MiggsTradamus

16x CHAMPS

• 3,339 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 09, 2019 - 07:03 AM

Grant Hill? He is the only injury prone All-Star and HOF'er

and most recent steph Curry , and Lonzo ain’t no curry.
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#2642 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Sixth Man

• 3,150 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 09, 2019 - 11:06 AM

Down for the rest of the season00a59a6951156a6de92ab268ac0f5a74.jpg
  • GCMD likes this

#2643 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,858 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 09, 2019 - 11:29 AM

People saying there is no evidence that he is injury prone. He has missed an entire third of his nba career and missed more than 10 games on 3 occasions, in 2 seasons. It is BY FAR the most consistent part of his game. It is shocking how many people use the eye test when stats are readily available to them and completely free of any bias.
  • Busty Bluth and Jackson like this

#2644 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Sixth Man

• 3,150 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted March 09, 2019 - 11:34 AM

He IS injury prone, that's for sure.

#2645 K-Kris

K-Kris

Laker Fan

• 921 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 09, 2019 - 11:40 AM

Might as well shut Zo down for the season as well, and give him a full off-season to recover. No need to rush him back.

#2646 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,858 posts

Posted March 09, 2019 - 11:46 AM

Might as well shut Zo down for the season as well, and give him a full off-season to recover. No need to rush him back.

Pretty sure they already did. Homeboy isn’t close after nearly 2 months. Lakers should hire a PI to find whomever put the curse on them.

#2647 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,602 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 09, 2019 - 03:50 PM

People said Russell knee was problems
  • GCMD and Busty Bluth like this

#2648 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,549 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 09, 2019 - 06:24 PM

Like I said Out for the Season. Lakers need to move on from Ball, injury prone and slow healer....smh.... I expect some type of surgery announcement in the off season

The Lakers have shut down point guard Lonzo Ball for the remainder of the season, according to The Athletic's Shams Charania.

The decision comes after Ball had his left ankle re-evaluated by doctors and Saturday, reports Charania.

He has been out with a Grade 3 left ankle sprain since suffering the injury on Jan. 19 when he collided with the Rockets' James Harden. Ball left the game in the third quarter after the collision and was originally projected to only miss four to six weeks. When evaluated in late February, it was determined that Ball still needed more time to recover before returning.

https://www.si.com/n...e-injury-lakers

#2649 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 1,170 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 10, 2019 - 08:21 AM

I’m willing to bet LaVar is telling Lonzo to chill and ride out the turd storm that is going on right now. Doubt he’s actually still injured.

#2650 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,858 posts

Posted March 10, 2019 - 08:23 AM

Like I said Out for the Season. Lakers need to move on from Ball, injury prone and slow healer....smh.... I expect some type of surgery announcement in the off season

He is 2 for 2 on getting shut down for the season and missing more than 1/4 of the games he is scheduled to play which is more than double his free throw percentage. Not a great look for a guy you want to have on the court.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#2651 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,549 posts

Posted March 10, 2019 - 09:46 AM

I’m willing to bet LaVar is telling Lonzo to chill and ride out the turd storm that is going on right now. Doubt he’s actually still injured.

He is 2 for 2 on getting shut down for the season and missing more than 1/4 of the games he is scheduled to play which is more than double his free throw percentage. Not a great look for a guy you want to have on the court.

I wouldn't doubt LaVar is talking to him, would you blame him?  

It'll happen again next year if he is on this team, while this injury was inevitable,  his recovery time is ridiculous 

#2652 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,088 posts

Posted March 11, 2019 - 02:46 AM

People saying there is no evidence that he is injury prone. He has missed an entire third of his nba career and missed more than 10 games on 3 occasions, in 2 seasons. It is BY FAR the most consistent part of his game. It is shocking how many people use the eye test when stats are readily available to them and completely free of any bias.

There is no evidence for it because that term does not mean what you're implying.

Isolated injuries that could have happened to any player and were not preventable does not make him injury prone.  That's not what that term means.  

Ingram has been injured the past 2 seasons also...be fair.

This has more to do with the amount of time he'd need to get back on the court (at least another 2 weeks) on top of the season being almost over (less than a month left).

It would be more likely he'd HURT his trade value returning after injury this late in the season than help it.

Hyperbole.  Calm down.

I wouldn't doubt LaVar is talking to him, would you blame him?  

It'll happen again next year if he is on this team, while this injury was inevitable,  his recovery time is ridiculous 

I seriously doubt Lonzo would let LaVar overrule some of the best Ortho guys in the world...LOL...your Anti-Ball agenda is the only thing that's ridiculous.

• bfc1125roy likes this

#2653 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,549 posts

Posted March 11, 2019 - 05:26 AM

There is no evidence for it because that term does not mean what you're implying.

Isolated injuries that could have happened to any player and were not preventable does not make him injury prone.  That's not what that term means.  

This has more to do with the amount of time he'd need to get back on the court (at least another 2 weeks) on top of the season being almost over (less than a month left).

It would be more likely he'd HURT his trade value returning after injury this late in the season than help it.

Hyperbole.  Calm down.

I seriously doubt Lonzo would let LaVar overrule some of the best Ortho guys in the world...LOL...your Anti-Ball agenda is the only thing that's ridiculous.

What is it with you and everyone being "Anti-insert player name agenda" when they call out a player?  Like I have any pull on what the Lakers can do, get a clue, it's an OPINION

The best Ortho guys in the world can't do anything about a slow healer, period..

Edited by BORNINLA, March 11, 2019 - 05:32 AM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

#2654 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted March 14, 2019 - 09:54 PM

A guy who gets injured a lot is indeed injury prone.  No need to analyze what it means to be "injury prone."  There are certain guys who seem to never get injured (LeBron, Deandre Jordan to name a couple...)  Should concern any Lonzofan that he's been out more games than he's played (this will be the case by the end of this season).  

#2655 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 4,858 posts

Posted March 15, 2019 - 07:15 AM

A guy who gets injured a lot is indeed injury prone. No need to analyze what it means to be "injury prone." There are certain guys who seem to never get injured (LeBron, Deandre Jordan to name a couple...) Should concern any Lonzofan that he's been out more games than he's played (this will be the case by the end of this season).

Lonzo has a small sample size but the most consistent part of his game by far in his career is being injured. The numbers are available. Does that mean he will continue getting injured? Maybe or maybe not, but you shouldn’t be surprised when he does because he does it often and for long stretches.
  • BigBaller likes this

#2656 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,549 posts

Posted Today, 07:15 AM

I hope Lonzo can figure this out.  He should just stick with Nike UA or Adidas and use BBB to sell clothes or eventually hire someone other than Sketchers to make his shoes.   Looks like he was being robbed too. 

While it's been said, Lonzo Ball did, in fact, cut ties with an important figure behind the Big Baller Brand, the Laker's involvement in the matter was kept hush-hush. If you dug deep enough inside ESPN report regarding the embezzlement scandal, you'll notice Lonzo alludes to some influence coming from management, in helping him defer the blame over his injury woes this season. 

https://www.hotnewhi...news.75346.html

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)