 17, 2017 - 10:27 AM

As long as youre going to be disgusting...you may as well just call it Ball Sweat

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#496 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 412 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 10:57 AM

haha i lurk quite a bit here. don't have time to write essays, like maj, gcmd, BB(low)IQ. seems like writing longer posts turns you into a cynical hater anyway.

We don't allow excitement here...

...unless of course you have 4000 posts then you can be excited (<-- sarcasm and humor for those that need cliff notes ;) )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MambaMentality, July 17, 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#497 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,461 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 17, 2017 - 11:01 AM

I never write long post and why call me low iq... everyone I meet and converse with literally tells me how brilliant I am. One of the higher ups at my current job suggested I go for a doctorate in my field.
  • Busty Bluth and MambaMentality like this

#498 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 412 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 11:05 AM

easy mr. president, i'm just joking.

I never write long post and why call me low iq... everyone I meet and converse with literally tells me how brilliant I am. One of the higher ups at my current job suggested I go for a doctorate in my field.

#499 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,461 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 17, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Furthermore. I'm never disrespected in real life. In the neighborhoods I'm in not at work or with women ...etc.

So I don't appreciAte it. Nor tolerate it.

Edited by BasketballIQ, July 17, 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#500 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,829 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 17, 2017 - 11:16 AM

He's passed his 1st test so far. Let's ease the brakes on the hype train.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)