ap1.png

#22 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,671 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 03, 2017 - 12:54 PM

Clarkson isn't finished and Waiters is a greAt example of how time improved talented but reckless players. Even if less talented he fits in.
Ingram and Russell are the star offensive players. Clarkson will play the role of supportive offense better than Waiters is willing to imo

#23 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 04, 2017 - 01:19 PM

What if Waiters takes 9 Mil per year for 2 years and a 3rd year team option? Clarkson?  But I agree. I struggle with the contract year guys. Truthfully he was the difference in Miami

#24 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,247 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 04, 2017 - 01:35 PM

What if Waiters takes 9 Mil per year for 2 years and a 3rd year team option? Clarkson?  But I agree. I struggle with the contract year guys. Truthfully he was the difference in Miami

Waiters is going to make over $15 million easily... if you're gauging him at $9 million your perception of the free agency market is out of sorts.

• GCMD, bfc1125roy and LACAS like this

#25 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 05, 2017 - 02:38 PM

Waiters is going to make over $15 million easily... if you're gauging him at $9 million your perception of the free agency market is out of sorts.

No way he gets less than Clarkson.  Clarkson took the minimum based on a guy with his skill set and athleticism.  I think he could have easily gotten as much as Moz and Deng got on the open market.

Edited by GCMD, June 05, 2017 - 02:39 PM.

tenor.gif

#26 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted June 05, 2017 - 05:10 PM

I think he'll get anywhere around 15-16 mil.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with the nets/76ers

#27 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts

Posted June 06, 2017 - 05:46 AM

Wasn't gauging him at 9 mil. Was just using that number stating that there needs to be a nice gap between Clarkson and Waiters to give consider a contract year guy. I am extremely leery of contract year guys. Which is why Im lost on how we have Deng and Moz on their current contracts. 4 years???   

#28 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,247 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 06, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Wasn't gauging him at 9 mil. Was just using that number stating that there needs to be a nice gap between Clarkson and Waiters to give consider a contract year guy. I am extremely leery of contract year guys. Which is why Im lost on how we have Deng and Moz on their current contracts. 4 years???   

Well yeah Waiters is going to make a good amount of money.  Certainly more than Clarkson but I'm sure he peaks at the $17/18 million mark.  

Deng and Moz contracts will go down as some of the worst made in the past decade.  The money was fine, the duration is what always made no sense.  2 years max would have been ideal and if anything 2 years with a team option on the 3rd.  

#29 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,671 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 06, 2017 - 11:55 AM

Those contracts will matter if/when Russell or Ingram become All Stars through their play or by trades

Edited by BasketballIQ, June 06, 2017 - 11:55 AM.

• LACAS likes this

#30 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,706 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 06, 2017 - 09:49 PM

The article mentions the ties with Pelinka being his former agent.

Not sure how I feel about this considering his play only recently ramped up during the second half of this season.

Likely just one of those situations in which the Laker's franchise is thrown in to increase attention and clicks.

http://bleacherrepor...for-right-price

Unless Pelinka knows he can get Waiters on a short-term bargain deal that can boost his stock (which would make some sense) i dont really see the point. Paying a back-up like him market value, which i assume is in the 12-16M range just doesn't make sense considering that we likely are getting Lonzo, Jackson or Fox in the draft.  

• LakeShow1o1 and LACAS like this

#31 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts

Posted June 07, 2017 - 05:18 AM

Well yeah Waiters is going to make a good amount of money.  Certainly more than Clarkson but I'm sure he peaks at the $17/18 million mark.  

Deng and Moz contracts will go down as some of the worst made in the past decade.  The money was fine, the duration is what always made no sense.  2 years max would have been ideal and if anything 2 years with a team option on the 3rd.  

I guess when you give a 38 year old PG with a bad back 3 years it's par for the course for the unemployed guys

#32 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 06:52 PM

This is rearing its head again

#33 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,710 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 02, 2017 - 07:21 PM

We're begging for Dion Waiters. I'm sorry, but things like this reminds me how [expletive]ed up the Lakers are. We've been there for a while but still...

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,281 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted July 02, 2017 - 07:46 PM

Life comes at you fast.  Gotta operate like a real basketball team when their isn't a generational talent or 2 in house

We're begging for Dion Waiters. I'm sorry, but things like this reminds me how [expletive]ed up the Lakers are. We've been there for a while but still...

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#35 ChichoGarcy

ChichoGarcy

Off The Bench

• 1,710 posts
  • Name:Chicho
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:10 PM

Life comes at you fast.  Gotta operate like a real basketball team when their isn't a generational talent or 2 in house

If Lonzo doesn't become the player who a lot of people think he can be, man... Next FA could be a another major disapointment. And there's no plan B, all the eggs are in that basket.

#36 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:23 PM

Lakers could end up with Westbrook, Paul George and lebron next season.

Not probable but possible.

#37 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,281 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:29 PM

Ehhh I dont like the idea of Westbrook with Lebron...WB would be off the ball too much and thats pretty much where most of his value comes from.  

Lakers could end up with Westbrook, Paul George and lebron next season.

Not probable but possible.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#38 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:34 PM

Ehhh I dont like the idea of Westbrook with Lebron...WB would be off the ball too much and thats pretty much where most of his value comes from.

Yeah there are certainly arguments for and against.

I think the pros outweighs the cons, especially if we get to keep one of Ingram or Lonzo.

That's certainly a top two team in west/NBA

The WCF would be the new finals.

#39 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,281 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:51 PM

Sometimes less is more.  Lebron and PG fit like a glove.  The thing Russ is great at gets limited when you have someone like Lebron.  Russ isn't exactly a good shooter or defender.  His playmaking is mostly based on him bending the defense.  Lebron already does that at a smarter and more efficient level.  

#40 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 02, 2017 - 09:09 PM

Russ would be great next to a guy like Blake Griffin tbh.  Blake and Westbrook would fit better than CP3 and Blake imo. 

Edited by Majesty, July 02, 2017 - 09:09 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users