#21 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,182 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 23, 2017 - 08:27 AM

Some Lakers fans don't appreciate other players till they aren't Lakers anymore.  

if Russell puts up 20/5/5 on the Nets next season or more, particularly if the Lakers struggle with not having a real scorer in their starting lineup outside of Mozgov.. then the fans that were against Russell will start wanting him back.   That's how it usually goes.   Some fans don't appreciate what they had till they see them killing it on another team.

The best revenge for D'lo tbh would be playing so well that within the next 4-5 seasons the Lakers are one of the teams trying to go after him to max him in the off-season. 

No.. some fans on here have such a strong distaste and disdain for Russell that even if he is to place up amazing numbers, they'll simply say "inflated stats on a bad team".  Those same people go and make posts showing Brook Lopez's stats from this season though.

• JGuez and lakerfan98 like this

#22 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,213 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2017 - 08:37 AM

man what a bad week

gotta throw my nick young and dlo jerseys away  :rolleyes:

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#23 Success@Success@Success

Success@Success@Success

Rookie

• 90 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime Lakers
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 23, 2017 - 08:40 AM

The question is did Russel elevate the team with his play? Luke and the FO felt that he wasn't a true leader so they decided to cut ties with him while having the opportunity to unload Mozgov's contract. I wish the best of luck to DLo in Brooklyn. He'll get his stats there but will he elevate them? We'll see...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#24 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,086 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 23, 2017 - 09:59 AM

The question is did Russel elevate the team with his play? Luke and the FO felt that he wasn't a true leader so they decided to cut ties with him while having the opportunity to unload Mozgov's contract. I wish the best of luck to DLo in Brooklyn. He'll get his stats there but will he elevate them? We'll see...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If i had to predict, I think Russell has a really good couple years and Parlays it into a nice fat contract somewhere else just when he's approaching All star 'potential.

Then watch him sign that contract with the clippers and follow in CP3 footsteps 

Edited by kball, June 23, 2017 - 09:59 AM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#25 dazz

dazz

Rookie

• 1,166 posts
  • Fan Since:Mid 80's

Posted June 23, 2017 - 10:03 AM

I wish him success, but Ball better pan out

2lc8cvr.jpg

#26 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 10:06 AM

I wish him success, but Ball better pan out

I think laker fans are gonna need to relax with this. I loved Russell. Still think he'll be a legit scorer in this league. I could easily see him being a career 20-24ppg guy

But lonzo is our guy now. He's he future. And I like everything I'm seeing from him so far. He carries himself incredibly well. And if there's one negative about Russell. And it was probably my only personal negative with him was he carried himself really poorly
  • DaSmoothOperator likes this
Posted Image

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 23, 2017 - 10:16 AM

If i had to predict, I think Russell has a really good couple years and Parlays it into a nice fat contract somewhere else just when he's approaching All star 'potential.

Then watch him sign that contract with the clippers and follow in CP3 footsteps 

Booker, Russell and Towns were on NBATV actually talking about something akin to the possibility of forming a team together, I'm guessing a "big three" kind of thing, as they kind of got that relationship.   All three didn't exactly confirm it but they talked about how much they'd love to play together on a team and insinuated it.  

Kind of makes this a bit more obvious 

Except now it likely won't be for the Lakers, as D'lo was still technically a Laker when the interview was done. 

Russell and KAT also have been training together this summer and Booker and them all are like best friends.  So it makes perfect sense why the three of them would want to play together.  They always hang out together and train together and are like best friends so it makes sense. 

Problem now is, if that ever happens, it likely won't be here anymore.   

Edited by Majesty, June 23, 2017 - 10:18 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#28 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,372 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 23, 2017 - 10:45 AM

No.. some fans on here have such a strong distaste and disdain for Russell that even if he is to place up amazing numbers, they'll simply say "inflated stats on a bad team".  Those same people go and make posts showing Brook Lopez's stats from this season though.

Yuuup

• Majesty likes this

#29 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 3,372 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 10:48 AM

Don't forget that Magic and Rob were forced to do this because of Jim and Mitch.

If we strike out in 2018 I'm sure that'll be Jim and Mitch's fault too.  Gonna have to wait for something good to happen before Magic and Rob enter the equation.  

• JGuez and Majesty like this

#30 dazz

dazz

Rookie

• 1,166 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 11:07 AM

Don't forget that Magic and Rob were forced to do this because of Jim and Mitch.

If we strike out in 2018 I'm sure that'll be Jim and Mitch's fault too.  Gonna have to wait for something good to happen before Magic and Rob enter the equation.  

I said this in another thread but here it goes again. If the cap had been raised as projected back then and the amnesty clause had been renewed as it was supposed to (as far as I know) neither Deng nor Moz's contracts would've been much of an issue.

Mitch probably banked on those things happening. Not saying he's not to blame to some extent, but just to put things in perspective.

Many teams were giving ridiculous contracts during the last off-season, I wouldn't be surprised if many others are forced to pull salary dump trades in the next couple of seasons

Edited by dazz, June 23, 2017 - 11:10 AM.

• FranklinPeanuts and Majesty like this

2lc8cvr.jpg

#31 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

• 3,372 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 11:16 AM

I said this in another thread but here it goes again. If the cap had been raised as projected back then and the amnesty clause had been renewed as it was supposed to (as far as I know) neither Deng nor Moz's contracts would've been much of an issue.

Mitch probably banked on those things happening. Not saying he's not to blame to some extent, but just to put things in perspective.

I was being sarcastic lol.

It's like how politicians blame everything on the previous administration.  

Magic and Rob deserve ALL the credit if their plan comes to fruition.  If it doesn't they deserve ALL the blame.  

Doesn't stop some posters from acting like somebody put a gun to their head and made them do what they're doing.   

• LakeShow1o1 and Wilt Chamberneezy like this

#32 dazz

dazz

Rookie

• 1,166 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 11:29 AM

Here's a list of the crazy 2016 offseason contracts:

http://www.cbssports...till-available/

2lc8cvr.jpg

#33 Japago

Japago

Starter

• 4,212 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted June 23, 2017 - 11:38 AM

The simplest explanation for the trade is that the Lakers just didn't like D'Angelo enough; to the point where they were willing to do this kind of deal for him. There have been plenty of reports saying that the front office/coaches didn't like his attitude/work ethic. Both of his coaches have benched him.

It will all come down to how he pans out as a player. If he's not good, then it's a good trade. If he turns into a star, then it's a bad trade. That's even if the Lakers hit it big in free agency. He's a young guy, so it would better to have a star-in-this-hypothetical-case in D'Angelo than an older star player.

• Majesty likes this

#34 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted June 23, 2017 - 12:09 PM

Gave up too early on him in my opinion. I thought he was going to be an all star type player after 3 years. Atkinson will do wonders for him. Best of luck amigo

#35 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,727 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 23, 2017 - 02:54 PM

dazz they shouldn't have signed them period and esp to such lengthy contracts, to the future!

#36 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,954 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 23, 2017 - 02:55 PM

I know I didn't have disdain for Russell and I didn't post Lopez's stats.  I did post his highlights from last year  :D

tenor.gif

#37 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,954 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 03:03 PM

The simplest explanation for the trade is that the Lakers just didn't like D'Angelo enough; to the point where they were willing to do this kind of deal for him. There have been plenty of reports saying that the front office/coaches didn't like his attitude/work ethic. Both of his coaches have benched him.

It will all come down to how he pans out as a player. If he's not good, then it's a good trade. If he turns into a star, then it's a bad trade. That's even if the Lakers hit it big in free agency. He's a young guy, so it would better to have a star-in-this-hypothetical-case in D'Angelo than an older star player.

Don't the Lakers have the right to punt on a player who was supposed to be the leader but they felt couldn't lead?  Or was leading in a direction they didn't want to go?

Don't the Lakers have a right to assign the value THEY see for their players without pandering to the fans?

This argument seems to always return to "I don't understand".  That's not a good enough reason to claim it was a mistake.  I understand that you felt they should have done things differently but I contend that you don't know everything that was going on behind closed doors...

For proof of that, who here actually thought Russell couldn't get you the 12th pick OR Luke Kennard in a trade?  I didn't.  I thought he'd get us the 8th pick from NY and I'm not even a fan of Russell's potential like others...

We didn't and don't know how much these guys are worth and holding on to them isn't always an option...so why does any fan (especially ones who were so wrong about his value) think they know what's best for the Lakers?  Or can PROVE that Russell would have been more valuable in 6-8 months?  Or that Russell would not have divided the lockerroom because he felt the Lakers pushing him out?

It's cool to discuss our opinions but you have people talking about watching THE NETS because of their outrage?  LOL...

Edited by GCMD, June 23, 2017 - 03:05 PM.

tenor.gif

#38 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,954 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 03:07 PM

I think the Larry Nance stance is proof enough that there was already some tension brewing in the locker room about Ball being Russell replacement and Russell being elbowed out of the way as leader of this team...

If you're looking for a reason why this had to be done now, there you go.

Edited by GCMD, June 23, 2017 - 03:08 PM.

tenor.gif

#39 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,213 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2017 - 03:07 PM

will they do a presentation in front of the press for dlo and mozi?  :rolleyes:

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#40 dazz

dazz

Rookie

• 1,166 posts

Posted June 23, 2017 - 03:09 PM

dazz they shouldn't have signed them period and esp to such lengthy contracts, to the future!

that's what I thought at the time. Moving on tho, totally agree sir!

2lc8cvr.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users