2210 replies to this topic

#2201 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 22, 2018 - 12:07 AM

Good game. As [expletive]ty as Lonzo’s offense has been, people forget he spent the whole off-season rehabbing and not on skill development. I see him improving throughout the season if he puts the work in and slowly asserts himself with each passing game.

There’s no reason he shouldn’t play like tonight every game, garbage team or not, he needs to have the same confidence.

I'm really excited about the way this dude is playing in terms of style. He's unlike anyone we've ever seen. Problem starts when he's viewed as a point guard and expected to do typical point guard stuff.

Maybe he's best suited playing the wing next to an actual point guard and a couple of scorers.

• Jody Smokes and MambaMentality like this

#2202 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 22, 2018 - 03:49 AM

There you go Ball, that's what Im talking about!

#2203 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 22, 2018 - 07:47 AM

The sooner people stop trying to put Lonzo in a box they can start to appreciate his game.  He's not where he needs to be yet but he's getting there.  You'll be a fool if you doubt him. 

• PurpleNgoldBanners and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#2204 LACAS

LACAS

Sixth Man

• 3,289 posts
  • Name:LACAS
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted November 22, 2018 - 07:51 AM

I dont GAF about his 15 points... what I enjoyed seeing last night was his confidence, driving to the basket...  if he can do this regularly the rest will come.

Frustrated with him? Yes. Given up on him? No.

Lets go! 

BTW this may have been his best and most complete game this season, lets not trip and act like he's been doing this... it was good to see!

Edited by LACAS, November 22, 2018 - 07:53 AM.

• Persian Gulf and Jody Smokes like this

#2205 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 3,141 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 23, 2018 - 11:34 AM

I dont GAF about his 15 points... what I enjoyed seeing last night was his confidence, driving to the basket... if he can do this regularly the rest will come.

Frustrated with him? Yes. Given up on him? No.

Lets go!

BTW this may have been his best and most complete game this season, lets not trip and act like he's been doing this... it was good to see!

u like trash I don’t
Dude is garbage on this team. He deserves to be in the nba just not on this team
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#2206 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,639 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted November 23, 2018 - 12:40 PM

we need more from the second round draft pick...

ap1.png

#2207 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,744 posts

Posted November 24, 2018 - 02:12 AM

If you only look at the stats Lonzo doesn't look all that impressive, but damn he impacts the game in a lot of ways. Disruptive defensively, setting screens and creating havoc. He had a nice play where he was pushing Gobert out of the way in order for the Lakers to secure the rebound.

#2208 KareemTheGreat33

KareemTheGreat33

Rookie

• 95 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted November 24, 2018 - 03:35 AM

he's the quiet Jason Kidd. Zo does all the hustle, swipe on D and facilitate on the down low

#2209 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 11,045 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted Today, 06:27 PM

Lonzo looked really good today.

#2210 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Today, 06:47 PM

Lonzo just needs to phase out all of the outside noise and just play his game. He has his best games when he's able to get easy points off of steals which further boosts his confidence on offense. 

It remains to be seen if he'll ever be the offensive player that he showcased in UCLA. In his defense, he was injured a large part of his rookie season and basically spent the offseason rehabbing from surgery and working out.

I've loved what I've seen from him on the defensive end. His impact will not always be seen on the box score. 

#2211 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,211 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted Today, 07:27 PM

Consistency is a problem for most young players but it would be great to see him put together a solid 4-5 game stretch.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Jackson, KidRN