Superstar

• 7,090 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 02, 2017 - 09:48 AM

Is Russell expected back? 

Nope

Our team leader in points and assists will be traded for a pick in this years draft with hopes of that pick being a super star.

• LACAS likes this

#102 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,158 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 02, 2017 - 09:52 AM

Nope

Our team leader in points and assists will be traded for a pick in this years draft with hopes of that pick being a super star.

Daaaaaayum, its rough out there.

So we're trading Russ for more hope to add onto all the hope we already have... I hope we'll be good some day.

Edited by LACAS, June 02, 2017 - 12:16 PM.

#103 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,860 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 02, 2017 - 11:05 AM

I hope we'll be good some day.

Lmao define "good". We need some hope and a prayer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#104 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,799 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 02, 2017 - 11:38 AM

The funny part of all of this is this:

Had butler were drafted by the lakers, and say now it's his 2nd year, you guys would want him to be traded. Same with Giannis, same with harden, curry, Lowry, kawhi... should I continue?

Lol. Good one. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Lol

#105 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,365 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 02, 2017 - 11:50 AM

The funny part of all of this is this:

Had butler were drafted by the lakers, and say now it's his 2nd year, you guys would want him to be traded. Same with Giannis, same with harden, curry, Lowry, kawhi... should I continue?

Take George and Cousins both drafted in 2010.  By the end of their second seasons the Pacers and Kings package them up for a couple All NBA 3rd team talents in Carmelo Anthony and Rajon Rondo..... 

#106 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,108 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 04, 2017 - 12:52 PM

Keep Hope Alive!!

#107 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,792 posts

Posted June 05, 2017 - 02:52 PM

Russell isn't near Paul George or DeMarcus Cousin's level...not even close.

He put up good points on a bad team.  If we are STILL hoping to draft the next face of the franchise, we know one thing - Russell isn't the face of the franchise.

Remember this guy?

Rookie season - 16.7ppg / 6.3apg / 6.2rpg

STOP

OVERRATING

PLAYERS

ON

BAD
TEAMS!!!

You want to claim Russell's stats this year mean he's a franchise player?  I claim that as a PG, his stats WITHOUT making his team better mean absolutely NOTHING.  There are a LOT of players that look good on bad teams when they have the green light and nothing to lose.  So what?

tenor.gif

#108 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,556 posts

Posted June 05, 2017 - 03:30 PM

"Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year"

No his team was bad. Wouldnt put up such numbers on a good team

"Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year and he was on a good team"

But he didnt LEAD the team to the playoffs

"Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year, was on a good team and led his team to playoffs"

Did he pass the 1st round?

"Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year, was on a good team, led his team to playoffs and reached the finals"

But he cant win because he's inexperienced

""Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year, was on a good team, led his team to playoffs and reached the finals AND won the title"

Cant repeat next year unless he improves his game.

Moral story: We can always find reasons to discredit any achievement/performance. 

#109 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,339 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 05, 2017 - 04:03 PM

According to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune, Butler will be meeting with the Bulls brass next week to talk about his future:

Those same sentiments are expected to be put forth as early as next week with Butler due back in Chicago after spending the last month training in Los Angeles. A source said Butler, who is scheduled to leave for Europe later this month and continue his training there, is expected to meet with management after only having a brief exit meeting on April 29, the day after the Celtics bounced the Bulls from the playoffs.

http://www.chicagotr...0602-story.html

Edited by Lakersfan1211, June 05, 2017 - 04:03 PM.

#110 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,792 posts

Posted June 05, 2017 - 05:53 PM

"Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year"

No his team was bad. Wouldnt put up such numbers on a good team

"Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year and he was on a good team"

But he didnt LEAD the team to the playoffs

"Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year, was on a good team and led his team to playoffs"

Did he pass the 1st round?

"Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year, was on a good team, led his team to playoffs and reached the finals"

But he cant win because he's inexperienced

""Player puts up a reasonable stats in his sophomore year, was on a good team, led his team to playoffs and reached the finals AND won the title"

Cant repeat next year unless he improves his game.

Moral story: We can always find reasons to discredit any achievement/performance. 

You say it matters.

I say it may not.

Your opinion is no more valid than mine.  You want to see a future AllStar.  I won't make that leap based on the current data.

My point was if this were a player on another team, most Lakers fans would be saying the same exact thing...stop overrating stats from teams that finish in the bottom 3 in the league...especially when that player is responsible for running the offense.

tenor.gif

#111 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,339 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 05, 2017 - 06:08 PM

Jimmy Butler indeed had his exit meeting today with Bulls management. Parties met briefly day after elimination, more substantively today.

K.C. Johnson Retweeted ️

He's under contract for 2 more yrs. Management has publicly said they value Butler/not looking to trade him/but have to listen to interest.

#112 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,481 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 05, 2017 - 06:28 PM

You say it matters.
I say it may not.

Your opinion is no more valid than mine. You want to see a future AllStar. I won't make that leap based on the current data.

My point was if this were a player on another team, most Lakers fans would be saying the same exact thing...stop overrating stats from teams that finish in the bottom 3 in the league...especially when that player is responsible for running the offense.

Good players on bad teams.
Cousins
Anthony (Melo)
Anthony Davis
Wiggins
Towns
Booker
LeBron his first two years
Kobe in his prime.
Gasol in Memphis

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jimmy Butler, Luol Deng, DAngelo Russell, 28th Pick

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users