Posted April 15, 2017 - 11:31 AM

160413134216-playoffs-2016-official-t1-c

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted April 15, 2017 - 12:39 PM

Pacers staying right there with the Cavs. 

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 01:23 PM

Pacers with the lead with 3 mins left.

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,048 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 15, 2017 - 01:33 PM

Dear Lakers,

Trade whatever you have to, in order to get Paul George. 

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 01:35 PM

lol cavs double PG on the last shot because they know the rest of his team sucks. No way in hell PG resigns with this team. 

#6 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 01:35 PM

Dear Lakers,

He is so good but on such a crap team. 

• fido likes this

#7 fido

fido

• 15,048 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 01:37 PM

If you build even the slightest around him, he is going to blow up something huge.

#8 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,536 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 15, 2017 - 02:49 PM

Dear Lakers,

Ingram And Zubac and Russell huh?

#9 fido

fido

• 15,048 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 04:23 PM

Fine with me.

But if you trade 2 young guys, Mozgov or Deng is included in the deal with some throw-ins from the Pacers coming along with George.

#10 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,153 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 15, 2017 - 04:48 PM

That's a terrible idea...

A) Paul George alone in the Western Conference won't even guarantee you a playoff seeding.

B) Trading away 2 young guys for George only guarantees you a single year of service.  He may leave, he may stay, who knows.

C) He has already announced that LA is one of his potential destinations.  Why gut the roster for him.  If he truly wants to come, he'll sign on the dotted line.

• lakerfan98 likes this

#11 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,326 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted April 15, 2017 - 08:36 PM

That's a terrible idea...

A) Paul George alone in the Western Conference won't even guarantee you a playoff seeding.

B) Trading away 2 young guys for George only guarantees you a single year of service. He may leave, he may stay, who knows.

C) He has already announced that LA is one of his potential destinations. Why gut the roster for him. If he truly wants to come, he'll sign on the dotted line.

He also wants to be in a situation to win. If Bird is smart he trades him. What if he goes to Boston? He gets use to it there at stays. We have to take a gamble. I think Magic and Rob will roll the dice on this. They have to.
  • fido likes this

#12 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,326 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 09:30 PM

Clippers suck so bad lmao
  • MaceWindu likes this

#13 fido

fido

• 15,048 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 09:42 PM

So great to watch the Jazz beat the Clippers tonight.

I cannot wait until this team is broken up and all this ridiculous empty Clipper fandom finally disintegrates.

There are monetary reasons to trade for George now.  If you wait for free agency you are gambling big time that he will leave an enormous amount of money on the table (I believe it's around 80 million).  I don't think he, or any other player would wind up doing that unless it's some absolutely abominable situation, which Indiana isn't.  I'd rather not take that gamble and begin a comeback for the Lakers right now.  If you trade for him now, you retain his rights and then not only would huge leave tons of money on the table, he also would be walking away from his hometown.  Even more unlikely.  If you can trade for him now - you do it.  Plain and simple.

Also, it's not gutting the team to trade two young players.  That's preposterous.  Russell and Randle, or any combo of two players doesn't destroy this team (this team that won 26 games and struggled to do anything productive all year by the way).

Back to the Clippers...  I said it years ago when everyone was all Griffin crazed for no good reason.  The guy is a dud.  He disappears in big moments, can't play defense, barely shows the will to rebound and can't pass.  He shows no want for the ball in crunch time and lacks the passion to win.  If the Clippers continue to hold onto him, they'll continue to flounder.

• Biggums likes this

#14 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,153 posts

Posted April 15, 2017 - 10:01 PM

He also wants to be in a situation to win. If Bird is smart he trades him. What if he goes to Boston? He gets use to it there at stays. We have to take a gamble. I think Magic and Rob will roll the dice on this. They have to.

Your argument makes little to no sense.

If he wants to be in a winning situation,the Lakers are far from that.  The team currently constructed with Paul George minus 2 core youngsters will barely be a .500 team in the Western Conference..

Since you want to discuss hypotheticals and are suggesting what if Boston trades for George and he ends up committing long term.  How about a scenario where Pelinka and Magic "roll the dice" and trade 2 core youngsters (Russell and Randle or Russell and Zubac) for Paul George equating to a Laker team that doesn't make the playoffs and now as a free agent on the market, George decides to sign elsewhere?

Also, it's not gutting the team to trade two young players.  That's preposterous.  Russell and Randle, or any combo of two players doesn't destroy this team (this team that won 26 games and struggled to do anything productive all year by the way).

Considering the situation the Lakers are in, trading away two of our previous 1st round picks (7th and 2nd overall) is definitely gutting the roster.  D'Angelo Russell (the teams leader in both points and assists) as well as Julius Randle (the teams leading rebounder) in place of Paul George doesn't really do much for this team in a stacked Western Conference.  Yes we'll have a big name player, but one alone in the Western Conference doesn't mean [expletive].

Doing this is essentially negates all rebuilding efforts that have been made in the past few seasons. 

Edited by LakeShow1o1, April 15, 2017 - 10:10 PM.

#15 fido

fido

• 15,048 posts

Posted April 16, 2017 - 07:54 AM

The rebuilding effort, as perceived by Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak is going nowhere.

I don't know what further proof is needed to convince people.

I couldn't disagree more.

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,536 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 16, 2017 - 09:10 AM

Fido...say something relevant.

Whatever you are attempting to say isn't making any sense

#17 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,153 posts

Posted April 16, 2017 - 09:18 AM

The rebuilding effort, as perceived by Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak is going nowhere.

I don't know what further proof is needed to convince people.

I couldn't disagree more.

How else does a team rebuild after losing a generational talent in Kobe Bryant?

The Lakers simply made attempts to sign big name free agents but struck out so chose the other route which was obtain top picks 7th, 2nd, and 2nd overall and now have a few solid young prospects in which they should build around.  Jim and Mitch's only mistake was signing Deng and Mozgov to such long term contracts.  Signing players like them wasn't a bad move, it's simply the monetary value and duration of the deals which have now limited this team financially.

You seem to be highly against our current rebuild and have suggested that we trade young assets for Paul George.  I'm not sure how that method of "rebuilding" benefits this team whatsoever.  The result of that deal still won't place us in playoff contention and we'll instead have fewer prospects all while having to hope that George is willing to resign with a .500 team at best in the Western Conference.

• BasketballIQ likes this

#18 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,765 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2017 - 10:14 AM

If you trade for him now, you retain his rights and then not only would huge leave tons of money on the table, he also would be walking away from his hometown.  

We might need to fact check this as I remember reading that if George is traded, he loses the large sum of money he would get from the Pacers but then every team has an equal footing in acquiring George (meaning the Lakers cannot pay George more money even if they trade for him). And with California state taxes, we're practically offering less, outside of endorsements. 

That's why I feel all these "Paul George to Lakers" rumors are being leaked by his agent, so teams are less likely to trade for him. Especially when the additional rumor that "Hey Lakers, don't trade for George because you'll be wasting your assets when George is already planning to sign there." That just sounds really fishy, and manufactured to make sure George stays in Indiana so he collects that large check. 

I still agree that we should trade for George. However, no way am I including Russell or Ingram. They're #2 picks with high potential, and George barely made the Playoffs in the East. A deal with the top 3 pick if we retain it, it depends. I'd definitely do Clarkson/Randle/Houston pick for Paul George. I doubt Pacers consider any deal outside of Russell, Ingram, or top 3 pick though. 

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

#19 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,326 posts

Posted April 16, 2017 - 01:51 PM

We might need to fact check this as I remember reading that if George is traded, he loses the large sum of money he would get from the Pacers but then every team has an equal footing in acquiring George (meaning the Lakers cannot pay George more money even if they trade for him). And with California state taxes, we're practically offering less, outside of endorsements.

That's why I feel all these "Paul George to Lakers" rumors are being leaked by his agent, so teams are less likely to trade for him. Especially when the additional rumor that "Hey Lakers, don't trade for George because you'll be wasting your assets when George is already planning to sign there." That just sounds really fishy, and manufactured to make sure George stays in Indiana so he collects that large check.

I still agree that we should trade for George. However, no way am I including Russell or Ingram. They're #2 picks with high potential, and George barely made the Playoffs in the East. A deal with the top 3 pick if we retain it, it depends. I'd definitely do Clarkson/Randle/Houston pick for Paul George. I doubt Pacers consider any deal outside of Russell, Ingram, or top 3 pick though.

Because you're not going to give them our undesirables for their allstar. Ingram Clarkson and Houston pick may do it.

#20 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 16, 2017 - 01:54 PM

Green is absolutely dominating this game defensively, talk about stamping his DPOY candidacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users