Photo

2017 Playoff Games

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

• 43,298 posts

Posted April 21, 2017 - 03:22 PM

and yet once again, yet another break for LeBron. Eventhough it was no guarantee the Bulls could've eventually taken down the Cavs having literally swept them in the regular season, they at the least could've potentially given them some serious trouble, maybe the most out of anyone in that conference (more than the Wizards) based on that evidence alone and their top players' greater playoff and experience pedigree, but now with this?

Seems like every year LeBron only gets more help with opposing teams' injuries in his conference when it's already weak to begin with even with most teams at full strength.

It's really quite amazing. One can only laugh at these unecessary and unfortunate, but seemingly consistent occurrences.

yo.

#42 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,002 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 21, 2017 - 06:08 PM

I don't know I don't think the Bulls are a real challenge to the Cavs. Bron has owned that franchise his entire career and they won't dominate the boards against the Cavs like they're doing against the Celtics. The Cavs losing before the finals will take a monumental upset and the wizards are the only team I think is capable

Edited by stillshining, April 21, 2017 - 06:09 PM.

#43 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,425 posts

Posted April 21, 2017 - 08:46 PM

It's crazy how good the Clippers are.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#44 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,381 posts

Posted April 22, 2017 - 07:58 PM

I don't know I don't think the Bulls are a real challenge to the Cavs. Bron has owned that franchise his entire career and they won't dominate the boards against the Cavs like they're doing against the Celtics. The Cavs losing before the finals will take a monumental upset and the wizards are the only team I think is capable

No team in the east is a challenge to LeBron. NO TEAM in the NBA is a challenge to LeBron except GSW and SAS.

• MaceWindu likes this

#45 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,617 posts

Posted April 22, 2017 - 08:43 PM

Kawhi is playing crazy in the series (33 ppg 6.5 rpg 3.3 apg 2 spg on 58% and he made all of his 40 free throws so far)

but Grizzlies are proving to be a tough nut to crack. Spurs have to win the next game.

fXlFKv8.gif

#46 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,002 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 23, 2017 - 06:12 AM

Kawhi is playing crazy in the series (33 ppg 6.5 rpg 3.3 apg 2 spg on 58% and he made all of his 40 free throws so far)

but Grizzlies are proving to be a tough nut to crack. Spurs have to win the next game.

honestly he should be averaging more lol he got a 40 year old guarding him.

On a serious note that fourth quarter and overtime performance was sublime... gotta pull out that win tho.

#47 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,628 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2017 - 08:20 AM

I thought the Spurs would be the only team that could challenge GSW, and that doesn't even seem close now. 

#48 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,425 posts

Posted April 23, 2017 - 02:46 PM

Lakers should have never let D'Antoni walk. 

#49 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,345 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 23, 2017 - 07:40 PM

Anyone feeling a bit sorry for the Clippers?
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#50 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,504 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted April 24, 2017 - 06:29 AM

I wouldn't say sorry.

But i hate how injuries to them and others (rondo, KD, gobert) tend to water down the only part of the year laker fans have been looking forward to.

Part of the game but still kinda sucks as a fan who likes to spend all weekend watching games and at nights during week

•     likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#51 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,127 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 24, 2017 - 08:38 AM

Nope. They had no chance to beat GS if they were at full strength, and even if GS still didn't have Durant. 

Its GS v. CLE. I just want to watch fun series because the chip is set in stone pretty much. 

Lakers should have never let D'Antoni walk. 

Said no one ever. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, April 24, 2017 - 08:39 AM.

• fido likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#52 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,618 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 24, 2017 - 11:21 AM

Not at all. You kind of got a sense as to what the Clippers are now. Blake has a history of injuries, DeAndre is a non offensive, only able catch a lot, rebounding block athletic big and then you have CP3 carrying the load and then there's the rest of the Clippers. I don't feel sorry for them. Doc is a terrible GM and should just stick to coaching
  • fido likes this

#53 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,345 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 24, 2017 - 01:23 PM

I wouldn't say sorry.

But i hate how injuries to them and others (rondo, KD, gobert) tend to water down the only part of the year laker fans have been looking forward to.

Part of the game but still kinda sucks as a fan who likes to spend all weekend watching games and at nights during week

Nope. They had no chance to beat GS if they were at full strength, and even if GS still didn't have Durant. 

Its GS v. CLE. I just want to watch fun series because the chip is set in stone pretty much. 

Said no one ever. 

Not at all. You kind of got a sense as to what the Clippers are now. Blake has a history of injuries, DeAndre is a non offensive, only able catch a lot, rebounding block athletic big and then you have CP3 carrying the load and then there's the rest of the Clippers. I don't feel sorry for them. Doc is a terrible GM and should just stick to coaching

lol. I don't either. Just checking the pulse of Lakernation.

Edited by MaceWindu, April 24, 2017 - 01:24 PM.

• FranklinPeanuts and PhillyLaker24 like this

#54 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,220 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 24, 2017 - 09:08 PM

This clippers team already peaked. Its going to get worse before it gets better barring some amazing offseason which I don't see happening. They have 3 options this offseason.

1. Retain everyone and just improve role players. Most likely what will happen and they still will be at best a 2nd round exit.

2. Let Griffin walk and hope they can sign a better FA to fill that spot. Right now looking at the FA class I don't see much.  Though Doc is a awful GM and I could see him trying this.

3. They let both Griffin and CP3 walk and rebuild. Austin Rivers, Jordan Crawford, and Deandre Jordan are their best players for next couple seasons until they ultimately decide to tank season. 

I remember seeing this situation happening when they signed Deandre to that max. They made it so they couldn't improve their team at all other than with small contracts which isn't close to enough. This team never has a chance agaisnt teams like the warriors or cavs.  Best thing they can do is just make this 2nd round exit team last as long as possible until they inevitable fall back into the typical Clipper team. 

#55 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,617 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 09:38 PM

I was one of those that thought Chris Paul - Blake Griffin duo could have become like Stockton and Malone if they stick together. There are differences of course, but in this era it could work. However, those two were not as healthy as Stockton and Malone.

2012/13 season (56-26): Chris Paul missed 12 games, Blake Griffin missed 2 games.

2013/14 season (57-25): Chris Paul missed 20 games, Blake Griffin missed 2 games.

2014/15 season (56-26): Chris Paul played in all games, Blake Griffin missed 15 games.

2015/16 season (53-29): Chris Paul missed 8 games, Blake Griffin missed 47 games.

2016/17 season (51-31): Chris Paul missed 21 games, Blake Griffin missed 21 games.

That is a ton of games Clippers were not able to utilize the duo.

• kball likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#56 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,425 posts

Posted April 24, 2017 - 11:16 PM

If only that Clippers fan member wasn't banned here; we could have garnered some insight into what may be going on in the up.

#57 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 14,911 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 25, 2017 - 12:18 AM

And what did Stockton and Malone win?  Nothing.

Griffin only wishes he had the motivation and skill of Malone.

No sympathy here.

#58 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,504 posts

Posted April 25, 2017 - 04:57 AM

^

Karl--#2 all time scorer, 2 mvp's

Stockton--Most career assists, mosts career steals.

Not bad consolation prizes imo in the showtime era followed by the MJ era 

Edited by kball, April 25, 2017 - 04:58 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

#59 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,504 posts

Posted April 25, 2017 - 05:43 AM

Thought on Kerr and GS...

If he's done either for the playoffs or coaching entirely due to his continuing pain etc, Luke left warriors a year too soon.

If i was Luke I'd much rather be in GS than this continuing laker shtshow top to bottom of organization

#60 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,273 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 25, 2017 - 09:51 AM

Kball. U sound like a band Wagoner of low character

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users