2709 replies to this topic

#2401 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,653 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 14, 2019 - 01:56 PM

Kuz puts up better numbers than fox and he is gonna be 1 of 7 getting traded for AD this offseason. Nice player, not what the Lakers need.

Right, so if the Lakers had Fox he would also be 1 of 7.

#2402 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts
  • Fan Since:84
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James aka King James

Posted February 14, 2019 - 03:41 PM

Not really. They’re about even in most cars, with Kuz scoring slightly more points, Fox leading in assists as you’d expect given he’s a PG .

But anyway Kuz is nice.
Ball is a 40% free throw shooter.

Kuz puts up better numbers than fox.

#2403 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 03:48 PM

Wrong again. And don’t be surprised if we just wait til AD is a free agent. Oh and I remember you saying you will “take back everything you said” if we end up getting AD. Lol!!

Right, so if the Lakers had Fox he would also be 1 of 7.

#2404 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,653 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 07:46 PM

Wrong again. And don’t be surprised if we just wait til AD is a free agent. Oh and I remember you saying you will “take back everything you said” if we end up getting AD. Lol!!

Yeah and........ he’s not here and will never be here....

#2405 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 08:48 PM

Also just want to take a moment to LOL that you decline to compare Lonzo's numbers to Fox. 

A point guard who barely scratches 40% from the line.....what a disgrace to the Laker organization.  The #2 pick.  We could have had Tatum, Fox, or Donovan Mitchell.  

Kuz puts up better numbers than fox and he is gonna be 1 of 7 getting traded for AD this offseason. Nice player, not what the Lakers need.

#2406 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,051 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 14, 2019 - 10:40 PM

Also just want to take a moment to LOL that you decline to compare Lonzo's numbers to Fox. 

A point guard who barely scratches 40% from the line.....what a disgrace to the Laker organization.  The #2 pick.  We could have had Tatum, Fox, or Donovan Mitchell.  

Lonzo was the best pick at the time and while those guys have been good, i'd still take Lonzo.

#2407 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 11:02 PM

You would take Lonzo Ball over Donovan Mitchell?   A good GM can see a player's potential to develop, before the kid develops.  Think Jerry West.

Lonzo was the best pick at the time and while those guys have been good, i'd still take Lonzo.

#2408 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,051 posts

Posted February 14, 2019 - 11:53 PM

You would take Lonzo Ball over Donovan Mitchell?   A good GM can see a player's potential to develop, before the kid develops.  Think Jerry West.

I would take Lonzo Ball over Donovan Mitchell. And Tatum and Fox.

• GCMD and Massacre like this

#2409 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 12,349 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 15, 2019 - 08:03 AM

Jerry West has not always had the best picks... I.E Antonio Harvey, Pig Miller, Anthony Peeler and so on.

#2410 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,158 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 15, 2019 - 09:21 AM

I would take Lonzo Ball over Donovan Mitchell. And Tatum and Fox.

Um based on what?

Right now, Ball has far more issues within his game than all of those players, he is also currently the worst player in that bunch.

I'm not a huge fan of any of the players mentioned but they are all clearly better players. Tatum, imo, even has a higher ceiling.

If Fox was on our team right now, nobody on this forum would be ok with trading him for Ball.

Edited by KidRN, February 15, 2019 - 09:32 AM.

#2411 BORNINLA

BORNINLA

Off The Bench

• 1,653 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 10:54 AM

Um based on what?

Right now, Ball has far more issues within his game than all of those players, he is also currently the worst player in that bunch.

I'm not a huge fan of any of the players mentioned but they are all clearly better players. Tatum, imo, even has a higher ceiling.

If Fox was on our team right now, nobody on this forum would be ok with trading him for Ball.

But everyone would be ok with trading him for AD....soooooo

#2412 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,158 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 11:31 AM

But everyone would be ok with trading him for AD....soooooo

What?

Trading who for AD?

#2413 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 11:48 AM

Facts.  I'm not sure if it's true, but I heard rumor that Magic preferred Fox over Ball.  

#2414 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 16,430 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 15, 2019 - 04:47 PM

Um based on what?

Fox is averaging the same amount of apg in his 2nd year as Lonzo averaged as a rookie - 7.2...the next highest apg on SAC is 4.0apg (Bogdan).

Lonzo, on the other hand, shares the playmaking duties with the guy who was #2 in the NBA in apg last year, LeBron, and the guy who was #4 in the NBA in apg last year, Rondo...even playing with 2 ELITE passers, Lonzo is averaging 5.4apg...only 1.8 less than Fox.

Lonzo - 5.4apg/2.2 TOV

Fox - 7.2apg/3.0 TOV

IMHO, advantage Lonzo.

Fox is averaging 3.7rpg compared to Lonzo's 5.3rpg.  Lonzo is 5th on this team behind LeBron/McGee/Chandler/Kuzma but Lonzo is the best rebounding guard on the Lakers...Fox is 7th on Sac and is behind Buddy Hield (5.1rpg).

Lonzo - 5.3rpg

Fox - 3.7rpg

Both Fox and Lonzo lead their teams in spg with Fox slightly out pacing Lonzo 1.7 to 1.5spg.

Fox is a better 3pt shooter this season up from 30.7% last year to 36.6% this year.  Lonzo improved from 30.5% last year to 32.9% this year...Lonzo shoots  more 3s though (4.9 to 2.9 /game).

Fox is a better FT shooter by far but so is almost everybody in the NBA so...

If you want to claim Fox is a better passer, I challenge that claim.

If you want to claim Fox is a better defender, considering Lonzo's defensive rebounding/steals, I challenge that claim.

If you want to claim Fox is a better scorer, I concede.

Being a better scorer considering all of the other data does not mean Fox is the better player.  I would take Lonzo over Fox in a heartbeat.  Lonzo makes this TEAM better than Fox's extra 8ppg.  

You can throw a rock around the NBA and hit 100 guys who have Fox's skills.  

There are maybe 5 players in the NBA that can pass on Lonzo's level and NONE of them are good defenders/rebounders too.

Mitchell is an elite scorer.

Tatum is an elite scoring prospect.

I get why people like them.  I do too.  I still wouldn't trade Lonzo for either.  Lonzo's skills are rare.  Fox/Mitchell/Tatum?  Their skills are not.

Edited by GCMD, February 15, 2019 - 04:47 PM.

• Adam likes this

#2415 KidRN

KidRN

Legend

• 10,158 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 05:04 PM

Fox is averaging the same amount of apg in his 2nd year as Lonzo averaged as a rookie - 7.2...the next highest apg on SAC is 4.0apg (Bogdan).

Lonzo, on the other hand, shares the playmaking duties with the guy who was #2 in the NBA in apg last year, LeBron, and the guy who was #4 in the NBA in apg last year, Rondo...even playing with 2 ELITE passers, Lonzo is averaging 5.4apg...only 1.8 less than Fox.

Lonzo - 5.4apg/2.2 TOV
Fox - 7.2apg/3.0 TOV

IMHO, advantage Lonzo.

Fox is averaging 3.7rpg compared to Lonzo's 5.3rpg.  Lonzo is 5th on this team behind LeBron/McGee/Chandler/Kuzma but Lonzo is the best rebounding guard on the Lakers...Fox is 7th on Sac and is behind Buddy Hield (5.1rpg).

Lonzo - 5.3rpg
Fox - 3.7rpg

Both Fox and Lonzo lead their teams in spg with Fox slightly out pacing Lonzo 1.7 to 1.5spg.

Fox is a better 3pt shooter this season up from 30.7% last year to 36.6% this year.  Lonzo improved from 30.5% last year to 32.9% this year...Lonzo shoots  more 3s though (4.9 to 2.9 /game).

If you want to claim Fox is a better defender, considering Lonzo's defensive rebounding/steals, I challenge that claim.

Being a better scorer considering all of the other data does not mean Fox is the better player.  I would take Lonzo over Fox in a heartbeat.  Lonzo makes this TEAM better than Fox's extra 8ppg.  

There are maybe 5 players in the NBA that can pass on Lonzo's level and NONE of them are good defenders/rebounders too.

I get why people like them.  I do too.  I still wouldn't trade Lonzo for either.  Lonzo's skills are rare.  Fox/Mitchell/Tatum?  Their skills are not.

I understand that you like Ball but the nba is and always has been a scorers league. Name a top 10 nba player that isn't an elite scorer. You can't!

Ball's skills are unique but that isn't necessarily a good thing. He has little to no impact on the offensive end for huge stretches of the game far too often.

Fox is an elite athlete. No you CAN NOT find a bunch of players in the nba with Fox's combination of athleticism, ball handling, and passing ability.

Ball has potential. I'm not denying that but right now Fox is better. I feel like people are trying to avoid saying that and using potential as a reason for choosing Ball over other players.
  • BigBaller likes this

#2416 noknife

noknife

Starter

• 5,139 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2019 - 07:02 PM

Lots of draft picks. Almost all in fact, are drafted on potential and nothing more. Very few 20 year olds are gonna be able to perform at a super high level. With that being said Fox is currently better than Lonzo by a considerable amount.
  • KidRN and BigBaller like this

#2417 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 08:56 PM

Career Games Played 

Ball    99

Fox    129

Tatum 138

Mitchell 132

Crucial stat. that you forgot to mention....

What's worse is that he spends his summers rapping, instead of working out at the gym, improving his free throws.   He doesn't have the work ethic to be a great Laker.  There's a reason why Ball was included in every AD trade package.

Lonzo - 5.4apg/2.2 TOV

Fox - 7.2apg/3.0 TOV

IMHO, advantage Lonzo.

Lonzo - 5.3rpg

Fox - 3.7rpg

#2418 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,051 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 10:45 PM

Um based on what?

Um, because of a lot of things. Fox is your typical run of the mill pick-and-roll point guard - and he's good. Really good. Lonzo just has a few areas where he's truly unique and the areas where he struggle are either fixable or irrelevant.

• GCMD likes this

#2419 BigBaller

BigBaller

Rookie

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 11:09 PM

So why hasn't he improved his free throws?  He's even worse than last year.  

Wait, I think I know.  It's that new rap single he produced.  That's more important than basketball.

Um, because of a lot of things. Fox is your typical run of the mill pick-and-roll point guard - and he's good. Really good. Lonzo just has a few areas where he's truly unique and the areas where he struggle are either fixable or irrelevant.

#2420 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 10,051 posts

Posted February 15, 2019 - 11:28 PM

So why hasn't he improved his free throws? He's even worse than last year.

Wait, I think I know. It's that new rap single he produced. That's more important than basketball.

In the words of the great Jack Nicholson: "No one cares what you think".
  • FranklinPeanuts and GCMD like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users