Photo

Report: Lakers Actively Seeking Trade Offers For Jordan Clarkson

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• LN Staff
  • 11,131 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 01, 2017 - 11:56 AM

Jordan Schultz‏Verified account @Schultz_Report  5 hours ago

Per a source, #Lakers are not just "open-minded" to trading Jordan Clarkson, as has been reported, but are actively seeking out offers.

The Los Angeles Lakers own the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft and have plenty of young and perhaps available talent. In basketball terms, that is known as having “assets.”

One of those younger and talented players is combo guard Jordan Clarkson. He could bring back a nice return, no doubt.

Per Basketball Insiders:

I’ve been told by someone in the know that the Lakers are “increasingly open-minded” about trading Clarkson and to not be surprised for him to end up being moved as soon as draft night. That’s conjecture at this point, as the Lakers need not rush to clear what may appear to be a logjam in the making.

Bleacher Report took the news a step further:

Per a source, Lakers are not just “open-minded” to trading Jordan Clarkson, as has been reported, but are actively seeking out offers.

Who might be interested in Clarkson? Amico Hoops asked around and the answer was just about every team. But those mentioned most as teams perhaps willing to intensely explore a deal: Indiana, Sacramento and Memphis.

But whoever it may be, the Lakers will want serious assets in return, no doubt.

Clarkson, 24, averaged 14.7 points and 3.0 rebounds this past season.

Jordan to the Pacers for Monta, Lance Stephenson or Thaddeus Young? 

Jordan to the Kings for Arron Afflalo or Tyreke Evans?

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, June 01, 2017 - 12:08 PM.

#2 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,826 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 01, 2017 - 12:07 PM

Per a source, #Lakers are not just "open-minded" to trading Jordan Clarkson, as has been reported, but are actively seeking out offers.

Jordan to the Pacers for Monta, Lance Stephenson or Thaddeus Young? 

Jordan to the Kings for Arron Afflalo or Tyreke Evans?

Monta Ellis is 31 years of age with 2 more years on his contract (NO THANKS)

Lance Stephenson was a free agent for over 3/4s of this season, no one wanted him (NO THANKS)

Thaddeus Young is a run of the mill power forward that has been unable to find a consistent deep range shot (NO THANKS)

Aaron Afflalo is 31, seems to be on the decine, and would add very little to this squad (NO THANKS)

Tyreke Evans, out of all the names you listed is the best option, but even then he doesn't fit this roster and has been injury plagued (NO THANKS)

Many logical fans knew that the benching of Russell late in the season despite the great stat line post All-Star break was to evaluate Clarkson's play and attempt to increase his trade value.  There's no surprise that he's on the block.

#3 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,603 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 01, 2017 - 12:17 PM

Read this and was thinking. Logjam?
Russell
#2 pick combo guard or pg
Than who if you trade JC and MY opts out?
Nwaba? I cannot see a logjam

#4 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 2,066 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 01, 2017 - 12:42 PM

They should trade the snitch first before this guy.

• Busty Bluth likes this

2449wqt.jpg

#5 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,376 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 12:51 PM

The trade ideas you came up with are terrible imo.

I think the best return we could get for Clarkson is to include him in a package.

That being said, I think Clarkson didnt have the luxury of role stability since he was in the league. Projected to be the future PG in his rookie season( Post-ASG since he didnt log meaningful minutes prior), moved to the 2 when Russell was drafted. Relegated to the bench last season(being a 2 mostly), only to start in the last 20 games as a PG.

His mindset shifted as his role changed. From a distributor to being a scoring threat off the bench to trying to balance between the 2 in the last 20 games last season..

My only knock on Clarkson is not his game per se as much as the personnel in the backcourt. All are offensive players and we need to find someone who's better on the other end to create balance.. Im open to trade him, but getting a late rounder for him or meaningless players in return( as the pieces you mentioned) is not worth it at all.

We have to get past the infatuation of shaking up the team just for the sake of it..

Edited by Ventiquattro, June 01, 2017 - 12:52 PM.

•     and DaSmoothOperator like this

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 8,250 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 01, 2017 - 12:52 PM

Monta Ellis is 31 years of age with 2 more years on his contract (NO THANKS)

Lance Stephenson was a free agent for over 3/4s of this season, no one wanted him (NO THANKS)

Thaddeus Young is a run of the mill power forward that has been unable to find a consistent deep range shot (NO THANKS)

Aaron Afflalo is 31, seems to be on the decine, and would add very little to this squad (NO THANKS)

Tyreke Evans, out of all the names you listed is the best option, but even then he doesn't fit this roster and has been injury plagued (NO THANKS)

Many logical fans knew that the benching of Russell late in the season despite the great stat line post All-Star break was to evaluate Clarkson's play and attempt to increase his trade value.  There's no surprise that he's on the block.

Wait a second here:

Monta Ellis is a scrub, obviously, but the other guys could make sense.

Lance is crazy, but a much better defender, a good passer and an equally streaky shooter who is only guaranteed for 5M next season.

Thad Young is better than Clarkson in just about every aspect of the game and he's on a shorter deal.

Tyreke Evans is a bad fit, but Tyreke is a FA so that's not really an option.

I think the best option of the names mentioned is Arron Afflalo. Assuming we draft Lonzo Ball, we can start Russell-Ball, then run Russell-Afflalo or Lonzo-Afflalo which will work fine. Afflalo is a solid veteran with a reliable and accurate 3pt shot and sound defense. Also, he's off the books after next season which adds to the Lakers' spending power.

#7 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,613 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted June 01, 2017 - 02:15 PM

Wait a second here:

Lance is crazy, but a much better defender, a good passer and an equally streaky shooter who is only guaranteed for 5M next season.
Thad Young is better than Clarkson in just about every aspect of the game and he's on a shorter deal.

I think the best option of the names mentioned is Arron Afflalo. Assuming we draft Lonzo Ball, we can start Russell-Ball, then run Russell-Afflalo or Lonzo-Afflalo which will work fine. Afflalo is a solid veteran with a reliable and accurate 3pt shot and sound defense. Also, he's off the books after next season which adds to the Lakers' spending power.

Afflalo has been beyond terrible for like 2 seasons at this point.

#8 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,826 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 01, 2017 - 02:48 PM

Wait a second here:

Afflalo is on the decline....

At 31 years of age, he probably has 2-3 years left of quality play.  

Afflalo is a serviceable player, but Clarkson has a greater ceiling and would provide much more consistent production over a longer time span.  This trade straight up would make no sense.

However...

If it were Jordan Clarkson + the 28th pick for Aaron Afflalo and Skal.  I'd certainly pickup the phone.

#9 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,361 posts

Posted June 01, 2017 - 04:01 PM

If we're looking for a great defender for the backcourt:

One of the best defenders in the backcourt in this draft.  Try to sell POR on taking both JC for their 15th pick...probably not gonna happen but definitely intriguing.

This is a deep, deep draft.

Edited by GCMD, June 01, 2017 - 04:08 PM.

tenor.gif

#10 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 8,250 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 02, 2017 - 12:39 AM

^ In what universe does Portland who has the league's most expensive roster take on Clarkson's 12 M for a mid-1st rounder? They cant even do it if they wanted to.

#11 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,361 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 02:10 AM

^ In what universe does Portland who has the league's most expensive roster take on Clarkson's 12 M for a mid-1st rounder? They cant even do it if they wanted to.

Do you know what "probably not gonna happen" means?  Come on, now.  Why start unnecessary arguments?

tenor.gif

#12 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,603 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 02, 2017 - 04:44 AM

That would be The 2nd highest expensive team behind Clevkand sir

#13 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,377 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted June 02, 2017 - 07:54 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Russ and clarkson go in favor of George and then try to lure Westbrook here

ap1.png

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,261 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 02, 2017 - 08:32 AM

I wouldn't be surprised to see Russ and clarkson go in favor of George and then try to lure Westbrook here

Get out of fantasyland.

NOT happening. We not even ending up with George.

#15 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,950 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted June 02, 2017 - 09:12 AM

JC, Randle, the 28th and throw in BasketballIQ for Paul George.

• FranklinPeanuts and GCMD like this

#16 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TEIAM

• 2,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted June 02, 2017 - 02:08 PM

Rather keep Clarkson.  At least he is getting better and works hard.  Trade D Lo man.  

#17 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,613 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 02:17 PM

Rather keep Clarkson.  At least he is getting better and works hard.  Trade D Lo man.

What???
  • LACAS likes this

#18 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,950 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 02:19 PM

Say what?

#19 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,613 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 02:23 PM

Say what?

He wants us to trade the younger and currently better player because he's not getting better or working hard...I think

Bro I have no clue...I tried lol but it's something like that
  • LACAS likes this

#20 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,950 posts

Posted June 02, 2017 - 02:24 PM

He wants us to trade the younger and currently better player because he's not getting better or working hard...I think

Bro I have no clue...I tried lol but it's something like that

Im gonna have a few drinks and re-read it.

• Ventiquattro and kidpolean like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users