Photo

Kwame Reveals His Side Of Infamous Kobe Story

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,162 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 03, 2017 - 12:58 PM

Remember when said Kwame literally told him to not pass him the ball, even if he was open out of fear of missing his free throws? Kwame says that's true. Here's Kwame's response to that story...

Even if I did want the ball, it’s not like he would’ve given it to me! (laughs) He’s absolutely right about the free throw part, though. So what? My thing is, was I even playing basketball when he said that? I definitely wasn’t a Laker and I don’t know if I was even playing in the league. When I heard about that – and really anytime someone brings my name up out of the blue like that – I just wonder, “Why? What did you gain from that?” Why is the best player in the game at the time mentioning little old me? It was flattering. (laughs) But he was absolutely right.

Kwame says he was less than 100% during the 2006 season...

I needed ankle surgery and shoulder surgery when I was playing for the Lakers. Mitch Kupchak asked me not to get the surgeries. He said, “With one ankle and one shoulder, you’re still the best defender we’ve got. All we need you to do is defend.” I literally had trouble raising my arms. That’s why I don’t care when a fan hears this and laughs or whatever because they don’t know the full story. I know what was really going on and so do my peers.

#2 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,441 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 03, 2017 - 01:06 PM

Kwame was a cool cat lol trash but a cool cat

ap1.png

#3 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 03, 2017 - 01:17 PM

He's one of those players that I wonder "what if he had played football"...great physical tools and a very good athlete.   If he had good hands, he would have been an unstoppable TE.  As a DE, he could have starred in the NFL and changed the game for about about 10 years. 

tenor.gif

#4 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,233 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 03, 2017 - 01:17 PM

I never disliked Kwame the guy, I just disliked Kwame the player.

At the end of the day, he netted us Pau Gasol, so he deserves a statue outside of Staples or atleast a bobblehead night.

#5 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,233 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 03, 2017 - 01:18 PM

He's one of those players that I wonder "what if he had played football"...great physical tools and a very good athlete.   If he had good hands, he would have been an unstoppable TE.  As a DE, he could have starred in the NFL and changed the game for about about 10 years. 

I don't know about a tight end... TEs in football are some the the most dynamic athletes in all of sports with a combination of hands, size, and speed.  Kwame literally had none of those things aside from size which he actually seemed a bit out of shape most of the time.

#6 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,254 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 04, 2017 - 08:33 AM

Kwame Brown > Dwight Howard

• Mr Terrific likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,223 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 04, 2017 - 09:02 AM

Kwame is a player that would have benefited from a good situation and development early.  A lot of players fit this mold.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#8 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,564 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 13, 2017 - 07:09 AM

Kwame was coming along just fine as a Laker until he sprained his ankle on NYE 2006.  That was the end. 

Don't feed the trolls. 

#9 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted June 13, 2017 - 07:45 AM

Kwame was coming along just fine as a Laker until he sprained his ankle on NYE 2006. That was the end.

not sure if sarcasm. Dude had butterfinger hands, could not make a lay up to save his life.
"Don't post while drunk, on draft night"

nSLiQqtm.jpg

#10 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,334 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 13, 2017 - 08:15 AM

not sure if sarcasm. Dude had butterfinger hands, could not make a lay up to save his life.

Little hands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users