he just flexin' LOL

#2044 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,954 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 19, 2018 - 02:00 PM

he just flexin' LOL

Lonzo is flexing in the pic on the right, no doubt, but I saw him up close on a regular basis last season and he had no chance of looking like this no matter how hard he tried. He's made progress.

DgFd8o7VMAA7EXn.jpg

• GCMD likes this

#2045 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 11,787 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 19, 2018 - 02:54 PM

^^ Yea, saw that on Twitter. Just joking

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, June 19, 2018 - 02:54 PM.

#2046 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,529 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2018 - 09:12 PM

hope his bball skills got better too

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#2047 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts

Posted June 19, 2018 - 11:12 PM

He's already 2-4 inches taller than most PGs.  If he gets stronger than most PGs too, things could get very, VERY interesting within the next 2 years.

Anyone thinks LeBron has been checking in on Lonzo?  Seems there are fences that need to be mended on LaVar's part, no?  And possibly Lonzo making it clear that as one of LeBron's biggest fans, he's aware of what it means to play next to him.

Just because the Spurs don't want Lonzo in a trade doesn't mean Lonzo can't get traded to bring back other assets to send to SAS.  If LeBron says he can't play with Lonzo/LaVar, Lonzo gone.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#2048 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2018 - 03:56 AM

They have to keep Lonzo. He's a perfect PG to put next to three stars. Wont eat up possessions, defends 2 positions, can spot up, cut, play off the ball, moving the ball and generally just putting guys in a position to succeed.
  • GCMD likes this

#2049 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 09:54 AM

They have to keep Lonzo. He's a perfect PG to put next to three stars. Wont eat up possessions, defends 2 positions, can spot up, cut, play off the ball, moving the ball and generally just putting guys in a position to succeed.

I agree but LaVar seems to have to "fill up the room".  I don't see that flying if we land LeBron.

I'm SALIVATING at the idea of Lonzo with those 3 guys but I'm also holding my breath every time I refresh ESPN, hoping not to see another LaVar Ball interview!  If there is one thing that's really dangerous here, it's LaVar creating unnecessary beef with potential Free Agents.

Lonzo has to make sure LeBron knows where he stands.  He can't be held accountable for what his Dad says but he has to be able to say "I don't agree with him" to his teammates.  It's easier to ignore LaVar if you know he doesn't speak for his son.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#2050 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,284 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 10:00 AM

I just had a thought:

LaVar has been uncharacteristically quiet lately.  Could it be that the Lakers have told LaVar that if he goes into the media and starts stuff, they will trade Lonzo?  That's about the only thing that could muzzle LaVar.  He may be loud and outrageous but he loves his family.  His son is about to have a baby and I'm SURE he wants them close to home.

• LACAS likes this

tenor.gif

#2051 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,271 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 11:07 AM

Lavar doesn’t matter nearly as much as you guys think.
  • Adam likes this

#2052 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,271 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 11:07 AM

.@RamonaShelburne on LBJ/Lavar Ball: "Lavar Ball is like a bug on a windshield to him."
  • Adam likes this

#2053 DLN

DLN

Danish Laker Fan

• 9,543 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 20, 2018 - 11:34 AM

I agree but LaVar seems to have to "fill up the room".  I don't see that flying if we land LeBron.

I'm SALIVATING at the idea of Lonzo with those 3 guys but I'm also holding my breath every time I refresh ESPN, hoping not to see another LaVar Ball interview!  If there is one thing that's really dangerous here, it's LaVar creating unnecessary beef with potential Free Agents.

Lonzo has to make sure LeBron knows where he stands.  He can't be held accountable for what his Dad says but he has to be able to say "I don't agree with him" to his teammates.  It's easier to ignore LaVar if you know he doesn't speak for his son.

I honestly think most of the issues with Lavar is created by the media. Of course he says dumb stuff from time to time, but often it is taken out of context and blown out of proportion. He knows that it could result in Lonzo being traded.

#2054 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 17,758 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 20, 2018 - 02:52 PM

Dwight is better for us than Bron

Jk
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#2055 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,264 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 20, 2018 - 02:57 PM

GOT EEM!

Dwight is better for us than Bron

Jk

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#2056 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 20, 2018 - 03:00 PM

The media simply overblows the influence and effect Lavar has. Yeah he makes bold statements, but if you really think it concerns Magic and the Lakers towards any extent, then you don't know the business.  The only concern with any person Ball related should be Lonzo because he is the only player tied and under contract with the Lakers.  Based upon what I've seen in terms of personality, demeanor, and character, I'm not worried one bit.

All I know is, genetically speaking, once Lonzo's body fills out completely and he reaches final stages of development, he will be a physical force.  Look at Lavar, Lavar's brothers, as well as their father (Zo's grandfather) those guys are built like tanks.  I wouldn't be surprised if Zo weighs in at around 210-220 once he reaches his prime.  He's currently listed at 190 but I'm sure that has changed.

• Adam likes this

#2057 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 03:07 PM

I just had a thought:

LaVar has been uncharacteristically quiet lately.  Could it be that the Lakers have told LaVar that if he goes into the media and starts stuff, they will trade Lonzo?  That's about the only thing that could muzzle LaVar.  He may be loud and outrageous but he loves his family.  His son is about to have a baby and I'm SURE he wants them close to home.

Uncharacteristically quiet?

The man just went on a media tour about a week ago throughout all the main Fox Sports shows such as Undisputed and The Herd promoting his basketball league (JBA) and proclaiming that all 3 brothers MUST play together and Lonzo will leave LA if it isn't the case.  

Lavar is a MARKETING genius.  He knows exactly what to say to stir enough controversy, get the clicks, and make big money.  If people haven't figured out the plot and gameplan by now, then it's a shame.

• Adam likes this

#2058 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 9,271 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 03:19 PM

I think I could take Li’Angelo 1 on 1, but he’s out here getting workouts with the reigning NBA champions and appearing in Foot Locker commercials.

...and for that, I will ALWAYS respect Lavar, lol.
  • LakeShow1o1 and Adam like this

#2059 Adam

Adam

Rookie

• 479 posts
  • Fav. Laker:CP3 ;)

Posted June 20, 2018 - 03:23 PM

Lavar knows he can say and do just about anything and it won't do much because Lonzo is so damn good overall. his personality, demeanor on and off the court, passing, rebounding, defense. as long as lonzo brings it, anything lavar says will be for the purpose of promoting his brand and making money. 

It's lavar ball vs nike, addidas, underarmour, reebok, and everyone else really. oh and the NCAA. 

LaVar ball is the little brother that jumps in the pool while you have all your friends over for a pool party and short of beating him black and blue, he's not going to leave. he's going to swim, and splash, and kick a lot of water and when that party's over, you know who would have had the most fun? exactly. 

#2060 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,898 posts

Posted June 20, 2018 - 03:26 PM

I think I could take Li’Angelo 1 on 1, but he’s out here getting workouts with the reigning NBA champions and appearing in Foot Locker commercials.

...and for that, I will ALWAYS respect Lavar, lol.

Exactly man... Some people are so foolish as to not understand the narrative at this point.

Lavar's marketing and the Ball name literally flipped the script.  LiAngelo went from being imprisoned for stealing in China to being featured in a footlocker ad, joking about stealing...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users