Photo

Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#901 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,881 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2017 - 05:22 PM

Kobe really didn't become a villain til the rape case and Shaq trade.  His younger days his popularity was mostly overshadowed b/c of Allen Iverson and the fact he was viewed as trying copy Jordan's swag.  In some ways he did.  It wasn't til the after the dust settled from the rape case, Shaq being gone did you get the "[expletive] all of yall" Kobe aka the Black Mamba we all love and some just despise.  When AI became popular he was pretty much every young fans fav player.  

Lebron pretty much picked up where AI left off as far as young generation fans.  There are still a lot of people who dont care for him.  

I'm a Kobe fan till I die and will never understand why Lebron got all the love and constantly praised by the media while Kobe was painted a villain for a majority of his career.

With that being said, Lebron is easily the most amazing physical specimen in basketball history if not the greatest athlete since the turn of the century.  If you can get the best player in the NBA, you do it.  

• KidRN likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#902 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,167 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted December 29, 2017 - 05:36 PM

Kobe really didn't become a villain til the rape case and Shaq trade.  His younger days his popularity was mostly overshadowed b/c of Allen Iverson and the fact he was viewed as trying copy Jordan's swag.  In some ways he did.  It wasn't til the after the dust settled from the rape case, Shaq being gone did you get the "[expletive] all of yall" Kobe aka the Black Mamba we all love and some just despise.  When AI became popular he was pretty much every young fans fav player.  

Lebron pretty much picked up where AI left off as far as young generation fans.  There are still a lot of people who dont care for him.

There was a brief time somewhere in there where I'd say that T Mac was probably the most popular player on the planet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users